Stefancos

What Are You Eating Tonight?

5089 posts in this topic

Take a bag of diced potatoes, a package of little bacon strips, 6 toes of garlic, chopped, but not to finely and some garlic butter.

Put them all in a bowl and mix then together, preferably using your hands.

Add a little olive oil and let the bowl sit for about 15 minutes.

Put a frying pan or wok on the fire, heat some oil or butter, and bake the concoction for a few minutes. When the potatoes are starting to get a brownish color, add a small tin of leaked out and rinsed beans, preferably Kidney beans.

Bake for another few minutes till it's nice and hot, and then scoop it on a plate and dig in!

Sounds good. We will be eating leftovers. Sounds drab, but it's leftovers from yesterday's home made Chicken Tikka Massala, so I won't be complaining! :baaa:

Wait, you make meals by combining different foods yourself? Then what do you use your microwave for?

Ray Barnsbury - who doesn't understand

Food is so much better when you make an effort. It only takes 15 minutes to put something nice on the table.

Fois gras

Beluga caviar

Quails eggs

Fillet steak a la Mother

Washed down with a bottle of Bollinger '69

Monday nights we usually eat light meals so it will probably be a sandwich or Ramen noodles.

Food is so much better when you make an effort. It only takes 15 minutes to put something nice on the table.

So it is. Yet, this evening i'm having cornflakes... too lazy.

My cook quit on me after I opened the oven door on her souffles last Saturday. Seems I have to cook for myself again.

Only the finest baby frogs, dew picked, lightly killed, and lovingly garnished with lark's vomit.

Only the finest baby frogs, dew picked, lightly killed, and lovingly garnished with lark's vomit.

Lark's vomit?! It doesn't say anything here about lark's vomit!

Where's Julia Child when you need her?

I had that, could have been better....

I just had rice with stirfried vegetables, shrimps and garlic.

Tonight I shall resume eating the dining common food here at college. [sarcasm] It's delicious! [/sarcasm] :)

Nothing, if you don' t use it for tasteless, pre-fab food every single day of the week.

Honey, I've shrunk the chicken

gourmet-9.jpg

Take a bag of diced potatoes, a package of little bacon strips, 6 toes of garlic, chopped, but not to finely and some garlic butter.

Put them all in a bowl and mix then together, preferably using your hands.

Add a little olive oil and let the bowl sit for about 15 minutes.

Put a frying pan or wok on the fire, heat some oil or butter, and bake the concoction for a few minutes. When the potatoes are starting to get a brownish color, add a small tin of leaked out and rinsed beans, preferably Kidney beans.

Bake for another few minutes till it's nice and hot, and then scoop it on a plate and dig in!

no wonder your so thin.

No wonder you're so f...

wait, that wouldn't be a nice thing to say.

I ate 2 buns with Kroket and 2 buns with Frikadel at work tonight.

Only someone from Holland and perhaps Belgium will have a clue as to what I'm on about....

I did some half-raw tuna with spicy salsa tonight. Dee-licious!

Got a sweet tooth tonight, so I'll go search my fridge frantically for some sweet cakes or anything similar ... :)

I ate 2 buns with Kroket and 2 buns with Frikadel at work tonight.

Only someone from Holland and perhaps Belgium will have a clue as to what I'm on about....

But It's 20:30 yet (and you ate at 19:45)!

You continental europeans eat too soon...

Friday will be spaghetti bolognaise day.

Put a large pot of water on the hob and turn the gas up to full. Add a couple of splashes of extra virgin olive oil and put the lid on. It will be boiling by the time you need it.

Finely chop 6 garlic kernels and two small onions.

Lightly pan fry them in extra virgin olive oil.

Add 2 pounds of lean minced beef and stir until browned.

Add a large tin of peeled plum tomatoes and chop them in the pan with your spatula.

Add a small tin of tomato paste. (If you're in England this will be a tube of tomato puree)

Stir the concoction.

Add a large glass of red wine. Gallo Merlot or Cabernet is good for cooking because it is tasty and cheap!

Here's the important part. Pour a glass of red wine for yourself. By the time you finish drinking it, dinner will be almost ready.

Stir the wine into the sauce. Add a generous sprinkling of nutmeg, and about 4 bay leaves.

By now your pot of water should be boiling so add your spaghetti. (The thick stuff. No angel hair for bolognaise!) Once the spaghetti is boiling in the water you have about 8 minutes to finish.

Wash and thinly slice about 5 white mushrooms. Add them to the bolognaise sauce and let it simmer.

If you have finished your glass of wine, what the hell are you waiting for? Pour yourself another!

Test the spaghetti regularly. Take a few strands out on a fork. If it sticks out from the fork it is still too hard. The spaghetti is ready when it looks floppy but still has a little bite to it. If you over boil it even by a minute you will have a stodgy mess, and might as well open a tin of alphabetti spaghetti because that's what it'll taste like.

When the spaghetti is ready drain it into a sieve. Then pour it straight back into the hot pan.

Pour a little extra virgin olive oil directly onto the spaghetti and add a few twists of black pepper. Stir the spaghetti so that the pepper and oil gets evenly distributed This prevents the spaghetti from sticking together.

Give everyone a generous helping of spaghetti. Then a ladle-full of bolognaise sauce. Be sure to remove the bay leaves. They are impossible to swallow! You may end up having to give someone the Heimlich manouvre!

Last but not least, grate some fresh parmesan cheese onto everyone's portion. DO NOT use the fake parmesan powder. It smells like vomit, and tastes nothing like parmesan cheese!

You should have enough wine left for a glass and a half. Feel free to open another bottle.

Bon appetit.

But It's 20:30 yet (and you ate at 19:45)!

Today I ate at around 18:00 actually.

You continental europeans eat too soon...

To my knowledge Spain is also continental Europe.