Williams...defaced!

Joe Brausam

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WONDERFUL!!! You know, I actually ENJOY this kind of thing. When a performance is soooo far away from the original, I can enjoy revelling in that and appreciate the novelty effort because it is so much fun to listen to. It is when an orchestra has the 'capacity' to do justice to a piece and screws it up in terms of tempo or missing out large sections, that gets on my nerves. Novelty local park band attempts like this are wonderful. I've had one in a park near my house for years. We're used to them blaring out atempts at the imperial march and such things. Adventures on earth on this was fantastically awful :) (who'd a thought that those last few moments of it would sound great with some kick ass congo drumming going on in the forest).

Its one of those stock arrangements that you can buy for your band...I hate them. When I end up in the position of directing a marching band in a few years I'm going to make sure to do all the arrangements myself...I think thats the only way I can really be satisfied with it.

lol...

that's really all I can say.

These kids must have just started ... only been playing for a few years... I'm glad that they're being introduced to such stuff but... damn...

And this audio firm that recorded them to bring the highest quality sounding recordings? lol...riiiiiight

and whoever arranged these needs to be shot.

I love Adventures on earth. That ee-ee-ee-ee horn part... sounds like something from psycho lol

:D

The bit from Hook sounds like something by Charles Ives. Is the audience reaction after each selection cheering or is it screams of terror?

Still, good on them for having a go. Better to murder JW than ignore him completely.

I'm not sure if I'm clicking the right link. The link in the first post of this thread brings me to a page where the music sounds nothing like John Williams. Are you sure it's the same notes? Completely unrecognisable. :lol:

It's not THAT bad.

Yeah obviously if you take it out of the context of say...a silly high school football game...it's not the LSO.

Yes, and the comment about the lack of strings demonstrates a lack of understanding. Marching bands are not symphony orchestras.

Also, the amateur performers are not terrible. The biggest problem seems to be a lack of tuning.

These people need to practice! Holy crap, how is this allowed to be played?!

I actually got a headache from all the screeching and wrong notes. I popped a couple aspirin and am listening to the real scores... I hope my headache goes away :(

:) "Welcome To Jurassic Park"

It's not like these are professional musicians. I feel sort of bad that these kids' unfortunate performance is being ridiculed like this. At least they're performing JW and not another Pirates show. Still, yes it was mostly awful.

It's not like these are professional musicians. I feel sort of bad that these kids' unfortunate performance is being ridiculed like this. At least they're performing JW and not another Pirates show. Still, yes it was mostly awful.

A marching band played Pirates of the Caribbean just before the concert in Úbeda.

The contrast with what came after was... considerable.

:mellow: I want to commit suicide right now...

Man, That music gives you chills down you spine...for the wrong reasons

The percussion is so...tribal

And those cheers...anyone thinks they are because the pain finished? :)

This made the Ubeda POTC a masterpiece...