Recently purchased movies / tv series

Trent B

I've only seen HD DVD samples but I can imagine that Blu-ray is much the same. The quality was damn impressive, but I don't think they're going to take over from DVD as the standard anytime soon. Heck, I got my first DVD drive a bit before Gladiator came out on DVD - not that long ago.

I bought a bunch of movies:

Spartacus - Criterion

Seven Samauri - Criterion

Gremlins

Unforgiven

Jingle All The Way

Ratatouille

Spiderman 3

Golden Age Of Looney Tunes Vol. 5

John Wayne Century Collection

The Searchers

Poltergeist

Marc,

It has it's moments.

Seeing Arnold punch out a reindeer and flying around as Turbo Man makes it worth getting.

It's one of those silly films you can enjoy.

Which Unforgiven did you buy, the Clint one, or the John Huston one?

Eastwood.

Marc,

It has it's moments.

Seeing Arnold punch out a reindeer and flying around as Turbo Man makes it worth getting.

It's one of those silly films you can enjoy.

Mark,

Step away from the crack.

I repeat, step away from the crack.

:blink:

Mark,

Step away from the crack.

I repeat, step away from the crack.

:blink:

I don't do drugs, I just drink heavily.

Especially after visiting this forum.

Mark, your children are gonna ask:

Why is the Senator beating up that guy?

They are a little too old to ask that.

Besides we saw it when it was released in the theatre.

Jingle All The Way is hilarious (or rather has some hilarious parts). Sinbad's one-liners are great.

"Rodney King! Rodney King!" as he's stuck at the bottom of a dog pile. :blink:

Finding Neverland. Very good. I thought the scenes with the boys make believing were the best, especially when they cut back and forth.

No,I rent movies at the video store.

I have a few of the "classic" movie I like,but I don't buy a ton of useless titles,even the titles in discount bins that costs only a bit more than renting it.

I also don't watch movie more than once,with a very few exceptions

when I threw out all my VHS tapes,i thought my shelf looked too empty,so I got a few DVD's.The usual suspects,Star Wars OT,Indiana Jones Trilogy,some Star Trek movies,Alien,Jurassic Park,Jaws,CE3K,Poltergeist..the usual classics we talk about here ...but then I stopped,since I never really watch them anymore,and If i did want to see them,I could rent them.

I rent 2-3 movies a week and go to the cinema once or twice a week too...that's enough

The Office Season 2.

I'm seeing all of them backwards. I got season 3 as a gift a while ago, and when I went to the store to get season 1, they only had season 2, so I got it.

• 2 weeks later...

The Office Season 1.

The Village (it was 4 bucks used, and with all the money I pay with all the late fees of renting it, I figured I'd just buy it)

I also got a season of the British Office, but the DVD was also used, and had a large scrape on the disc, and woudln't play.

I've heard good things about the first and always wanted to see it. The sequel had mostly negative reactions it seems.

The sequel did get some good reviews as well (referring to 28 Weeks Later). It's one of those "you love it or you hate it films".

I loved it, and think that 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are two of the most interesting non-Romero "zombie-like" movies ever made.

Well, Days turned out to be ok, but it didn't really grab me. Lots of nice ideas, well-made, good performances... but overall it didn't seem to work all that well as a movie.

Now I really should get Trainspotting on DVD someday...

That's because the pilot US episode was written by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, (The writers of the BBC version)

Excellent purchase, btw.

I'm glad you like it, I've heard nothing but good comments about it so far. :(

I'm not used to hearing British accents, so I actually couldn't understand a lot of the dialouge, and had to use subtitles. This isn't really a big problem, but it is sort of interesting.

Got Memoirs of an Invisible Man yesterday. Really loved it in the cinema when I was a kid, so I couldn't resist it when I saw it being sold for few €. ;) Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to obtain the sountrack (by the late Shirley Walker) ... ;)

Despite my Christmas budget I couldn't resist forking out for Battlestar Galactica: Razor today. I wanted to get the new Futurama movie too but had to draw the line somewhere.

I'm not used to hearing British accents, so I actually couldn't understand a lot of the dialouge, and had to use subtitles. This isn't really a big problem, but it is sort of interesting.

:rolleyes:

You should also check out Extras. I think the episode with Daniel Radcliffe ranks among the funniest things I've ever seen.

I bought Death Proof the other day and I'm hoping for my 5-disc Blade Runner to arrive today as well.

Ther should also be a 10-movie boxset on the way, including Brokeback Mountain, Manderlay, Der Untergang, Volver and a few other films. I'm hoping that'll arrive soon as well.

Well, ass.

Well, the dent's not huge, and at least I don't have buckled hinges.

But there's also a nasty scratch on the back corner, though. It looks like it even took a nick out of the can itself, and the sleeve is damaged as well. Not too surprising, since this heavy tin can was sent in a simple bubble wrap envelope. The corner was sticking through a small hole that had ripped in the packaging. It might sound larger than it is, but I'm a bit disappointed by this sour note. Hrumph.

- Marc, who hates going through a return process, especially on an eagerly anticipated product.