Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Video Game Soundtrack Now Available

Henry B

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I had almost completed work on this when I stopped. All that was left to do was volume balancing. You know, I'll try to get to it in a few days... for the moment I'm away from my main computer on which the music is stored. It did come out really well, though. Through combining rips of the PC version and the PSP version I was able to get almost every piece of music from the game in decent sound, all seamlessly edited. There are plenty of synth pieces, stingers etc. tagged on to the end.

Half-Blood Prince is a great followup soundtrack, but I haven't done any work on it. The reason for this is that only the PC version has been ripped, not the PSP version, which is sealed with utterly incomprehensible encryption last time I checked. I also lost some tracks from my iTunes copy when a hard drive crashed. The thing is, though, there's a lossless version out there - it was offered for a short time by a now defunct online music store - and the only record of its existence seems to lie with this guy. I'm finding it difficult to want to pony up the cash to "trade" with him.

Take your time sir! No rush. Because of its musical connection to the Williams' scores, I prefer James Hannigan's ORDER OF THE PHOENIX over Hooper's. If you hadn't heard, Hannigan is attached to the new DEATHLY HALLOWS I videogame. Hopefully he'll be allowed access to Hedwig's theme again

Take your time sir! No rush. Because of its musical connection to the Williams' scores, I prefer James Hannigan's ORDER OF THE PHOENIX over Hooper's. If you hadn't heard, Hannigan is attached to the new DEATHLY HALLOWS I videogame. Hopefully he'll be allowed access to Hedwig's theme again

And they will cut it again for the official release :unsure:

One of the reasons I haven't tried to edit Half-Blood Prince is that the main titles and end titles, with Hedwig's theme, can only be heard in cutscenes under sound effects. Why bother when you're going to miss out on stuff that important? There are also tantalizing hints of review copy promos out there without the edits, but it's anyone's guess as to how they can be found.

I've actually grown far more accustomed to James Hannigan's OOTP score rather than Hooper's film score. When I think of the story, I much prefer the game score.

That's too bad. Although Hannigan's HBP is pretty good, it's not as good as OotP, which is helped by the presence of Williams' themes.

HBP is using Williams' themes as well, in case you don't know.

Yea I thought they both used Williams' themes, but the official OSTs had the Williams themes spliced out, and the point of Henry's work and this thread was that he was compiling a version that restore the Williams material.

As well as some other things that were left off the OSTs and some "dry" versions of cues without obnoxious cymbal roll overlays (perhaps used for smoothing edits).

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if a version of James Hannigan's "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" with John Williams' themes included is available somewhere yet?

Also, is there any word on whether any music of the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" game will be available in any way?

For anyone interested, I did find the main theme of James Hannigan's Harry Potter 7 music:

http://harrypotter.ea.com/NA/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Harry-Potter-and-the-Deathly-Hallows-Part-1-Game-Theme-Extended.mp3

Not bad, not bad at all. :cool:

Edit: Uh? What just happened? I just tried to post the link. :lol:

Edit: Uh? What just happened? I just tried to post the link. :lol:

:cool:

I just discovered that feature myself the other day.

If you post a direct link to a media file (e.g. an mp3, or YouTube link) the board will automatically embed it in the post with a player.

Pretty cool, I think.

• 1 year later...

It seems that extended edits are available for James Hannigan's Order of the Phoenix, Deathly Hallows - Part 1 and Deathly Hallows - Part 2, all including Hedwig's Theme.

However, I can find no such edition for Half-Blood Prince. Does anyone know if it exists?

However, I can find no such edition for Half-Blood Prince. Does anyone know if it exists?

Slytherin Combat:

http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/temp/SlytherinCombat.mp3

Get to Potions:

http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/temp/GetToPotions.mp3

But the whole thing is far from being finished...

Indeed I do use Firefox these days and even already have that plugin installed. Before, when I tried to use that though, I just got "access denied" error messages.

Strangely enough, it seems to work now, so no complaints there. Thanks a lot! :D