More music from the NBC "Mission" theme

pacey988

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy seems to have perfect recordings of Scherzo for Today and Fugue for the Changing Times (The Mission Part 2 and 3),only previously available as bootleg recordings in horrible sound quality with loud hiss .Now we get to listen to it in glorious Realaudio,in 21 kbps no less.

I emailed the guy,in hope of getting good MP3's of these.

*crosses fingers*

oh wait,is that guy you?

K.M.

:P This is great! Perhaps I should know this (as a 19-year old technologically familiar college student), but how does one convert these files to be added to itunes and later to my iPod?

:eek: This is great! Perhaps I should know this (as a 19-year old technologically familiar college student), but how does one convert these files to be added to itunes and later to my iPod?

I'd record them live in WAVE with a recording software (such as the one that comes with my Creative soundcard),then convert that to MP3.But the sound quality is so low bitrate i'm going to wait if I can get better MP3's out of this.

Unfortunately, that is not me, I don't know how he got those in perfect quality, believe it or not I have yet to listen to them, I am trying to get some of them in higher quality, he certainly has had better luck than I ever had in acquiring these themes.

:eek: This is great! Perhaps I should know this (as a 19-year old technologically familiar college student), but how does one convert these files to be added to itunes and later to my iPod?

I'd record them live in WAVE with a recording software (such as the one that comes with my Creative soundcard),then convert that to MP3.But the sound quality is so low bitrate i'm going to wait if I can get better MP3's out of this.

Strange...I checked and when I clicked on the Fugue For Changing Times and Scherzo it went back to the same low quality bootleg recorded versions. I certainly missed this, if anyone happened to save this to their computer I'd like to know.

So it means the mythical c.d. with Sherzo for Today exists.I hope he sends one of us something to share with everyone.

I have a better sounding, but still compressed version of the Meet The Press theme, the closing theme, plus a new bumper with the Mission call notes from the 2004 update. I'm working on sending it as a .zip file through PM. These themes are also available as ringtones here:

http://sf.goldpocketwireless.com/nbcstorefront2/

• 4 years later...

May be old news, but it looks like the Network News Music site is up, with relatively high-quality recordings of "Fugue for Changing Times" and "Scherzo for Today" (aka, The Mission Parts 2 and 3, respectively).

Network News Music

http://www.networkne...g/john-williams

Are these the same as those clips that were on the MUSIC FROM NBC NEWS 2CD compilation several years ago?

I'd like to have some good-sounding versions of those "secondary" themes too.

I wish I had a better sound card, so I could use Audacity to record these things directly from the stream.

In his office last week, the composer took a break from the sheets of paper splayed across his desk, the theme music to NBC's "Meet the Press." It's a Williams composition that he's been hired to freshen, along with the "Today" opener, which NBC says will debut Jan. 16.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203893404577098730827733806.html

May be old news, but it looks like the Network News Music site is up, with relatively high-quality recordings of "Fugue for Changing Times" and "Scherzo for Today" (aka, The Mission Parts 2 and 3, respectively).

Network News Music

http://www.networkne...g/john-williams

I stand corrected these are from the actual recording sessions in perfect quality.

I have something listed as the "alternate" NBC News theme; it's clearly Williams' theme, but a more edgy '80's like version (I mean orchestral, not synth).

Anybody want to hear that? And hopefulyl be able to identify it.

Here's the "alternate" version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txtcGSNIpJw

And that website, Network News Music -- does it have this version of the CBS news theme (or any variations or longer versions)? I forget who the three composers are for this piece:

So does anyone have a track listing for the NBC News Vol. 1 CD? (not the 2-CD Vol. 2)

Unless I was wrongly told, volume one was just the first CD of the two disc set. The guy who sent me many years ago the volume 2 version was someone who worked at an NBC affiliated, and explained to me that when NBC started shipping the 2-CD set, they were asked to discard the single disc version.