Recently purchased movies / tv series

Trent B

I was surprised to learn that a UK Blu ray company put out a BD of The Fury with a better transfer of the film than Twilight Time, but was able to include the Matessino isolated score track from that release.  I thought those kind of things were exclusives.

11 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I don't know, probably. I grew up without computers and cell phones and the internet though. Does that count for something?

Just because you were poor doesn't mean you're not a Millenial.

42 minutes ago, Richard said:

Very different. Generation X was a pseudo punk band, with Billy Idol, and Brand X is a jazz-rock band, with Phil Collins on drums, as a former member.

I'd like to see Phil tour again. 

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE is good, but IF LEAVING ME IS EASY, and WHY CAN IT WAIT 'TILL MORNING? are both better. Collinc can still hear, but he can't play the drums, anymore.

31 minutes ago, I Need About Tree Fiddy said:

I'd like to see Phil tour again. 

He's doing some dates in the UK, this Summer. I guess there'll be a DVD, at some point.

Nice avatar, btw.

• 3 weeks later...

Got Rogue One on Blu-Ray because I could. For all the disappointment, there's still some cool scenes in the film that I'd like to revisit at some point.

But why the hell are all the bonus features in cinemascope? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

He said 

6 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Got Rogue One on Blu-Ray because I could. For all the disappointment, there's still some cool scenes in the film that I'd like to revisit at some point.

But why the hell are all the bonus features in cinemascope? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

Because it's more cool. Still, I'm not going to buy Rogue One or TFA because I haven't seen anything in these movies that I need to watch over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I think Carroll Ballard made a few special movies.

Character and a world of its own, those are the things that are most important in any picture, that it takes you into a world of its own that is palpable in some way, that you can practically smell. The same thing with characters, they're not a stock, off-the-shelf item, they're unpredictable and ephemeral and interesting and unique. - Carroll Ballard

And that's the reason why.

First two justify the price anyway. Other two are free.

Isolated scores apparently. Only seen the first one so I'll it's about time I saw Aliens in full at least. 

IMG_3459.JPG

• 1 month later...

SAE had a sale on Twilight Time BDs so I picked up 2 with isolated John Williams scores

33199.jpg 26735.jpg

They join The Fury and Stanley and Iris in the Twilight Time / Isolated scores / owned by me club, just need Tom Sawyer to complete the collection.