Trent B

Recently purchased movie(s)?

Nice, Breath, you'll enjoy it. My one and only minor gripe, is that neither version of 1941 has the original mono film mix, nor does it have a 5.1 iso score, as the R1 DVD has. That being said, it's cheap at twice the price. ALWAYS, especially, looks gorgeous.

IMG_20180118_170444.jpg

Alien: Quadrilogy seems like a perfect set with everything one could ever want. Both versions of all 4 films, extras for all and even the old LaserDisc extras? Damn.

T1 seems good, T2 seems awesome, Jaws has a perfect documentary, the Indiana Jones bonus disc was a little bit meh.

The biggest drawback is the censored Temple of Doom. It's not a big deal, but there's just absolutely no reason for it!

Yup, what I've seen so far of these has really good picture quality, I won't invest into a bluray player for a few more years, I have more important things to waste my cash on. I watch these on my 15.6" laptop screen with an external DVD player that came with it anyway, and PowerDVD's upscaling is pretty good.

Also, Bluray cases and covers are usually ugly as hell.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:15 AM, Holko said:

Yup, what I've seen so far of these has really good picture quality, I won't invest into a bluray player for a few more years, I have more important things to waste my cash on. I watch these on my 15.6" laptop screen with an external DVD player that came with it anyway, and PowerDVD's upscaling is pretty good.

Also, Bluray cases and covers are usually ugly as hell.

A few more years? Probably won’t be any physical format by then!

And there will probably be a fair window where people won't be interested anymore, prices will fall because everyone will want to get rid of their stock, before they rise again when it becomes retro. I'll have plenty of time then to figure out which release fucked up all the colours just because and which hasn't.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

81DSPJwKuJL._SY445_.jpg

:|

I'm surprised at you!

Ordered:

171231_large.jpg178027_large.jpg134164_large.jpg192766_large.jpg

1 hour ago, Holko said:

And there will probably be a fair window where people won't be interested anymore, prices will fall because everyone will want to get rid of their stock, before they rise again when it becomes retro. I'll have plenty of time then to figure out which release fucked up all the colours just because and which hasn't.

If you buy used DVDs (in excellent condition) i have a few John Williams scored films that I'll eventually sell.

5 hours ago, Holko said:

Blu rays are $5. How much cheaper can they get?

3 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

If you buy Mill Creek releases, yes.

if you buy Criterion, Arrow, Shout, Warner Archive, Twilight Time, Eureka etc., no they aren't!

24 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Usual price around here is about €8, once they're discounted. I just ordered a bunch of Blu-rays for €5 from Amazon, but that was a special offer when you picked up ten from a rather small selection of titles.

4 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

Bought Images on Blu-ray, which is technically the only way to see it (currently), since not even Netflix has it on DVD. Hate when that happens. Hopefully it's good!

I wouldn't call it a safe blind-buy, but I hope you like it!

In the extras, there is

An appreciation by musician and author Stephen Thrower

Since he's a musician, let us know if he mentions Williams.

Also, prepare yourself for a very grainy film at times!

Not all people like this, but I love it.

1 hour ago, filmmusic said:

Also, prepare yourself for a very grainy film at times!

Not all people like this, but I love it.

I have no problem with grain, as long as it's what the filmmakers wanted and inherent in the original photography.