Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Joe Brausam

As one of the crazies who really quite liked the movie, I'm definitely on board for the series.

Hopefully, it will be devoid of Ziro-the-Hutt-sized blunders.

Actually, that was quite entertaining too. I found Asajj Ventress to be a worse element of the film. Trying and failing to make a character that fits in to the Star Wars universe is worse than creating a bold departure. Ziro is what he is, but Ventress tries to be cool and fails.

Hutts are hermafrodites. They have masculine or feminine personalities. But when they want to have a huttlet, they feminize. Ziro is not wrong aside from being in a children movie. And yes jabba must have gone 'her' in order to have Rotta.

As one of the crazies who really quite liked the movie, I'm definitely on board for the series.

I didn't think that that was the worst element of the film. In fact, that didn't bother me too much.

I didn't think that that was the worst element of the film. In fact, that didn't bother me too much.

No, it's too small an element for Ziro to be too bothersome. But at the same time . . . why go that route with the character? Why make him an Englith-thpeaking queen? It's not funny, it's not dramatically satisfying, and it's also offensive. There's no upside. Therefore, Ziro the Hutt can only gall, and I can only wonder why, why, why.

Trailer from the TV series.

Looks more promising that the hutttlet mission...

click

Let's see... Mon Calamari Jedi... Y-Wings... Hyperspace star stretch...

I actually think it looks pretty cool for a cartoon.

"Long is the war. Only by surviving it will you prevail."

Ya think? ROTFLMAO

"Long is the war. Only by surviving it will you prevail."

Ya think? ROTFLMAO

Since Attack of the Clones, Yoda has had the worst dialogue in Hollywood. It's amazing to see the contrast between Lawrence Kasdan's writing and what it is now.

"Roger roger roger roger roger roger!"

That just sums it all up...

Roger.

George Lucas gives his input on the trailer;

-Looks good,just add a battle droid at the end saying roger roger roger roger roger roger for the "Lucas raped my childhood" crowd

So, you like homosexual stereotypes?

so that's what he was supposed to be?

"Roger roger roger roger roger roger!"

That just sums it all up...

Roger.

George Lucas gives his input on the trailer;

-Looks good,just add a battle droid at the end saying roger roger roger roger roger roger for the "Lucas raped my childhood" crowd

Roger.

Was Truman Capote a homosexual stereotype? Do people think that gays wear feathers behind their ear and have tattoos, and like the blues? And have erotic dancer girls to entertain them? I don't understand. Are gays unfairly thought to be crimelords and doublecrossing their nephews? What stereotype was reinforced?

Trailer from the TV series.

Looks more promising that the hutttlet mission...

click

Let's see... Mon Calamari Jedi... Y-Wings... Hyperspace star stretch...

I actually think it looks pretty cool for a cartoon.

The mon calamari Jedi was cool.

Was Truman Capote a homosexual stereotype? Do people think that gays wear feathers behind their ear and have tattoos, and like the blues? And have erotic dancer girls to entertain them? I don't understand. Are gays unfairly thought to be crimelords and doublecrossing their nephews? What stereotype was reinforced?

The only stereotype that was reinforced was the stereotype that everything Star Wars sucks these days.

The only stereotype that was reinforced was the stereotype that everything Star Wars sucks these days.

Indeed.

Mainly the voice. As Bryant put it, he's a queen with a lisp for no reason whatsoever.

Havent seen the film yet, but they made this movie b/c the cartoon TV show The Clone Wars not sure what network it is on, but the movie is suppose to take place between Star Wars Episode II and III. The person who did the music for the movie I never heard of and rate the soundtrack a D-. What do you members rate the soundtrack? from A+ to F.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a preview special on Cartoon Network to hype the show's premier next Friday (the 3rd) - there was a short clip involving Yoda and a tank where there was a definite quote of the first four notes of Yoda's theme in Kiner's music.

Well, I thought I would go and see this film on the weekend. My partner works at the theatre so that allows me to get in for nothing. All I can say is that I want my money back and the 20 minutes I lost sitting through that crap.

When I saw the opening titles I thought "here comes the Star Wars fanfare". Boy wasn't I disappointed.

Rubbish. Utter rubbish.

I won't be seeing another animated SW film again. AND DEFINITELY WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY MORE SW MUSIC (except if it is John Williams).

Well, I thought I would go and see this film on the weekend. My partner works at the theatre so that allows me to get in for nothing. All I can say is that I want my money back and the 20 minutes I lost sitting through that crap.

When I saw the opening titles I thought "here comes the Star Wars fanfare". Boy wasn't I disappointed.

Rubbish. Utter rubbish.

I won't be seeing another animated SW film again. AND DEFINITELY WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY MORE SW MUSIC (except if it is John Williams).

You probably won't be tuning in for the series premiere this Friday, then, I'd guess...

Rubbish. Utter rubbish.

You probably won't be tuning in for the series premiere this Friday, then, I'd guess...

Damn straight...................................................but only because it will take months to come to Australia.

For better or worse, I watched the series premiere. The cartoon has some good elements, but the show is FAR too childish at points. I originally liked the battle droids' blatant idiocy, but they have gone too far. Not even the Super Battle Droids are immune: they have an annoyingly deep voice ( why can they not stay silent?), and they cannot aim, even at immobile targets. Musically, there is not much to talk about, except for some (surprisingly good) renditions of "Yoda's Theme" in the first episode (until it awkwardly segues into Kevin Kiner's lame rendition of the "End Credits"). I will give the show a few more weeks.

I won't argue that. I admit a lot of it is just plain stupid, but I just laugh at it with my buds.

Still, it has it's fun and cool bits. I'll still be watching.

I enjoyed both episodes -- the second one more so than the first one, but I liked Yoda's action scenes in the first episode. I've still got some issues with the decision to take Yoda in that direction as a character, but if that's the way he's got to be, then this episode was a good example of how to use him in that manner.

I don't mind the battle droids. They make me laugh. However, they'll get old at some point, even for me, because they're very limited in terms of what can be done with them.

Some of the kiddie humor of the battle droids was counterbalanced by occasional moments of surprising intensity, such as the moment in which the hunter droids cracked open an escape pod and cast the survivors to their death in open space. It wasn't dwelled on, and therefore not as grim as it might have been, but it was still a fairly brutal moment in what is essentially a show for children.

Happily, the episodes were (with the possible exception of the battle droids) relatively free of major blunders. I'd say that most of the people who tuned in were probably fairly pleased with what they saw.

I still despise that newsreel-style voiceover that's opening the episodes, though. I get it, but it kinda sucks.