CD Covers for GoodMusician's expansions

Miguel Andrade

Since I can't find an open thread about this particular one, and I would guess that would be a nice idea and a tribute to Bernie's ongoing work, I'll be collecting on this thread all the covers I made for him.

To start with, the last addition to the collection, Bernie's complete take on Return of the Jedi:

bernie_rotj_front.jpg

bernie_rotj_front_inside.jpg

bernie_rotj_back_inside.jpg

bernie_rotj_back.jpg

bernie_rotj_label1.jpg

bernie_rotj_label2.jpg

bernie_rotj_label3.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, wonderful job. If only they realized that this is what good artwork is, not just photoshopping a couple of heads on a black background.

Very nice Miguel. Very nice indeed. Again this is so much more stylish than any of the newer covers of the SE's.

First, thanks for all the nice coments ;)

Bellow you can find the covers for Bernie's Star Wars expansion. This is a temporary thing, as we're not sure if this is a three disc set or just two. I've created the covers thinking of the usual 3-CD set...

All the covers are ready, excecpt the back ones, which are missing the track list.

ep4-bernard-front.jpg

ep4-bernard-frontinside.jpg

ep4-bernard-backinsidetemp.jpg

ep4-bernard-backtemp.jpg

ep4-bernard-label1.jpg

ep4-bernard-label2.jpg

ep4-bernard-label3.jpg

Miguel - that artwork is simply stunning....will be making use of some of these although I don't have the CD's (though now seems like a good time to start them, eh? :) )

However - and trust a conductor to be a picky little bastard and I do apologise! - there is a spelling mistake on the ROTJ set - the Disc 3 listing - Track 16. Just wanted to point this out in case these were finshed versions....

Thanks for your hard work, and hope all is well with you!

Greg

Miguel - that artwork is simply stunning....will be making use of some of these although I don't have the CD's (though now seems like a good time to start them, eh? :) )

However - and trust a conductor to be a picky little bastard and I do apologise! - there is a spelling mistake on the ROTJ set - the Disc 3 listing - Track 16. Just wanted to point this out in case these were finshed versions....

Thanks for your hard work, and hope all is well with you!

Greg

Thank you so much, both for the kind words and for pointing out the spelling mistake. I'll correct it A.S.A.P.

By the way, with the exception of Star Wars, all covers I post here are final.

I'll post next the several variations for War of the Worlds (actually, the variations are only on the track list).

And I hope to very soon begin work on the covers for the Jurassic Park trilogy -- right now, I'm waiting for Bernie to send me the track list of those.

It does occur to me however that there is an awful lot of excellent quality artwork on this site somewhere by various users - and much of it very difficult to find unless you know exactly what you are looking for and who posted it - not very helpful if you joined the site after it was posted or have simply forgotten.....I wonder how difficult it would be to start collating it all into a seperate area of the site where it might be indexed and browsed....

:P good point!!

But there is also a lot of other stuff out there by Luke Skywalker (his Superman II/III covers are cracking) and various others......new section to the site please!! :)

Greg

Wow. Those are really nice. In fact, I don't normally listen to GM's sets broken up into individual cues and instead combine them into extended tracks like the SE. But I may break down and listen to it chopped up just for the sake of using these awesome covers. Thanks for the nice work.

p.s. not knocking GM's work on the complete sets.... just a strong personal preference thing. (btw- wondering if the other sets are going to be reuploaded soon so that I have some music to use these covers for?)

I just see no reason to omit music... if it's available... why not... it just becomes difficult at times if one has an ending but the other has no beginning... although I'm getting better.

Miguel will be posting more covers now that EPisode IV is done and Space Camp is almost finished...

keep an eye out for those

Miguel will be posting more covers now that EPisode IV is done and Space Camp is almost finished...

:blink:

Now that's one I would like to hear.......

I just see no reason to omit music... if it's available... why not... it just becomes difficult at times if one has an ending but the other has no beginning... although I'm getting better.

keep an eye out for those

Yes, but I'm still waiting for those track lists :blink:

Also, I'm working on a box for the two trilogies... box fever here ;)

On a related topic... i need conceptual artwork for the Prequels... namelly a concptual Darth Maul. If anyone can help with scans, I'll be most grateful.

• 3 weeks later...
:thumbup: good point!!

But there is also a lot of other stuff out there by Luke Skywalker (his Superman II/III covers are cracking) and various others......new section to the site please!! ;)

Greg

Where are his Superman covers? I would really like to put something different in iTunes besides the generic Blue Box cover.

:sigh: good point!!

But there is also a lot of other stuff out there by Luke Skywalker (his Superman II/III covers are cracking) and various others......new section to the site please!! ;)

Greg

Where are his Superman covers? I would really like to put something different in iTunes besides the generic Blue Box cover.

So, you're trying to steal my thread... Let me steal it for you then :lol:

Luke's Superman 2 covers

and Superman Returns ones.

:sigh: good point!!

But there is also a lot of other stuff out there by Luke Skywalker (his Superman II/III covers are cracking) and various others......new section to the site please!! :lol:

Greg

You just game me an idea.

Go look on the Superman II thread for new covers for itunes.

Covers for the Thornton Symphony broadcasts... Slimline cases, and i'm using the same template for all the discs, despite of the composeres involved.

Williams conducting the Thornton Symphony:

WILLIAMSTHORNTONBOOKLET.jpg

WILLIAMSTHORNTONBOOKLETINSIDE.jpg

WILLIAMSTHORNTONLABEL.jpg

Frank Ticheli birthday concert:

TICHELITHORNTONBOOKLET.jpg

TICHELITHORNTONBOOKLETINSIDE.jpg

TICHELITHORNTONLABEL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Last Sunday, a wonderful recital for clarinet and piani took place in Canberra, featuring Alan Vivian and acompanist Susanne Powell. Included in the program was Williams' The Tale of Viktor Navorsky, marvelously played by the two musicians. In the end, Mr. Vivian payed homage to the great and late Emely Bernstein, who so gorgeusly played the solos on the soundtrack recording, despite of her serious illness, and that sadly passed away shortly after.

The whole recital was wonderful, and I've created this cover to go with it...

abcslimlinebooklet.jpg

abclabel.jpg

Excuse me, but can anybody please tell me where can I find the complete Home Alone score? :) I didn't even know it existed until I saw the covers here ... :joke:

• 2 weeks later...

Covers for Episode II Attack of the Clones.

aotc_3cdset_front.jpg

aotc_3cdset_frontinside.jpg

aotc_3cdset_backinside.jpg

aotc_3cdset_back.jpg

aotc_labelCD1.jpg

aotc_labelCD2.jpg

aotc_labelCD3.jpg

Coming during the next few days: Star Wars; A.I. Artificial Intelligence; Episode I The Phantom Menace.

Also coming soon: Cinderella Liberty 3-CD set; Schindler's List recording sessions; Deutsche Radio Philharmonie: Filmmusiken von John Williams

I finally finished the covers for the expanded Artificial Intelligence. The covers for this set are meant to be printed in sketching paper.

The idea actually come from a CD I was offered by a dear friend of mine, and only later on, did I realize the connection with the film -- the imprinting codes for Dave came on sketching paper...

Nevertheless, the whole idea of the covers is one of transparency, and light, something that in my mind, relates to the feelings adressed in the movie, and eventually, also in the music.

Bellow are a few pictures of the printed covers and labels already in place:

AIpictures001.jpg

AIpictures002.jpg

AIpictures003.jpg

AIpictures004.jpg

AIpictures005.jpg

I take the chance to express my gratitude to my dear friends Peio and Romão, who in diferent moments of the creation of this covers, offered criticism and sugestions to them.

And bellow, the actual covers:

aicompletefront.jpg

aicompleteback.jpg

aicompletebooklet1_8.jpg

aicompletebooklet2_7.jpg

aicompletebooklet3_6.jpg

aicompletebooklet4_5.jpg

aicompletedisc1.jpg

aicompletedisc2.jpg

aicompletedisc3.jpg

There are CD and DVD labels you can get at stores like Wal-Mart or Best Buy. You generally have to have a program to print them up properly. These are just examples...

One from Memorex.

The label maker kit from Memorex

Then there's also cover inserts you can buy too. Others might recommend something different but this is just a suggestion.

The A.I. covers are great! Might I ask how you aplied the covers to the actual CDs. Adhesive paper of some sort or one of them laser thingamabobs.

Thank you.

I don't use pre-cut inserts. I print on my own paper and cut it -- hence the need for the guidelines.

As for the labels, I use printable CD-R/DVD-Rs, along with my Canon printer. Epson and HP also have printers who enable you to do that.

I've tried lightscribe, but don't like it that much.

I've also used adhesive labels in the past, but they end up ruining the disc, and I'm now copying a lot of those.

Miguel those A.I. covers look absolutely great! Wonderful design. Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...