The Angry Video Game Nerd

Henry B

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember those Nintendo games being bad, per se... they were just ridiculously hard. Oh, and a little silly in some of the liberties they took. There's also that weird Famicom game.

As for Star Wars on PC... well, all the old games were excellent, so that wouldn't give him much to work with.

• 3 weeks later...
As for Star Wars on PC... well, all the old games were excellent, so that wouldn't give him much to work with.

You'd have to start with Rebel Assault, its sequel, and Force Commander before you hit the bad Star Wars PC games. I enjoyed Rebellion. And once Episode I came out, LA just started cranking out prequel based games like there was no tomorrow. Which was fine from a music-grabbing standpoint, just disenchanting from a gamer's perspective.

• 1 month later...

It's been quiet around here lately. Turns out that James Rolfe and ScrewAttack are renewing their contract so it's preventing the release of any new Nerd videos at the moment, but there are several on deck ready to go out as soon as it's done (the next ones being a "history lesson", one "full of crazy antics", and a classic bare bones review). In the meantime, to tide us over:

The Top 10 Nerd moments of 2008

Rolfe shows us his NES collection

It's been quiet around here lately. Turns out that James Rolfe and ScrewAttack are renewing their contract so it's preventing the release of any new Nerd videos at the moment, but there are several on deck ready to go out as soon as it's done (the next ones being a "history lesson", one "full of crazy antics", and a classic bare bones review). In the meantime, to tide us over:

The Top 10 Nerd moments of 2008

Rolfe shows us his NES collection

That's one huge ass collection. I was wondering why there hadn't been any new videos lately.

Finally! This is obviously the history lesson one. Long on history short on anger, but still good. I remember the Bit Wars all too well. I expect plenty of anger in part 2.

Nick,

You'll get a kick out of James. Hopefully you're watching his videos from the beginning on wards. There's some in that are meh alright, but there are quite a few that are hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant! Death Kitty, the Green Face of Supreme Annoyance, the toilet, and Richard's contribution were all great. I wish the montage with him using gun accessories actually could have gone on longer with more stuff, maybe even the classic headset one from the NES Accessories vid. "Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!...."

• 2 weeks later...