Film Score Monthly announces the Blue Box - Superman.

TownerFan

I have zero interest in any SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE release. I'm pleased with my ol' Warner Bros. CD. But....it would be great if they released some of the sequel scores separately, especially IV.

12 hours ago, Bespin said:

Do you think someone will release a standalone expanded 2-CD of "Superman: The Movie" for it's 40th anniversary this year?

I find that Blue Box really too big for my needs... :(

I bought the Blue Box at half price on a special promotion FSM had two years ago. So $60 instead of $120. I don't know if they'd ever offer something similar but if you're interested in owning anything more than the expanded first score, it's definitely worth keeping you're eyes peeled over at FSM.

9 hours ago, Incanus said:

Since I bought the Blue Box last year, with my luck they are bound to release some kind of Superman 40th Anniversary Edition soon. Just to vex me personally.

That's funny, Inky, but what exactly is there left to release? Personally, I don't need a CD's worth of Georgio Moroder outtakes.

I really don't think that The Blue Box will be rereleased, any time soon, except as a remaster, but have mastering techniques improved that much, in ten years? No, your Box is safe...

1 minute ago, Jay said:

The FSM blue box is still in print, so I don't know if separate releases are possible until FSM's license expires.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/8874/

Does the FSM Label still exists?

Of course, they still have many titles still in print and they will remain in print for years to come.

But they decided to stop making new titles 5+ years ago now.  The Wild Bunch was their 250th and final release.

• 6 months later...

It's the end of an era

There are now less than 100 copies of the blue box and that's the end for this release.

Craig/SAE

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=124036&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=3&r=724#bottom

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, Thor said:

I have zero interest in any SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE release. I'm pleased with my ol' Warner Bros. CD. But....it would be great if they released some of the sequel scores separately, especially IV.

I'm curious, why do you regard that CD as the definitive presentation? After all, it doesn't really follow JW's original LP intentions. Shouldn't that be the presentation to look for, in your case?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Are your conscious that you bumped a conversation old of 7 months?

🙄

17 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm curious, why do you regard that CD as the definitive presentation? After all, it doesn't really follow JW's original LP intentions. Shouldn't that be the presentation to look for, in your case?

He'd have no clue!

That's not accurate at all.

I've wondered why people responded to a thread that was around a decade old, sure.  

I've never complained about someone posting in a thread where the most recent post before it was 7 months priot.  Why would I?  Why would anyone?  That's how forums work...

Plus this is obviously a release thread, every specialty label CD gets its own release.  Why would you create some new thread instead of bumping it to let people know that it's about to sell out?

Again, no clue in the world why Bespin and you are complaining here.  Nobody did anything wrong or unusual.

• 3 months later...

Just saw this posted on the FSM board, great price and I'm half tempted to get it just for display purposes but I've already purchased the LLL versions from last year.  🤪

http://www.screenarchives.com/display_results.cfm

January 24th - WINTER CD CLEARANCE SALE! PART ONE! 50% Off the following titles with the code WINTER5019
Sale begins Friday, January 25th and ends Monday, January 28th at Midnight Eastern. ALL TITLES ARE CONSIDERED LOW QUANTITY, FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. ONCE THEY ARE SOLD OUT THEY ARE GONE FOR GOOD! ONLY ONE DISCOUNT CODE PER ORDER.

SUPERMAN: THE MUSIC (1978-1988) 2ND EDITION (FEWER THAN 50 IN STOCK)

Craig from SAE posted an update that there's less than 50 copies left, not less than 75

My mistake about SUPERMAN in stock inventory of FEWER THAN 75, there are FEWER THAN 50. Craig/SAE

On 1/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, Jay said:

Wow!  People snatching it up!

Well 50% off is a great discount.

And looks like the Blue Box is selling out conveniently just before the  LLL version of the Superman the Movie is coming out. 

On 1/25/2019 at 8:18 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

Damn newly released source music! I have to go with the LLL version...

Maybe you were just being ironin, but... Hm, just wanted to say that the selling point for the new LLL release is an update in sound.

If you want the new source music it id exclusive to the newly released Superman II/III set.

Just now, crumbs said:

Won't this box be completely obsolete once LLL's Superman is out, both in terms of music included + audio quality?

Unless one wants Ron Jones Superman TV Music.. yes.

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Won't this box be completely obsolete once LLL's Superman is out, both in terms of music included + audio quality?

Which really annoys me since I bought the Blue Box just a little over year ago and mainly for Superman the Movie (and Superman IV).

14 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Which really annoys me since I bought the Blue Box just a little over year ago and mainly for Superman the Movie (and Superman IV).

I guess the box might have more extensive liner notes(?)

47 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Bwahahahaha! Hahahahahaha! HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHA!

On 1/28/2019 at 9:00 PM, crumbs said:

I for one love the box packaging, amazing hardcover liner notes booklet, and yes, the wonderful final disc of Ron Jones music for the animated series, which LLL has said they have no plans to reissue.

Yavar