Sandor

The Official Members List Thread (please add your profile)

15 hours ago, Luka said:

That's great though! It means John Williams gets to all types of ages ^^ I'm glad that some people of every generation still are interested in classical music.

I know in high school I was the only one who seemed to be interested in it... But they had no clue what they were missing. 

NAME: Randy

SEX: male

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: B.A. in Journalism/Advertising/Public Relations, University of Central Flordia

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom, Jurassic Park

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Rocketeer (James Horner), Danny Elfman, Alan Silvestri, The Incredibles

FAVORITE FILM(S): Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Indiana Jones trilogy

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Film music, playing the trumpet and French horn, Disney Parks

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: November 2017

Been in love with John Williams scores since I first saw Star Wars in 1977,

Okay I forgot to do this so here goes...

NAME: Katie

SEX: Female

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: PhD; researcher/university teacher

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars...do I have to pick one?!; Memoirs of a Geisha, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Poledouris' Conan, Ramin Djawadi's Game of Thrones, Howard Shore's LOTR, Bear McCreary's Battlestar Galactica, Clint Mansell's The Fountain, Hans Zimmer's Gladiator, James Newton Howard's The Village, ...too many to name though

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars (original AND prequels - fight me), Lord of the Rings trilogyConan the Barbarian, The Fountain, probably many more (but I'm more of a TV person)

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Darren Aronofsky

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music, literature (especially anything classical, medieval or Renaissance), fantasy and science fiction (especially Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Star Trek, BSG, Robert E Howard, Harry Potter), art, writing, cats

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: November 2017 (occasionally before that)

NAME: Paul Brennan

SEX: M

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): All his SW scores, Raiders, and Tintin

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Anything Michael Giacchino, The Rocketeer, Rogue One, The Old Republic, LotR, Batman '89, Gettysburg

FAVORITE FILM(S): All the SW movies, most of the Marvel movies

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Christopher Nolan, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): playing piano, finding new arrangements of SW pieces that I haven't found yet, composing, listening to soundtracks (obviously), US history (especially Civil War)

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Practically yesterday in terms of actual hours spent on this excellent website

Bloody gators.

Never did this.

NAME- Jeremiah "Jerry" Arthur Heber

LOVES- Star Wars

MISSES- Burley, my dog RIP

LIVES IN- Somehwere in Canada

I am mail.

Just now, Jerry said:

Just now, Jerry said:

I am mail.

I meant male. Did I get everything?

Some dude joined 4 hours ago using the name "JHfan". 

I've been using that name for over 10 years and the only reason I don't use it here - "JHFan" - is because back in 2009 I tried to register here and was disallowed, probably due to some petty crap about me being part of the old 'Hornershrine'. 

I must say, some random guy posting as my usual username here pisses me off. 

On 28-2-2018 at 1:13 AM, NL197 said:

I've been using that name for over 10 years and the only reason I don't use it here - "JHFan" - is because back in 2009 I tried to register here and was disallowed, probably due to some petty crap about me being part of the old 'Hornershrine'. 

Hi, again I have no idea what this is all about and I don’t know you. These are my own initials and I love Horner’s scores, so I figured why not. I’m not on any other message boards, haven’t been for years. Just here because I wanted to know more about the complete Titanic score and other unreleased music.

Not using ‘your’ username, it’s just a username that came to mind. I’d be happy to change it if it is such a big deal. 

On 2/27/2018 at 7:13 PM, NL197 said:

I wasn't a mod in 2009 so know nothing about any of that, but if there is no user using that screen name you would have been allowed to change your name to it any time  you wanted.

Now that there's someone else using the name, if he elects to change to something else, you can change yours to it.

NAME: Molly

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Piano performance (pursuing BM)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars (#1 RotS), Close Encounters, ET, Harry Potter (#1 PoA), Memoirs, Hook, AI....

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Deathly Hallows 2 and 1, Lord of the Rings (#1 RotK), Imitation Game, Interstellar

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Harry Potter 1-3, Lord of the Rings,

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Piano

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: about 2005

2 hours ago, Molly Weasley said:

NAME: Molly

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Piano performance (pursuing BM)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars (#1 RotS), Close Encounters, ET, Harry Potter (#1 PoA), Memoirs, Hook, AI....

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Deathly Hallows 2 and 1, Lord of the Rings (#1 RotK), Imitation Game, Interstellar

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Harry Potter 1-3, Lord of the Rings,

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Piano

Welcome Molly!

Enjoy the forum.  

On 3/6/2018 at 10:01 PM, Molly Weasley said:

Does that mean you've been visiting here since you were 7? Impressive.

12 hours ago, Molly Weasley said:

Lol I guess I was probably like 10. My whole family likes John Williams so I did get started early. 

Nice. I started and collecting and visiting these sites when I was 12. Still a lot younger than most. Let's just say, after a rough start at Filmtracks, that I'm glad I didn't start posting at any younger, lol.

NAME: Philip
SEX: male
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Choir director (Russian Orthodox church singing)/voice degree from San Francisco Conservatory.
FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars OT, esp. 1977; I guess Indy 1 & 3
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Scheherazade, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Golden Cockerel Suite, Schubert’s Unfinished, and The Lion in Winter, but mostly opera and other vocal music
FAVORITE FILM(S): Not a big film guy, to be honest. Star Wars (1977) and Sleeping Beauty (1959) are the biggest exceptions. TV faves would include Rome (2005) and Battlestar Galactica TOS (1978).
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): no idea
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Tolkien, King Arthur, AD&D, Star Trek TOS
VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Ides of March, 2018

Did anyone say there was anything wrong with Indy 2? :nono:

Well, there’s nothing wrong with it, I just don’t care for the movie, so I have much less exposure to it, so, I really can’t name it a favorite. Whereas the other two films I love, and their scores’ appeal is obvious.

NAME: Just call me Sharky
SEX: Male (preferred pronouns are he/his/baby/maestro/sir - fail to comply and I'll be in touch with HR)
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: High school dropout, stoner, autodidact, former personal trainer, in-between jobs
FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Images, Star Wars (Empire/Return/Revenge), Nixon, The Fury, CE3K, A.I., Heartwood, Treesong, Soundings, The River, Violin Concerto, Dracula, The Eiger Sanction, The Last Crusade, Jurassic Park, Minority Report, Catch Me if You Can, Memoirs of Geisha, Black Sunday
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Lion in Winter, Fantastic Voyage, The Thin Red Line, Spartacus, Alexander Nevsky, Ivan the Terrible, Obsession, The French Connection, Richard III, The Dresser, Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence, Gladiator, Thelma and Louise, Blade Runner, Planet of the Apes, The Hitcher, Angels in America... Someone stop me!
FAVORITE FILM(S): The Innocents, Jules et Jim, Chimes at Midnight, A.I, The Gospel According to St. Matthew
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Pasolini, Losey, Russell, Spielberg, Lean, Lang, Welles, Waters, Clayton, Truffaut 
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music, cinematography, synths, men's fashion, cock, strength training, books (Graham Greene, Thomas Pynchon, Anthony Burgess, James Joyce, Herman Melville), James Bond/Ian Fleming
VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: For too long