Recently purchased movies / tv series

Trent B

I don't know what Marvel has to do with it. I'm not even a Marvel fan but I also don't patronize them just because it's hip to do so. That makes me a Marvel fanatic?! Isn't that a bit simplistic thinking? Nah, Futureworld is like most Hollywood sequels ever made: Inferior to the first movie. It's the Jaws 2, the Beneath The Planet Of The Apes, The Exorcist: The Heretic of the franchise. I take it that you agree with Joey? I'm not surprised, Trekkies like to pat each other on the back.Have you seen it?

Are you so stupid that you didn't see I said Futureworld is inferior. Inferior doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable or watchable. Only a fool, like you, holds everthing to a level of perfection.

Season-4-Game-of-Thrones-Blu-ray_zps1vbv

This is how it looks like, guys. It's called a Blu-ray box set and it contains GOT S4 on disc in very high quality. It's not for free and you need to have a player. Shocked?

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

Edge of Tomorrow is the better of the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the Planet of the Apes 5 movie collection and Far and Away.

I'm so excited because I haven't seen Planet of the Apes since my childhood, when I had watched it multiple times, and I even had a party on my birthday or nameday, and we watched the film with my guests at 4th/5th grade! :P

I don't remember seeing another movie except one more, with an ape couple with their baby that they were hiding or something.

nameday?

A name day is a tradition in many countries in Europe and Latin America that consists of celebrating a day of the year that is associated with one's given name.

The custom originated with the Christian calendar of saints: believers named after a saint would celebrate that saint's feast day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_day

I'm named after Constantine the great (Saint Constantine), and i have my nameday on May 21st! :)

What do you do if you're not named after anyone famous?

Well, you may not have a nameday at all (especially people that have Ancient Greek names), or you may celebrate on All Saints' Day.

But now that I checked, even rare names have a nameday.

Eg. I just searched for Hercules and Jason, and they have a name day. There is a Saint Hercules and Saint Jason! (I didn't know it at all)

What do you do if you're not named after anyone famous?

Nothing.

But again, you don't do anything if you're named after someone famous, so there is that.

yes, this is right too.

Although you do get an extra present a year! (especially if you're a young child) :P

1) Did you buy Cowboys due to the Williams score? Had you seen it before your purchase?

2) I guess you don't have a problem with the DNRed and waxy Predator?

By the way, I'd like to buy Catch me if you can too, the reviews of the bluray are very favorable.

But I think I'll buy Munich first.

1) Yes, I purchased it because John Williams scored it and I eventually want to see every film he's ever scored. No, I have never seen it before. I probably won't like the movie.

2) It sucks, but what are you gonna do. I already own the pre-DNRed original Blu Ray; This was a way to get Predator 2 for cheap, and all the special features of all the movies.

I haven't seen Catch Me If You Can since its theatrical run. Looking forward to seeing it again!

1) Yes, I purchased it because John Williams scored it and I eventually want to see every film he's ever scored. No, I have never seen it before. I probably won't like the movie.

well, are you a fan of westerns?

I liked it but I'm not sure if I would buy it.

If a restored Bluray was released maybe I would.

(the current one is one of the first Blurays released in 2007, with lossy audio and DNR.

I have never seen a western before.

:blink:

But i remember you have seen Dances with wolves, right?

(although I think it doesn't count much as a classic western genre)

I've seen Dances with Wolves, Open Range, and probably some other "modern" films that some other people classify as westerns, but I've never seen a "classic" western before.

IE, I've never seen John Wayne in anything ever, never seen Magnificent Seven, never seen the Good Bad Ugly trilogy, etc etc.

Yea, I do.

According to Wikipedia, Back To The Future 3, City Slickers 1 & 2, Ride With The Devil, Shanghai Noon, Brokeback Mountain, Serenity, 3:10 To Yuma (2007), There Will Be Blood, No Country For Old Men, Cowboys & Aliens, Rango, and Django Unchained are westerns too. I've seen all those.

I wouldn't consider BTTF and City Slickers are proper westerns though.

Neither Brokeback Mountain!

Sure, it has a western setting, but in no way it's a western!

Yea, I do.

According to Wikipedia, Back To The Future 3, City Slickers 1 & 2, Ride With The Devil, Shanghai Noon, Brokeback Mountain, Serenity, 3:10 To Yuma (2007), There Will Be Blood, No Country For Old Men, Cowboys & Aliens, Rango, and Django Unchained are westerns too. I've seen all those.

You should also see Koray's favorite movie Once Upon A Time In The West.

And while you are at it, watch the spoof take on that movie too:

Be sure to let us know of your opinion.

I'm curious. ;)

Especially since you haven't watched any old classic western.

I wouldn't consider BTTF and City Slickers are proper westerns though.

Back to the Future 3 is a great western.

My favorite western is the Revisionist Western of the '70s, or Andrew Dominik's The Assassination Of Jesse James, which is rather recent and beautiful throwback to that genre.

Still need to see that long cut of Heaven's Gate though.

Alexandre