Most Re-Listenable Track

Taikomochi

Do you, the reader, have a track that you can constantly go back and listen too without it getting boring?

Mine : Becoming A geisha - Memoirs of a Geisha and The Kraken - Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some off the top of my head for Williams:

Jazz Autographs (The Terminal)

Confluence (Memoirs of a Geisha)

The Blue Fairy (AI)

Everybody Runs (Minority Report)

almost all of Angela's Ashes

Main theme from Star Wars

Gillian At Play (the Fury)

other composers:

New Friend (Papillon)

The Hospital (Papillon)

Holding On (First Blood)

Opening Credits (Signs)

The Hand of Fate Pt 2 (Signs)

Beautiful (King Kong- 2005)

Reno Ho (Cobb)

Homecoming (Cobb)

Adagio (Alien3)

The Pier (Falling Down)

oh there's so many....

Jazz Autographs (The Terminal)

The Blue Fairy (AI)

Opening Credits (Signs)

Beautiful (King Kong- 2005)

Adagio (Alien3)

I agree with all of those. Speaking of Alien3, I should've added The Entrapment

Off the top of my head, tracks I can listen to over and over again:

Hand of Fate Part 1 & 2 (Signs)

The Escape & Papa (Little Princess)

Kissing in the Rain (Great Expectations)

Nazis Pay Too Well (Inside Man)

The Horsemen Arrive (Wind and The Lion)

Nicaragua (Under Fire)

Sirens (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas)

Flying (Peter Pan)

Evey Reborn (V for Vendetta)

Church of Glass (Oscar & Lucinda)

Baseball (In the Bedroom)

Icarus (The Aviator)

H-1 Racer Plane (The Aviator)

Stanley & Iris (Stanley & Iris)

Blood Moon (Images)

Most of Jane Eyre

Fighting the Guards & Escape from Nabo (Phantom Menace)

The Tide Turns/The Death of Darth Maul (Phantom Menace)

The Miami Convention, 1968 (Nixon)

Epilogue (The Fury)

Angela's Prayer (Angela's Ashes)

Back to America (Angela's Ashes)

Quidditch, Third Year (PoA)

Setting the Trap (Home Alone)

Born on the Fourth of July (Born on the Fourth of July)

The Big Rescue (Superman)

The Trip to Earth (Superman)

Growing Up (Superman)

(EDIT: Dave reminded me about Goldenthal....)

A great deal of (Michael Collins)

Reno Ho (Doesn't matter which part) (Cobb)

Race to Old New York (Final Fantasy)

I can't listen to the main titles of Star Wars anymore, it's just been overplayed for me

edit: I should say it's hard for me

Interesting. I'll add that that track is especially rewarding, due to Blanchard's re-arrangment for a jazz ensamble, on his album A Tale of God's Will. Two different, great takes on a fantastic idea.

I can't listen to the main titles of Star Wars anymore, it's just been overplayed for me

Good, I thought I was the only one.

I went through a period of being sick of it. Than I found something to refocus my love for the track (specifically, when the theme kicks in near the end, with the great percussion backing).

I went through a period of being sick of it. Than I found something to refocus my love for the track (specifically, when the theme kicks in near the end, with the great percussion backing).

Exactly! I seem to continuoulsy do that with MoaG

I forgot Sonic Greeting from Superman. Holy gawd is this a well written cue. there's some insane stuff going on in the cello section that Williams wrote- love the harmonic variation on the Superman opening motive. Totally wicked cue that I could set on repeat and listen over and over. And I have!

I gonna go with what my iTunes tells me. A lot of my most listened to songs are well, songs. For score, the most listened to is the Main Titles from Grindhouse: Planet Terror.

Then it goes:

Blood Trail (End Credits) - No Country For Old Men

This Is Halloween - The Nightmare Before Christmas

Main Theme - Black

Party - Requiem For A Dream

Il Triello (The Trio) (Main Theme) - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Max Steals Briefcase - Collateral

etc. etc. etc.

Actually there was no release of this, probably because there were only 5 minutes of music composed for the movie, 4 which are heard in the End Credits.

Carter Burwell posted it on his website, and I got it from there. Made some nice home-made cover art and found myself listening to it 10-15 times a day :P

The score itself is amazing, despite it's length, even Oscar-worthy if you ask me.

Actually there was no release of this, probably because there were only 5 minutes of music composed for the movie, 4 which are heard in the End Credits.

Carter Burwell posted it on his website, and I got it from there. Made some nice home-made cover art and found myself listening to it 10-15 times a day :P

The score itself is amazing, despite it's length, even Oscar-worthy if you ask me.

Is it *free*?

Yep! You can find it here. Scroll down until you see the little box where you can listen to the mp3's. I just used a nice little device called Download Helper to get the track into my iTunes.

Did the same for Before The Devil Knows You're Dead, another short yet great score by Burwell.

Just found out he did the music for In Bruges, which I plan on seeing tomorrow, my hopes go higher!

Do you, the reader, have a track that you can constantly go back and listen too without it getting boring?

I'm a little baffled as to how you can regard going back to a track you really enjoy as then becoming "boring".

It's like people who go on and on and on about Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" whenever his name is mentioned when the guy made at least Twenty fantastic tunes.

It's what I refer to as the "typical generic response".

My favourite from him being "Fire" What a great bassline! Love the drumming it that one too.

Getting back to the question in hand, It's just too absurd a question for me to warrant an answer, no offense meant Taikomochi. I have thousands upon thousands of scores.

It's like asking me "How long is a piece of string?".

Can you find the full version? I only got a two and a half minute recording that fades out.

Check your PM.

It's like people who go on and on and on about Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" whenever his name is mentioned when the guy made at least Twenty fantastic tunes.

Personally my favorite is Voodoo Child.

Personally my favorite is Voodoo Child.

Cocaine!

"Chasing The Surfer" and "Pursuing Doom" from Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer.

Really? I have the first score, and I rarely listen to it apart from the occasional playing of the Main Titles. Is the second one bettter?

"Chasing The Surfer" and "Pursuing Doom" from Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer.

Really? I have the first score, and I rarely listen to it apart from the occasional playing of the Main Titles. Is the second one bettter?

Most everything is better than the first fantastic four.

Yes the second score is actually a lot better than the first one.

You've probably heard it a lot more than me, but I actually love this every time I hear it. For me, the first fanfare is the best part; just thinking of how it's one of the most recognizable pieces of music ever gives me chills. The triplets (or quick 16ths?) from the trombones and trumpets get me every time.

Anyways, around the time of its release, I found "The Battle" from Narnia to be quite an addicting MV-flavored treat.

~Sturgis

I must add "The Conspirators" from JFK to my list. I just got the CD today and it really stuck out to me.

I must be the only one here who doesn't see anything in that cue.

I cannot get the theme from The Water Horse out of my head. Other than that, Maestro, Dream Kitchen and Three Musketeers from The Holiday have been playing over and over again.

For some reason, I've listened to The Arena from Episode II over and over several times. It's soooo Heavy!!

great track that, was such ashame only a little of it was used in the actual arena scene in the movie, i can imagine John Williams was a bit pissed off when he saw the final cut!

For some reason, I've listened to The Arena from Episode II over and over several times. It's soooo Heavy!!

great track that, was such ashame only a little of it was used in the actual arena scene in the movie, i can imagine John Williams was a bit pissed off when he saw the final cut!

doubtful, more likely John never saw the "final cut"(has anyone, I hear George is cutting them again for his new DVD set), and didn't give a crap about the film or the music.

I don't remember getting bored of anything I like , but the track I find my self listening very often is Adventures On Earth

Other than that

Vader's theme

And Into the Asteroid Field