Sandor

The Official Members List Thread (please add your profile)

NAME:Cathy

SEX:female

PROFESSION/EDUCATION:College Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S):Far and Away, Superman, ET, The Empire of the Sun, Jurassic Park, AI, Hook, Star Wars, and much more

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S):Lord of the Rings, Shrek, Spirit, Crimson Tide, Gladiator, As Good As It Gets, Anastasia

FAVORITE FILM(S):Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, Spirit, Signs, AI, Minority Report, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, others with Harrison Ford in them :), and i'm sure there's more

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S):right now probably Steven Spielberg, but someday there'll be another...right Ted????

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music, writing, walking in the park, The Little Prince, music, music, and ummm...music!

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: October 2002

NAME: Zlatko (but as an aside, my mother also had designs on calling me 'Slobodan' and 'Nedjelko' which mean Freedom and Sunday, respectively).

SEX: Male (insert 'not getting any' joke here)

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Psychology student (am planning to do a PhD next year)/Call centre (part time)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Superman (and I shan't mention any others because that would degrade Superman's status).

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S):

Elfman's 'Edward Scissorhands'

Goblin's 'Suspiria'

Goldsmith's 'The Omen'

Glass's 'Koyaanisqatsi'

Steiner's 'Gone With the Wind'

Bernstein's 'The Ten Commandments'

Moroder's 'Neverending Story'

Delerue's 'Joe Versus the Volcano'

FAVORITE FILM(S): Gone With the Wind, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Exorcist, The Sound of Music, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Airplane!, Suspiria, The Ten Commandments, The War of the Roses, Superman.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Victor Fleming (Gone With the Wind, Wizard of Oz), Danny Devito (Matilda, The War of the Roses), Steven Spielberg (I would think most people know what he has directed).

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Collecting and appreciating film scores, writing (poetry and short stories and screenplays), thinking up new and nasty ways to pay out the nausea-inducing, bile-building insult to excrement that was 'Gladiator'.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Before I can remember (that is, a few months).

Username: Heir_of_Slytherin (who still cannot login)

Name: Patrick

Age: 13 (Could that make me one of the youngest visitors to the board?)

Favorite JW scores: Harry Potter PS, Harry Potter COS, Minority Report, AOTC

Favorite Non-Williams Scores/Soundtracks: Lord of The Rings: FOTR, Final Fantasy X Piano Collections

NAME: Charles Keledjian Mancini

SEX: male

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: IT Engineer

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, E.T., Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Lost World

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Omen Trilogy, Stargate

FAVORITE FILM(S): The Star Wars Saga, E.T., Indy Trilogy

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): John Williams, Music (classical, film music, jazz/blues, pop/rock, techno), playing music, composing, sci-fi, philosophy.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: May 2002

NAME: Florent (aka Homer)

SEX: Male

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student in communication

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Empire Strikes Back, E.T., Jaws, The Fury, Dracula, A.I., Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jane Eyre, Schindler's List, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, etc...

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Batman Returns, Conan the Barbarian, Legend, The Secret of NIMH, Black Beauty, The Final Conflict, etc...

FAVORITE FILM(S): Edward Scissorhands, Batman Returns, Dead Zone, The Thin Red Line, The Fly, The Empire Strikes Back, Beetlejuice, The Lord of the Rings : the Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers, Heavenly Creatures, Brain Dead, The Frighteners, The Abyss, Terminator, Total Recall, Starship Troopers, Robocop, When Harry Met Sally, Stand by Me, Groundhog Day, The Elephant Man, etc... :roll:

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Tim Burton, Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson, David Cronenberg, James Cameron, Paul Verhoeven, Coen Brothers, etc...

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): reading, internet, movie soundtracks, NBA, movies, friends, girls, have fun... :)

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: october

I only just remembered to do this!

NAME: Sarah

SEX: Female

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student at school

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): E.T, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Home Alone, Hook, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Jurassic Park, Attack Of The Clones

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Edward Scissorhands, LOTR

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the clones, Hook, Home Alone, Lord Of The Rings, Back To The Future & part II & III. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, e.t.c.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Peter Jackson,

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Reading, Writing, watching movies, listening to music, chatting to mates, hanging out with my mates, having a laugh.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: October 2002. (registered in December 2002)

~*~ Sarah ~*~

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student in communication

Heh. We study the same! Only I do it in Spain. How's it going for you?

-ROSS, hoping Homer didn't mean Telecommunication, in which case we don't study the same

Waz up every1

Name: Adam

Sex: Male

Proffesion: Ice Chalet employee

John Williams Music: Hook (my absolute favorite) Star Wars: Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Harry Potter, ET, Home alon, Indiana Jones

NonJohn: LOTR, Braveheart

:angry: I like this emoticon

NAME: Matthew Lawson

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student (High School)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars Scores (All Of Them),

Indiana Jones Scores(All of Them) Jurassic Park, E.T.,The Patriot,Saving Private Ryan

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Trek - The Motion Picture,Gladiator,Apollo 13.

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars trilogy (original),Star Wars Trilogy (New Generation),Star Trek Movies,Apollo 13,The Patriot,We Were Soilders.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg,George Lucas,Ron Howard,Ridley Scott

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music, movies, DVD, playing the Clarinet.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: June 2002

NAME: Conor Cook

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Sophomore in High School (10th grade, 2nd year of High School)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Catch Me If You Can; Jurassic Park; Saving Private Ryan; The Patriot; Far And Away; Schindler's List

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Goldsmith Star Trek scores,

The Shadow (Goldsmith); Apollo 13 (Horner); Evolution (Powell); Batman (Elfman); Gladiator (Zimmer); BTTF I, II, III (Silvestri); The Arnold James Bonds; LOTR(both) (Shore); Waking Ned Devine (Davey); Toy Story (R. Newman); Monsters, Inc. (R. Newman); Rudy (Goldsmith)

CHILDHOOD AFFECTING SCORE(S): Jurassic Park (Williams); Back To The Future trilogy (Silvestri); Apollo 13 (Horner); The Shadow (Goldsmith)

FAVORITE FILM(S): Jurassic Park; The Shadow; Star Trek Nemesis; Catch Me If You Can

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg; George Lucas

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music; politics; magic; science; math; books

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Monday, May 20, 2002

Name: Seth Neuffer

Sex: Male

I'm currently a music composition major at Utah State Universtiy in persuit of a career in film music. :ola:

Favorite John-Williams scores: Jurrassic Park, Schindler's List, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Empire of the Sun. :nopity:

Favorite Non-Williams scores: Edelman's "Dragon Heart", Elfman's "Edward Scissorhands", Horner's "Willow", Goldsmith's "First Knight" :sigh:

Favorite Movies: Muppet Treasure Island, LOTR series, and pretty much any Jackie Chan movie! :devil:

Best way to eat Spam: Fried in an omlete with lots of cheese. :wiggle:

Interests/Hobbies: composing music, play trumpet, webpage, Counter-Strike (acha!) :flamebob:

Visited the board since Dec. 2002 (almost everyday, I don't know how some of you have time to read and post so much... Stefancos... ;) )

If any of you care to listen to any of my music, just visit http://www.sethneuffer.com :wave:

NAME: MarkR

SEX: M

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Lecturer in health studies at local university

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars series, Indy series, Minority Report, AI, The Fury, Potter scores, Oh hell all of them!

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Elfman - Red Dragon, Spiderman, POTA. Goldenthal - Interview with a Vampire. Zimmer - Gladiator, Hannibal, Black Hawk Down

FAVORITE FILM(S): Anything with the names Spielberg and Williams on it! LOTR, TTT, Spiderman

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Mr Spielberg

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: December 2002

SEX: (Celibate-until-marriage)

:wow: Crikey. I bet you've got steam coming from your ears by now. :mrgreen:

Such a waste...

Certainly it will be a waste if he does'nt get married in the next 10 yeaars or so..hehe. I've got no problem with people choosing that path as along as they dont act superior (which is unfortunately quite common) to those who have an active sex life. A sex life is often seen by celibates as some kind of weakness, which is utterly absurd (imo). Hope this does'nt sound too political. 8O

I suppose it's about time I put my profile on here!

NAME: Shyam

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Recently finished University - Now in Pre-Profession Limbo.

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Hook, HOOK, HOOK! Ok, that's my favorite...here's some others: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, E.T., Schindler's List, CEOTTK, Empire Strikes Back

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Trek I: The Motion Picture, Edward Scissorhands, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Stargate, Batman, Signs

FAVORITE FILM(S): Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Schindler's List, Shawshank Redemption, Mulholland Drive, Signs, Raiders of the Lost Ark

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg, Shyamalan, Burton, Hitchcock

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Performing music (Piano, Clarinet, Trumpet, etc) , composing (on the side - "amateur", if you will), watching movies, Astronomy, reading, debating :)

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Summer of 2000

NAME: Lotman

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Indiana Jones and Star Wars Scores and Minority Report

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Nightmare Before Christmas, North by Northwest, The X-Files Movie, Mission Impossible, Vertigo, Tomorrow Never Dies and Psycho

FAVORITE FILM(S): Raiders of the Lost Ark and Minority Report

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Various

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Some two months.

NAME: Kenneth Sundberg

SEX is a most natural thing, best enjoyed in privacy.

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Managing Director of an "Imaginarium".

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Family Plot, Amazing Stories, Space Camp, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Superman - The Movie, Raiders of the Lost Ark, How To Steal A Million, The Reivers... (anything with sincere, warm heart and specific melodies in it).

Almost anything from BRUCE BROUGHTON, JOHN DEBNEY and ALAN SILVESTRI

... for example BABY'S DAY OUT, HOCUS POCUS, and FATHER OF THE BRIDE.

FAVORITE FILM(S): Anything with sincere, warm heart and yet mature philosophic messages in them and the balance to shock & soar

... for example MOULIN ROUGE, Twentieth Century Fox's animated ANASTASIA, witty shockers like FINAL DESTINATION, and Disney's original classic SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Anyone who dares to brake the rules in today's disastrous block-buster movie making

... for example Baz Luhrmann. (Unfortunately I've given up hope with Spielberg who has grown up TOO much).

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Theme Parks and their music - JOHN DEBNEY, STEVE BRAMSON and BRUCE BROUGHTON have composed some of the most greatest theme park music EVER.

I like to keep my eyes and mind open to all kinds of new things.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Very occasionally from September 2001.

:sigh: KEN

NAME: Christer Carlson

PROFESSION/EDUCATION:

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): E.T.

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Alexander Nevskij

FAVORITE FILM(S): 2001, Fucking Åmål...

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Kubrick, Bergman, Moodysson...

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: It opened

NAME: Brian Hodges

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: professional cellist

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars: Episode V: Empire Strikes Back, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, A.I., Harry Potter, Seven Years in Tibet, Minority Report

"Gattaca" by Michael Nyman, "End of the Affair" Nyman, "Snow Falling on Cedars" James Horner, "Rudy" Jerry Goldsmith

FAVORITE FILM(S):Star Wars: Episode V: Empire Strikes Back; Gattaca; Elizabeth; Raiders of the Lost Ark; Snow Falling on Cedars

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Andrew Niccol, Baz Luhrmann

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Star Wars, U2, Classical Music, Film Music, Michelangelo, Van Gogh, James Dean, Film, Literature

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: gosh...over a year? i just came back after realizing i had to redo my account for the board...

"Gattaca" by Michael Nyman, "End of the Affair" Nyman, "Snow Falling on Cedars" James Horner, "Rudy" Jerry Goldsmith

I hope you haven't got your copy of James Newton Howard's SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS from someone from Hornershrine! Natheless, I wouldn't wonder if their workfolks got down to relabeling other composers' great scores with James Horner's nameplates.

Yoda Longwondering whether some of the finest Williams' scores he's got weren't actually written by Mr. Eerie Shakuhachi.

NAME: Jose Manuel Izquierdo

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars -that boys, is a masterpiece-, Indiana Jones, Schindler´s List

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Mononoke Hime (Joe Hisaashi), The Rock, the Godfather, Barry Lindon

FAVORITE FILM(S): Schindler´s List, The Godfather, Barry Lindon

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg, Myasaki and Kubrick

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Beethoven, Wagner, Bruckner, Mahler, etc. Classical music and composing, polytics, history...

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: two or three days (but the website since a few years)

hahaha. no i didn't get SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS from hornershrine (never really heard of it, much less visited it). nope, you're all safe, this is the only film composer website i visit.

but i do love the Cedars soundtrack. i studied with the cellist who does all the solos. good stuff!

----

NAME: SIMON

SEX:MALE

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: BUILDER

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND. BORN ON THE 4TH OF JULY

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): LORD OF THE RINGS, BEN HUR

FAVORITE FILM(S):LORD OF THE RINGS, SHREK

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): SPIELBERG

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): FILM SCORES, ASTRONOMY,EBAY,SWIMMING

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 12/18MONTHS

but i do love the Cedars soundtrack. i studied with the cellist who does all the solos. good stuff!
You're playing the instrument that made me become classical music fanatic, next to French horn and brass instruments generally!!!!! Curious--it's a matter of personal taste of course, but Seven years in Tibet is not on your list; do you like it? I'm from the country Antonin Dvorak comes from; how do you value Dvorak's second Cello Concerto in B-minor? It's my absolute cello favorite piece of music, timelessly, next to Elgar's in E-minor. What would you recommend to me to else lookup for? In need of a solo cello pieces, something vibrant yet either tragic or romantic or simply beatiful.

Hi,

NAME: Jürgen

SEX: male

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S):

[*]Jaws 1

[*]Star Wars (especially Empire & Jedi)

[*]Jane Eyre

[*]A.I.

[*]Batman Returns - Danny Elfman

[*]Godzilla scores - Akira Ifukube & Masaru Satoh

[*]Under Fire - Jerry Goldsmith

[*]The Ninth Gate - W. Kilar

FAVORITE FILM(S):

[*]The Fugitive (Harrison Ford)

[*]Under Fire

[*]The Mission

[*]Star Wars 4-6

FAVORITE COMPOSER(S):

[*]John Williams

[*]Akira Ifukube

[*]Jerry Goldsmith

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: ???, but this year I want to start posting regulary :wow:

:)

Jürgen

Well, here is mine:

NAME: José Antonio Aguayo

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: University student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones (trilogy), Star Wars (the whole five), Schindler's list...

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Conan the Barbarian, Blade Runner, LOTR, Escaflowne

FAVORITE FILM(S): Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, The matrix, Hunt for red october...

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, Luc Besson, Tim Burton

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): From music to reading, going through drawing and photography and, of course, cinema and travelling.

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: About a week ago, but it's wonderful!! :thumbup: