Who's the most famous person you have met?

Josh500

Don't really know what "famous" means, but, amongst others:

I worked for / with : Bill Ross, John Frizzell, David Foster, Stephen "Doc" Kupka;

I met with: Michael Giacchino, John Powell, Klaus Badelt, Michael Giacchino, Ed Shearmur, Basil Poledouris, Randy Newman, James Taylor, Conrad Pope, Eddie Karam, Brad Bird, Pete Anthony, Chris Young, Marc Shaiman;

... and I talked over the phone to Alan Silvestri and Quincy Jones.

Hmmm, mostly music people... sorry :D

Hellgi

Let me guess...you're an arranger/orchestrator?

You missed the entire John Williams/William Ross/Chamber Of Secrets Debate?

Oh I saw it but never read it...way too extensive. And I think I know most of the stuff posted in there already.

Oh I saw it but never read it...way too extensive. And I think I know most of the stuff posted in there already.

I doubt that.

I doubt that.

But skip ahead to page 6 or so, the rest isn't worth the bother.

Sir Simon Rattle is a CONDUCTOR

That's why I said "mostly" composers.

Well, he isn't even a little bit of composer :)

I fart in your general direction!!

I almost forgot...

I met Tom Baker twice (fantastic bloke, both times!)

and Elizabeth Sladen once (she's still absolutely lovely).

Met Meself Once

Met meself once, didn't like what I saw.

Didn't like the guy I saw, haw-haww.

Dont like that guy much, think he's a prat,

Can I do anything in life to correct that?

Can I be me, Can I see,

That is beyond the troubles of me?

John Williams

Elmer Bernstein

Ron Goodwin

Patrick Doyle

Howard Shore

David Holmes

Barry Tuckwell

Alan Parker

Danny Boyle

Richard Attenborough

Got embarrassingly tongue-tied with Williams, i'd planned this whole speech of how his music had touched me etc. but ended up coming out with bollocks like great concert - thanks so much for coming back to London! :mellow:

Unfortunately not, all a bit of a mad panic to get there. Had the good fortune to meet him a few years back when he came to Belfast to do a workshop on film scoring.

The reports, as well as the pictures were quite heartwarming. It was really nice to see these real, serious actors paying tribute to Doyle. Damn, I wish I was there.

Lovely man, just as you would imagine him really. Very sprightly man for his age. Chaplin is one of my favourite films and scores and we chatted briefly about it and he kindly signed my DVD.

Met former Dallas Cowboy Bill Bates, he spoke at our football banquet my senior year in high school.

Met former TCU coach Jim Wacker back in the 80's when he was in the process of bringing the program up from the bottom.

Met Ex-Cowboy Too Tall Ed Jones, shook his hand.

Unfortuantely not much happens in this neck of the woods.

Just remembered!! How could I forget!!! I once sat next to Bamber Gascoigne in the cinema. We didn't talk. We were watching Polanski's "Tess" if I remember correctly.

I'd rather have been sitting next to Nastassia Kinsky, frankly.

Not at all! He's my favorite comedian.
Got shaken by Demi Moore

:D

True story. I honestly think she was a little wasted.

Shaken :angry:

I haven't met many famous people, which is wierd since I live in California. Let's see, probably the coolest person I met was Roger Craig, a famous running back from these parts.

Oh yeah, one time I bumped into the guy who played "Booger" from those Revenge of The Nerds movies.

Walt Harris in 1999. It was in Pitt Stadium, Pittsburgh PA, when he was Pitt's football coach. That was long before he left for Stanford, which didn't end so good for him.

I also met Greg Lee, he was the host on the PBS Carmen Sandiego show.

I also got a signed letter from Bill Clinton congratulating me for participating in the Geography Bee. Had I advanced further, I'd have gotten the chance to meet Alex Trebek. I wasn't smart enough. Bummer.

Shitcan

Met meself twice

Hey, I did it thrice.

Didn't think I was too nice.

Should I be starving, and appreciate every grain of rice?

AI, you don't know what you have man,

you unappreciative, selfish, unemotive little shit can.

AI is

A shit can.

AI is become someone else is not.

John Williams, on a couple of occasions.

First time was in New York in 2004, where I met him briefly in the Green room after rehearsals (which I'd been able to attend, and which was my first time seeing Williams conduct. Just the orchestra, the Maestro, some Gorfaine-Schwartz Agency representatives and myself).

On my way backstage, I shared an elevator with Barbara Bonney, who also stopped by to greet Williams. I didn't know what to say to her, so I remained completely silent for what was an embarrasingly long elevator trip.

The second time I met Williams, was more special. I was able to give hime a piece I'd written for solo horn, based on a musical transcription of the name "John Williams" (aligning the alphabet with a scale from A to A three and a half times).

He seemed very delighted at this, and looked at the piece, and complimented me on my work! It was one of the happiest and proudest moments of my life!

I had some composition lessons with John Corigliano, who is an incredible composer, teacher and person, and also tremendously generous!

I studied with Richard Danielpour for two years, and was his assistant for one of them. Danielpour is another phenomenal artist, and a great, great man and a great friend and mentor.

Through him, I met many of the luminaries of American classical music, like Thomas Hampson, the Guarneri Quartet, etc.