Trent B

Recently purchased movie(s)?

Recommended Posts

Nice, Breath, you'll enjoy it. My one and only minor gripe, is that neither version of 1941 has the original mono film mix, nor does it have a 5.1 iso score, as the R1 DVD has. That being said, it's cheap at twice the price. ALWAYS, especially, looks gorgeous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_20180118_170444.jpg

 

Alien: Quadrilogy seems like a perfect set with everything one could ever want. Both versions of all 4 films, extras for all and even the old LaserDisc extras? Damn.

T1 seems good, T2 seems awesome, Jaws has a perfect documentary, the Indiana Jones bonus disc was a little bit meh.

The biggest drawback is the censored Temple of Doom. It's not a big deal, but there's just absolutely no reason for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, what I've seen so far of these has really good picture quality, I won't invest into a bluray player for a few more years, I have more important things to waste my cash on. I watch these on my 15.6" laptop screen with an external DVD player that came with it anyway, and PowerDVD's upscaling is pretty good.

 

Also, Bluray cases and covers are usually ugly as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2018 at 11:15 AM, Holko said:

Yup, what I've seen so far of these has really good picture quality, I won't invest into a bluray player for a few more years, I have more important things to waste my cash on. I watch these on my 15.6" laptop screen with an external DVD player that came with it anyway, and PowerDVD's upscaling is pretty good.

 

Also, Bluray cases and covers are usually ugly as hell.

A few more years? Probably won’t be any physical format by then!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there will probably be a fair window where people won't be interested anymore, prices will fall because everyone will want to get rid of their stock, before they rise again when it becomes retro. I'll have plenty of time then to figure out which release fucked up all the colours just because and which hasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

 

81DSPJwKuJL._SY445_.jpg

 

:|

I'm surprised at you!

 

* * *

 

Ordered:

171231_large.jpg178027_large.jpg134164_large.jpg192766_large.jpg

1 hour ago, Holko said:

And there will probably be a fair window where people won't be interested anymore, prices will fall because everyone will want to get rid of their stock, before they rise again when it becomes retro. I'll have plenty of time then to figure out which release fucked up all the colours just because and which hasn't.

If you buy used DVDs (in excellent condition) i have a few John Williams scored films that I'll eventually sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Holko said:

And there will probably be a fair window where people won't be interested anymore, prices will fall because everyone will want to get rid of their stock, before they rise again when it becomes retro. I'll have plenty of time then to figure out which release fucked up all the colours just because and which hasn't.

Blu rays are $5. How much cheaper can they get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Blu rays are $5. How much cheaper can they get?

If you buy Mill Creek releases, yes.

if you buy Criterion, Arrow, Shout, Warner Archive, Twilight Time, Eureka etc., no they aren't!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Blu rays are $5. How much cheaper can they get?

 

Usual price around here is about €8, once they're discounted. I just ordered a bunch of Blu-rays for €5 from Amazon, but that was a special offer when you picked up ten from a rather small selection of titles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

Bought Images on Blu-ray, which is technically the only way to see it (currently), since not even Netflix has it on DVD. Hate when that happens. Hopefully it's good!

I wouldn't call it a safe blind-buy, but I hope you like it!

 

In the extras, there is

An appreciation by musician and author Stephen Thrower

 

Since he's a musician, let us know if he mentions Williams.

 

Also, prepare yourself for a very grainy film at times!

Not all people like this, but I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

Also, prepare yourself for a very grainy film at times!

Not all people like this, but I love it.

 

I have no problem with grain, as long as it's what the filmmakers wanted and inherent in the original photography.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now