Sandor

The Official Members List Thread (please add your profile)

NAME: Matt K. Speckmann

SEX: M

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student (History)/Slacker

EDUCATION: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, FL), and University of Michigan-Flint

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Raiders of the Lost Ark, Superman (Rhino), too many to really list

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Apollo 13

FAVORITE FILM(S): Any Steven Spielberg film, Star Wars Saga, Back to the Future Trilogy...(again, too many to really list)

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg

FAVORITE BOOK(S): The Bible, The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection

FAVORITE TV SHOWS: The Practice, Alias, MacGyver, Knight Rider, GI Joe, Home Improvement, Friends, Sports Night, Boy Meets World, Mad About You, Cheers, The Cosby Show

FAVORITE SPORTS TEAMS (FAN): Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers (fair-weather fan)

FAVORITE SPORTS (PARTICIPATE): Hockey, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Hockey, Tennis, Golf, DVDs, computers

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 1999

NAME: John J.W.

LOCATION: North Carolina - No man's land for Sci-fi and soundtrack fans

SEX: male

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Graphic Designer

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Superman, The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars, Far and Away, Hook, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Young Sherlock Holmes (Broughon), Batman, The Nightmare Before Christmas (Elfman), Crimson Tide (Zimmer), Star Trek The Motion Picture (Goldsmith), Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Sneakers (Horner), Predator, Back to the Future (Silvestri), Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (Shore), North By Northwest (Herrman).

FAVORITE FILM(S): The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future, Always, Jaws, Spider-Man, Star Trek's 2 & 6, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, Terminator 2, North by Northwest, Dial M For Murder, Young Sherlock Holmes.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, Tony & Ridley Scott, Alfred Hitchcock, George Lucas, Tim Burton, Robert Zemekis, Sam Raimi.

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Movies, Film Scores, Animation (Cel and CGI).

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2000

NAME: John J.W.

It's cool to have the same initials as the master and even your first name is John.

The W. doesn't stand for Williams does it?

NAME: Jerome Leroy

SEX: Male

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Film Scoring Student at the Berklee College of Music

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S):

-NO PARTICULAR ORDER-

- ET

- Empire Strikes Back

- Hook

- Jurassic Park

(pretty common, huh ?)

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S):

-NO PARTICULAR ORDER-

Princess Mononoke (Joe Hisaishi)

Total Recall (Jerry Goldsmith)

Dinosaur (James Newton Howard)

Unbreakable (James Newton Howard)

Chicken Run (John Powell & Harry Gregson Williams)

Conan the Barbarian (Basil Poledouris)

Rush Hour 1 & 2 (Lalo Schiffrin)

Back to the Future (Alan Silvestri)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Alan Silvestri)

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S):

-NO PARTICULAR ORDER-

Steven Spielberg, before "Always"

Stanley Kubrick

Takeshi Kitano

Hayao Miyazaki

Orson Welles

Monthy Python

Brian de Palma

Martin Scorcese

Francis Ford Coppola

Terry Gilliam

SPECIAL INTEREST(S):

Hmmm... Film Music ?

WebDesign

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE:

Long ago but not as long as many people here. I'm visiting this board since the "worldzone" era.

I just forgot my nickname : Hellgi

And I forgot this soundtracks as one of my favorite non-Williams score :

- Batman Returns (Danny Elfman)

Hellgi

NAME:

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Empire Strikes back, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Hook, Jurrasic Park, Jaws, Harry Poter, Home alone, and everything else

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Rock (Hans Zimmer), The Godfather (Nino Rota), Titanic (James Horner), Men in Black (Danny Elfmen), Usual suspects (John Ottman), Gladiator (Hans Zimmer), Air Force One (Jerry Goldsmith), The Good The bad and The ugly (Ennio Moricone)

FAVORITE FILM(S): Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Usual Suspects, The Rock, The Godfather, Dogma, Jaws, Silence of the lambs, Gosford Park, Star Wars trilogy, Pulp fiction

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Movies, Film Scores, John Williams, Steven Spielberg

FAVORITE TV SHOW: Simpsons

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: yesterday

Oops i though this was the same thread back in the old site, and didn't posted before...well here it is:

NAME: Manuel Mendoza (Lucas Cieloandante :mrgreen: )

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: 1st Year of Veterinary Degree

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): All Star Wars, Jurassic Park and Indy.

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Shadows of the Empire, Jurassic Park III, Willow, Dragonheart.

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars Saga, Indiana Jones Saga, Jurassic Park Saga

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): George Lucas and Steven Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Star Wars Knowlegde, Dinosaurs, Animals and Nature (specially Birds of Prey)

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: I discovered it :) . February 2002

NAME: Tim Burden

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Cinema Management

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S):

Superman, Hook, Indy 3, Saving Private Ryan, Harry Potter, Empire Of The Sun, T.E.S.B. & E.T.

Young Sherlock Holmes, Once Upon A Time In America, Prince Valiant, To Kill A Mocking Bird, The Sea Hawk, Krull, Dances With Wolves, Back To The Future, Wyatt Earp, The Final Conflict (Omen 3) & Mahler's complete symphonies (particularly no's 2, 3 & 8)

FAVORITE FILM(S):

The Godfather (1 & 2), Empire Of The Sun, Apocalypse Now, Superman, Jaws, Goodfellas, Sleuth, JFK, Once Upon A Time In America, The Good The Bad & The Ugly, The Apartment, Fargo, The Hudsucker Proxy & ET

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S):

Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorcese, Oliver Stone, Ron Howard, Richard Donner, Sergio Leone & The Coen Brothers

SPECIAL INTEREST(S):

Art, Golf, Badminton, French Horn & Piano, Film & Film Music History, Leonard Bernstein & Gustav Mahler.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 1999 (cjb.net era)

Glad to see you like intergalactic redheads to, Luke.

Stefancos- who knows now he's not the only geek here.

:devil: hey and i do not have to disguise her as the emperor to make her darker, she was the Emperor's Hand once 8O

NAME: Gamecube Nintendo

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jaws, Home Alone, Hook, Raiders of the Lost Ark

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Batman, The Simpsons T.V. soundtrack, and Edward Scissorhands.

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Edward ScisorHands,

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Speilberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Video Games and Hockey (GO BLUES!!!!)

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: A few days ago

NAME: Doug Ramsey :)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Empire Strikes Back

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Thin Red Line - Hans Zimmer

FAVORITE FILM(S): The Silence of the Lambs, The Thin Red Line, Dances with Wolves, The Empire Strikes Back, Psycho

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Stanley Kubrick, Steven Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): MOVIES, reading, Star Wars, TV, writing, X-Men comics, tennis

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: May 2002 (just hours after I saw Attack of the Clones and heard the strangely familiar yet thoroughly disconcerting sound of The Phantom Menace soundtrack over the last half of the film. Thank you all for providing me with information, and more importantly, solidarity in outrage).

NAME: Santiago Trillo

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Consulting

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, Seven years in Tibet.

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Sea Hawk (any Korngold score), Psycho (most of Hermann's scores), Cutthroat Island.

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars saga, Rio Bravo, The Quiet Man.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, John Ford, Billy Wilder

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Classical Music, soundtracks, reading, cinema

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: May 2002

NAME: Pat Burke

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Software Application Developer

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars (I - VI) , Jaws 2, Hook

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Legend, Star Trek, Krull, Lord of the Rings (2001), Batman

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Alien, Star Trek, Batman

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Stephen Spielberg, Victor Salva, Tim Burton

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Film Scores (obviously), astronomy, football, Stephen King, Lord of the Rings, Egypt, Norway, keyboards, digital photography, filmmaking :baaa:

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 1999

NAME: Romão Santos

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Studying Oceanography

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Raiders of the Lost Ark, Empire Strikes Back, Schindler's List, Amistad, Attack of the Clones

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Batman, Atlantis: the Lost Empire, Cutthroat Island, The Lion King

FAVORITE FILM(S): The Star Wars saga, Lawrence of Arabia, Sleepy Hollow, Schindler's List, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Elephant Man

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton, David Lynch, David Lean

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): I love Batman, it's my all time favourite character (specially in some comics written by Frank Miller) tied with the God Emperor Leto II, from the Dune Chronicles, of which I'm also a huge fan (like Melange I think). I'm also a huge fan of the Monkey Island games (that's where my avatar comes from), Harry Potter books, Lego and Dire Straits.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: early 2000 I think, but rarely posted back then.

NAME: Thomas Koziol

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Saving Private Ryan, E.T., Hook, Amistad, Schindler's List, A.I., 1941, Star Wars Trilogy, Indy Trilogy, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, The Patriot, Images, Catch Me if You Can and more...

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): About Schmidt (Rolfe Kent), Chariots of Fire, Blade Runner (Vangelis), Braveheart, Star Trek II (James Horner), Bastard (Michal Lorenc), Portrait of a Lady (Wojciech Kilar), Fairy Tale (Zbigniew Preisner), Papillon, Patton, Total Recall (Jerry Goldsmith), Lone Wolf McQuade (Francesco De Masi), The Mission (Ennio Morricone), Edward Scissorhands (Danny Elfman), Back to the Future (Alan Silvestri)

FAVORITE FILM(S): Chariots of Fire, Blade Runner, White Squal, About Schmidt, Red Violin, Life is Beautiful, Good Morning Vietnam, Schindler's List, The Debt, Heavenly Grassland, Ghost Dog, Saving Private Ryan, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Man on the Moon, Cube, The Empire Strikes Back

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, Milos Forman, Ridley Scott, Jim Jarmusch

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): music :mrgreen: , books, films, science

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: not long time ago in a galaxy not far away...

NAME: Adam T.

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student - hope to be a professional Composer/Conductor some day.

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars (all), 1941, Superman, and basically all of his "cliche" music. He has the greatest horn melodies and features!! I CANNOT WAIT for his horn concerto to premiere!

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Does this mean movies? If so, then Lord of the Rings (Shore's Use of the Strings is indescribable! Their warm tone the strings present in the theme derived from the Hobbits is just spectacular (in both keys of C and Db) - Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves is right up there, too (for the horns!)

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, Spiderman, Monty Python & The Holy Grail, Amadeus, Humoresque, Counte of Monte Cristo, etc.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Hmm...I'm only into the movie industry for the music, so I don't know enough about directors to make an accurate statement, but I do like George Lucas, Steven Spielburg, Baz Luhrmann, and Peter Jackson.

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Aside from music? Non-existing. I occasionally hang out with friends and stuff, but they get tired of my "silly obsession". I guess my special interest in music would be Russian Romanticism and Nationalism. I love these probably more than all other genres of "classical" music. But, I am in love with all music, and consider myself somewhat knowledgeable in light of the fact that I am only seventeen years old! I am primarily a pianist, a french horn player, a cellist, though I toy and have played with all instruments of all families except for woodwinds (unless you include the recorder, but I am far from decent on a woodwind instrument). Well, enough about me, if you really want to learn about my music life, just check out my webpage! TTYL!

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Hmm..A few days? Since July 2002!

NAME: Thea

SEX: Female

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Final year Music student, also holds diplomas in piano and theory.

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, A New Hope especially. Shindler's List, and Harry Potter.

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Alien, The Fifth Element and Spiderman. The list continues...lol

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, etc

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Luc Besson.

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): I compose, play piano, teach all forms of music from jazz to serialism, arrange, lol, I want to live in the whole world of music! I also am a sometime athlete.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Lol, Now.

NAME: fivetones

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Musician/Bachelor's Degree in Music

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): 60's - Reivers, 70's - CE3K, 80's - E.T., 90's - Schindler's, 00's - A.I.

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): ST:TMP

FAVORITE FILM(S): CE3K

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Composing/Playing Music

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Spring 2002, registered in July 2002

Visiting This Site Since: Spring 2001

Favourite John Williams Non-Film Work: Treesong

Favourite Non-Film Composer: Steve Reich

NAME: Lorenz

SEX: MALE

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: uh... student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): nearly all

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Willow, The Rock, LOTR and many more

FAVORITE FILM(S): all action films with Bruce Willis, Matrix, Minority Report, Armageddon...

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg, Bruckheimer

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): collecting Soundtracks :sleepy:

since August 2001

NAME: Michael Hicks

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): E.T., Hook, Star Wars

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Lord Of The Rings, Batman

FAVORITE FILM(S): Raiders Of The Lost Ark, E.T., Jaws, etc.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, George Lucas

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Collecting DVDs, Spielberg films, Star Wars.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: March 2002

NAME: Josh Gould

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Going into third year of a BA in poli sci and an aspiring writer

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Hook, A.I.

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Legend, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Lord of the Rings (Shore), Willow

FAVORITE FILM(S): Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, The Manchurian Candidate, Lawrence of Arabia, Kiki's Delivery Service, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Fellowship of the Ring,

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Hayao Miyazaki, Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson, David Lean

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): movies, music (film, classical), politics, reading, anime, scifi, fantasy, DVDs, philosophy, politics, writing

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2 months ago ;)

NAME: Kenneth Eckersall

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Cabin Crew

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars Saga, Hook, Jurassic Park, Jaws

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Titanic (Horner) James Bond (Barry one's) Willow (Horner)

FAVORITE FILM(S): Jaws, Jurassic Park, Star wars Saga, Superman, Planes, Trains & Automobiles

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, John Hughes, Gerald Thomas

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music, Films, Flying

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Aug 2000

NAME: John Zambelis

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: medical physicist

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): All the Star Wars Scores, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Superman, Born on the fourth of july, The reivers, Hook, Schindler's List, Jaws 2, The fury, Witches of Eastwick, Empire of The sun, Home alone 2, Lost world,...

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Sea Hawk, Ben Hur, The adventures of Robin Hood, Henry V(Patrick Doyle), A little Princess (Patrick Doyle), the Bride of Frankenstein

FAVORITE FILM(S): Lawrence of Arabia, Everything By Steven Spielberg, Most of De palma and most films by John Ford

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, David Lean, Brian de Palma, John Ford, Howard Hawks,

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Physics, Books, Comics, Classical music.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: the beginning although i recently joined you. :music:

NAME: BARBEY-LALLIA Philippe

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Pianist / Conductor

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S) (no order):

- SUPERMAN

- ET

- TESB

- CE3K

- differents cues from James Bond Movies (both Barry & Arnold)

- Batman

- Ben Hur

FAVORITE FILM(S) (no order)

- The Usual Suspects

- The Silence of the Lambs

- Casablanca

- Les Temps modernes (Charlie Chaplin's film, don't know the title in english)

- The Empire Strikes Back

- Attack of the Clones (I'm just kidding, relax.... LOL )

- La Grande Vadrouille (with Louis de Funes)

- Le tombeau des Lucioles (Japanese cartoon movie)

many others I don't remember now..

SPECIAL INTEREST(S):

Music all kind (pop, classical, film, video game...)

Since STAR WARS EPISODE I: THE MUSIC (on its very beginning)

NAME: Damien Gallagher

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Computer Programming Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Superman: The Movie, The Empire Strikes Back, ET: The Extra Terrestrial, Hook

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Fellowship of the Ring, The Mists of Avalon, The Living Daylights, Edward Scissorhands

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars movies, Indiana Jones Trilogy, ET, Back to the Future Trilogy.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, Richard Donner, Tim Burton

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Soundtracks, Star Wars, movies, Anime, Fantasy Books

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: August 2002

----

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: not enough

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars, Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T., Superman, Hook

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek I, II, & VIII, Gettysburg, Willow, Braveheart, Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments

FAVORITE NON-SCORE ALBUMS: Led Zeppelin II, Who's Next, The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Duke

FAVORITE NON-WILLIAMS MUSICIANS: Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner; Led Zeppelin, Genesis, The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Peter Frampton, Billy Joel, AC/DC

FAVORITE FILM(S): Jaws, The Empire Strikes Back, Gettysburg, Star Trek II, Back to the Future Trilogy, Lawrence of Arabia, Braveheart, The Lord of the Rings, ET, Gladiator

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg

FAVORITE BOOKS: The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Jurassic Park, The Hunt For Red October, North and South Trilogy, The Killer Angels

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): fine dining, long walks on the beach, and watching the sun rise :) ...

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: early 2002

----

Guest macrea

NAME: Matthew Crea

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student/musician

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Superman, Close Encounters, Empire of the Sun, Star Wars, Home Alone, Harry Potter

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Day the Earth Stood Still, North by Northwest, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Spartacus, Ben-Hur

FAVORITE FILM(S): Ben-Hur, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Jaws, The Wild Bunch, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Amadeus, Star Wars

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): William Wyler, Stanley Kubrick, Steven Spielberg, David Lean, Robert Wise

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Literature, classical music, history, water sports, travel

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Winter 2000

NAME: Sandra Müller

SEX: Yes! :)

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: IT

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, Harry Potter

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Stargate

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Harry Potter, Armageddon

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Internet, Cinema, Musik, Friends

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Well, not long!