Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Joe Brausam

thats fine, if he was a non force-sensitive beign.

But I still want a true explanation (and not some kind of made up explanation/after-thought) on how he avoided detection by the Jedi Masters he usually walked with.

They should have made him an untrained force-sensitive, and show the jedi saying him that how a great jedi diplomat he could have been if discovered as a child or something. Because since the jedi thought the sith were exticnt they would still not think the chancellor could be one. And because someone had HAD to notice since im sure he had many blood analysis in his life and nobody noticed his midi-chlorian count....

I dont know. Just something.

I cannot remember, but I think I remember hearing (or perhaps reading) the explanation in some Star Wars-related thing that Palpatine was so powerful that he could create a "void" for himself, so as to evade detection.

That must be possibly from the EU... i may have readi ti too, but i dont remember.

Anyway it is still what i described: some afterthought made after the movie...

• 6 months later...

Anyone else watching the second season? Damn good so far. Bane is squaring up to be a quality villain, and it's interesting to see a bad guy that doesn't really have a direct influence from anything previously seen in the movies etc (although he does have a bit of Boba Fett in him, kind of inevitable when he's a bounty hunter), and it's also good to see a bit more involvement from Sidious. But it's started out really strong, and surprisingly (I hate this word in this context) dark. It'll be interesting to see if they forgo the anthology approach they had for the first season and go for actual full arcs, especially with a villain at the centre of everything.

You'll probably need The Miles Sound Tools and The RAD Video Tools. That's how many of the music files to the two KOTOR games were encrypted after installing to the PC, instead of just throwing loose MP3 files into a directory.

You'll probably need The Miles Sound Tools and The RAD Video Tools. That's how many of the music files to the two KOTOR games were encrypted after installing to the PC, instead of just throwing loose MP3 files into a directory.

No there are not encripted music files, there is not even a 'music' folder or a 'music.xxx' archive.

But it seems there is not a single Williams note....

• 4 weeks later...

Is Kevin Kiner a Silvestry fan?

First the BTTF snippet in the movie, and now in episode 'landing at point rain' arround the 5 minute mark, after ki adi mundi's LAAT takes flight, i think i hear Beowulf.

Awesome episode, it looked very similar to AOTC :angry:

And, as AotC demonstrates quite well, film budget CGI is usually awful.

yeah, ok.

how predictable... :roll:

I'm not trying to be flippant, I mean it. These big budget action films look so glossy and fake. And it's not that I'm fundamentally opposed to CGI, I just don't think it's being used well.

And, as AotC demonstrates quite well, film budget CGI is usually awful.

yeah, ok.

how predictable... :roll:

I'm not trying to be flippant, I mean it. These big budget action films look so glossy and fake. And it's not that I'm fundamentally opposed to CGI, I just don't think it's being used well.

Especially in AOTC, which looked liked one long video game cut-scene once they got to Genonosis.

• 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what the prequels should have been. There's some really great adventure feel to these stories, and the feel really screams the OT to me more than anything in the PT. I still don't really like the music all that much, but the I'll take good stories and acting over good music and terrible acting anyday.

Well, Anakin is a lot closer to what I expected so I should probably say my previous statement was largely regarding the handling of him. Some of the characters work (Anakin, most of the "background" Jedi knights) and others don't (Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda) but IMO its an overall better experience, as it feels more like an old time adventure than the prequels, which felt like heavy-handed melodramas at times.

Looking forward to the Alien knockoff episode next week. They have a nice little ark going which probably would've made for a much better movie than what was released last year.

• 1 year later...

Why do I have this feeling ROTJ will have more Jedi ghosts appearing behind the already butchered adding of young Anakin?

I would be happy is neeson just spoke his intended lines in the yoda meditation scene in Polis Massa.

That's another problem with Lucas.

Scenes that really need to be in the films, he cuts. That was probably an important moment that should have made the final cut.

Liam Neeson will appear as Qui Gon Jinn in the Clone Wars cartoon, and we're hoping he might have the opportunity to do some things we'd hoped he would have done in ROTS.

in the novel (and script i think) when yoda is meditating on polis massa, we were supposed to hear qui-gon telling him the secret to immortality (aka force ghost)

But it is not Lucas fault. I think Neeson discarded working in star wars again

until now.

i think he didnt want to say his line in AOTC either. so he was tracked.

222 INT. POLIS MASSA-OBSERVATION DOME-NIGHT

On the isolated asteroid of Polis Massa, YODA meditates.

YODA: Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is ...

QUI -GON: (V.O.) Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your consciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.

YODA: Eternal consciousness.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman of the Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.

YODA: . . . to become one with the Force, and influence still have . . . A power greater than all, it is.

QUI-GON: (V.O.) You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.

YODA: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.

YODA thinks about this for a minute, then BAIL ORGANA enters the room and breaks his meditation.

BAIL ORGANA: Excuse me, Master Yoda. Obi-Wan Kenobi has made contact.

It's also annoying that Anakin being "knighted" happened off-screen in the cartoon and not in the movies

Same with the introduction and development of Grievious's character, all happened in between movies in the cartoon

Weird to think that there are more hours of story told in Clone Wars than in the 6 films. Or that the actor who played Obi-Wan Kenobi the most is not Alec Guiness or Ewan McGregor, but rather James Arnold Taylor.

I still haven't seen Season 2. We dropped our cable a while back and I haven't got around to picking up the Blu Ray yet.

It's good stuff, some great moments, including great homages to Seven Samurai and Godzilla.

I've only seen a couple of season 3 but that's kicking off now, especially with Savage Oppress (Darth Maul-a-like).

Ah! I had never read that before. Yup, that shoulda been in the movie

having neeson in the clone wars... i really hope they finished the scene (and cut it because neeson was not)...and now he will say the lines and will be in the blu ray...

• 7 years later...

Huh. There's always at least 20 or 30 comments of "#bringbackclonewars" or "#saveclonewars" on any single post on Star Wars social media accounts, so I guess the fans got what they wanted.

I won't begrudge people their likes and dislikes, but it's definitely a show I couldn't sit through.

For me, it was a show that started out reaaaal clunky but got increasingly better and better as it went on. While it was always uneven, it ended on a series-best arc (Ahsoka on the run from the Jedi order).  When it was cancelled, I felt it was a real loss.  The drips and drabs we got after that (the remaining completed episodes on Netflix, some early animatronics on the Blu-ray) didn't really satisfy me, especially hearing some of the ideas Dave Filoni had for the future of the show.

For me personally, The Clone Wars retconned the prequels to "worthy of existence."

I watched a handful of episodes with a friend and that was enough. Then I tried a little later to watch it from the beginning and maybe made it through the first two episodes.

For me, it had two things working against it. First, it was based on events and characters from the prequels, which I have no attachment to, even an inherent dislike for. They aren't Star Wars for me. Second, it was definitely a show for kids, and often pretty juvenile in tone.

3 minutes ago, mstrox said:

For me, it was a show that started out reaaaal clunky but got increasingly better and better as it went on. While it was always uneven, it ended on a series-best arc (Ahsoka on the run from the Jedi order).  When it was cancelled, I felt it was a real loss.  The drips and drabs we got after that (the remaining completed episodes on Netflix, some early animatronics on the Blu-ray) didn't really satisfy me, especially hearing some of the ideas Dave Filoni had for the future of the show.

For me personally, The Clone Wars retconned the prequels to "worthy of existence."

So after the show concluded, you felt like there was still more to tell? Did that Rebels show not feel like a satisfying continuation? 

Just now, Nick Parker said:

So after the show concluded, you felt like there was still more to tell? Did that Rebels show not feel like a satisfying continuation? 

The words “Rebels” and “Satisfying” don’t belong in the same paragraph. 

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I haven't actually watched this yet, because the new iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack...

Switch to Android!