Bryan Tyler Rambo Suite Clip Online.

Ollie

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I expect most of the good music to be his take on Goldsmith's themes.

The rest over the top bombast that Tyler seems to specialize in.

Yes I expect most of the good music to be his take on Goldsmith's themes.

The rest over the top bombast that Tyler seems to specialize in.

Isn't the bombast from Goldsmith's original cue?

No. The thing with Goldsmith/Williams bombast is that it's not about getting a 120 piece orchestra to all play as loud as possible in unison, but rather to utilize the full strength of different instruments combos to get that effect.

Interesting that it just says "Rambo Suite - Bryan Tyler" on the clip. All I hear is Goldsmith in that clip.

then you must have only listened to the first ~4 of 6 minutes.

Interesting that it just says "Rambo Suite - Bryan Tyler" on the clip. All I hear is Goldsmith in that clip.

then you must have only listened to the first ~4 of 6 minutes.

Which is Goldsmith's exact concert version. Now that I heard the rest, why would anyone want this?

not true at all. around 3:00-3:30 he restates the first blood theme with some tyler-like orchestrations and rhythms underneath the theme. then it sounds like something out of timeline/children of dune/partition----which is fine with me.

I have this one pre-ordered and can't wait to hear the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Will this get people to admit he is not the second coming of Goldsmith already? The music is once again rock and roll based music for percussion and accompanied by orchestra.

I agree. This is really un-inspired. When will people realize that un-involved drum loops with non-desript orchestral textures do not make for good underscore.

As for the second coming of Goldsmith, JN Howard is closer to that title than anyone I can think of mostly because he has his own style.

NP- I AM LEGEND (JN Howard)

I didn't like this one, either. :( Shame, because I do like his verison of the Rambo themes. He doesn't use them in any inspiring way, or even take it in another direction.

Well I saw the movie tonight. I thought it was a good way to end the series. It is a violent movie, more so than all the others combined. The score was typical. The best moments were the restatements of Goldsmith's original theme. The final kill in the movie stands out in my mind. The score might be worth picking up for those moments. The movie is a worthy entire for the saga. Check it out.

This movie was great! True to Rambo form, but so much better than the others. It really was effective in building tons of tension, pushing you to the edge of rage right along with Rambo, and then the sweet catharsis of his rage. The music was effective too, I thought. Of course it could have used a little more Goldsmith, but...

just pointing out a fact,

Joe, far more interested in the Brian Tyler score than the actual film