Sandor

The Official Members List Thread (please add your profile)

NAME: Marcin Trzósło

SEX: Male

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Last Crusade

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Rogue One, Westworld, Witcher (games)

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Marvel films

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): I don't have 

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): watching good films, listening good music, reading good books and wasting time on Netflix :)

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: End of 2015

NAME: Matt Milne

SEX:M 

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Composer and Musician

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Harry Potter 1, Star Wars 1-6, Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park.

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Crimson Tide, Hunt for the Red October, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star trek II: the wrath of Khan, Titanic

FAVORITE FILM(S):Star trek II: the wrath of Khan, Crimson Tide, Hunt for the Red October, Star Trek:First Contact, Titanic.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S):Spielberg, Lucas, Verbinski, Cameron

SPECIAL INTEREST(S):Steam and Diesel trains, aircraft, 17th and 18th century history, ww2, civil engineering

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2005 (matmilne)

2 hours ago, Jay said:

So, you have two accounts?  @matmilne and this one?  That's not allowed!

you can delete the old account then, password reset wasn't being picked up at the original email.  

I just merged your two accounts together, and linked the account to the email address you used for this second account, so a password reset will now go to that email address :)

NAME: Ben Vaughn

SEX: male

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Graphic/Design Student, Owner/Operator of www.CustomDesignGuy.com

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, INDIANA JONES, JURASSIC PARK

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): STAR TREK

FAVORITE FILM(S): JURASSIC PARK, TITANIC, STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): IT, Graphic/Web Design, Virtual Communication Boards like this one...

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: NEWCOMER

On 7/19/2016 at 0:04 AM, Disco Stu said:

His [Woody Allen's] movies mostly turned to shit.  His last great movie in my opinion was Bullets Over Broadway from '94.  Not even taking his personal life into consideration there was a noticeable drop off in quality outside of a few exceptions (Sweet and LowdownDeconstructing Harry, and Match Point if I'm feeling generous).

Deconstructing Harry is my absolute favourite.

2 hours ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Deconstructing Harry is my absolute favourite.

Of allll Woody Allen movies? Wow!  I mean I thought it was fine, with some interesting parts, but mostly suffered from the stilted sounding dialogue problem that most of his movies have had over the past 20-25 years.

His run from 1983 - 1994 is (mostly) astounding.  Mighty Aphrodite is an atrocious embarrassment for all involved.

22 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I thought it was fine, with some interesting parts, but mostly suffered from the stilted sounding dialogue problem that most of his movies have had over the past 20-25 years.

I know what you mean about the dialogue in some of the recent films, but I never found that with Deconstructing Harry. Maybe because I find practically all of it so hilariously funny.

I saw Mighty Aphrodite in the cinema. It wasn't great, though I don't recall thinking that it was as bad as you did. Don't think I've seen it for nearly twenty years now...

1 minute ago, Glóin the Dark said:

I know what you mean about the dialogue in some of the recent films, but I never found that with Deconstructing Harry. Maybe because I find practically all of it so hilariously funny.

I saw Mighty Aphrodite in the cinema. It wasn't great, though I don't recall thinking that it was as bad as you did. Don't think I've seen it for nearly twenty years now...

Which is about how long it's been since I've seen Deconstructing Harry so I might think differently if I saw it again.  I tried re-watching Aphrodite last year though and it was just horrendous, nothing about it worked for me.  For someone who wrote female characters so brilliantly and interestingly in the 1970s and 80s, he really seemed to regress post-scandal.  Helena Bonham Carter's character especially is terrible.

Looking at his filmography, I'm realising that I haven't actually seen most of his films from this millennium - only Melinda and MelindaMatch PointVicky Cristina BarcelonaWhatever Works, Midnight in Paris and Blue Jasmine. Of those, the only one that I really love is Blue Jasmine. The only one that was a big disappointment was Match Point (probably because it was being hailed as a "return to form" and I was expecting more).

NAME: John

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars scores, Raiders of The Lost Ark, E.T., Jaws, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): LOTR and The Hobbit soundtracks, Interstellar, POTC, Star Trek

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars films, Jurassic Park, LOTR, Interstellar

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Hunting, landscaping, hanging out with friends, Star Wars, Middle-earth, listening to talk radio and film music, karate, watching movies, volunteer firefighting

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 3/2/17

Good morning!

NAME: Oskar

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student (Junior High School)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, Indiana Jones, E.T., Home Alone, Jurassic Park

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Lord of The Rings, Kung-Fu Panda 3, Madagascar 2, Gladiator, Pirates of The Carribean, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Rogue One - A Star Wars Story

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, George Lucas

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Film Music, John Williams, Star Wars, Marvel, Middle-Earth, Cycling, Composing, Arranging

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: December 2016

On 3/30/2017 at 2:34 PM, Glóin the Dark said:

Looking at his filmography, I'm realising that I haven't actually seen most of his films from this millennium - only Melinda and MelindaMatch PointVicky Cristina BarcelonaWhatever Works, Midnight in Paris and Blue Jasmine. Of those, the only one that I really love is Blue Jasmine. The only one that was a big disappointment was Match Point (probably because it was being hailed as a "return to form" and I was expecting more).

Match Point is his best film!

Certainly not better than the period I consider his best (The Purple Rose of CairoHannah and Her SistersAnother WomanRadio DaysCrimes and Misdemeanors).  Match Point couldn't even begin to approach the genius of those films.

NAME: Louis

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: high school student

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Harry Potter

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Middle Earth Saga, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nolan's Batman Trilogy, Game of Thrones, The Amazing Spider-Man (both), La La Land, Kick-Ass, Avengers, Spider-Man Trilogy, Avatar

FAVORITE FILM(S): (500) Days of Summer, Star Wars 3,5,7 , Indiana Jones 1,3, the MCU, Nolan's Batman Trilogy, Harry Potter 3, Spider-Man 1, Avatar 

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg, Chistopher Nolan, Zack Snyder

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Cinema, movie scores, Star Wars, Super-Heroes, Tolkien's univers of Middle Earth, fantasy, greek mytholgy, LEGO 

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: a few days, when I started to analyze the scores of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit

I have a bad english :( , so I will do my best for talk with you...;)

I am making a new analysis of the Howard Shore's musics for TLOTR and the Hobbit, with differents ways of Doug Adams'. His analysis is the best I find but think there are odd things in. Well I'll show you my project when I'll finish it.

Hi to everybody! It's a pleasure to be (finally!) here. I never got the confirmation in my Hotmail account. Then I tried with a different one and it worked! XD

NAME: Carlos

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Hook, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Star Wars, A.I., ...

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Hans Zimmer, David Arnold, Howard Shore, Jerry Goldsmith, Eric Serra, ...

FAVORITE FILM(S): Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Interstellar, Avatar, The Dark Knight, ...

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Steven Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: End of 2015

Hi everyone!

Finally decided to join this forum and I'm really excited to be a part of this community!

NAME: Axel Vilborg

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Cellist/classical musician and musicologist

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, The Last Crusade and many more

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Alien, Spider-man, LOTR, Back to the Future...

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Music, composing, music analysing, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, trooping(501st Legion), building with LEGO... 

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2015

NAME: Máté

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: studying Electrical Engineering at local university

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): E.T., Jaws, CE3K, HP, SW, Indiana Jones 

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Middle-Earth, Back to the Future Trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean, How to Train Your Dragon, Ori and the Blind Forest (game)

FAVORITE FILM(S): LotR Trilogy, Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, E.T., 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, the classic Universal horror films from the '30s, A Tanu (The Witness-1969 Hungarian satire), Ed Wood, Alien, STAR WARS ('77 unaltered), Terminator 2, Yellow Submarine, Blazing Saddles, The Life of Brian, M.P. and the Holy Grail, Ben-Hur (Basically, I'll watch literally anthing from any genre as long as it's good)

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Kubrick, Peter Jackson, Spielberg, Tarantino, Hitchcock

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Movies, Papercraft, editing complete scores from... certain resources from certain places, PC gaming, RetroPie, reading, creating extremely elaborate plans for 100% impossible situations in my head

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: a few months, became a bit more active in the last weeks, found this thread only now

NAME: zak

SEX: mâle

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: composer & guitarist

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): indiana jones

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Men in Black  elfman , vertigo Hermann

FAVORITE FILM(S): star wars 

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Luc besson george Lucas  Steven Spielberg  Peter Jackson 

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): guitar 

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: october 2017

5 minutes ago, ZAK said:

NAME: zak

SEX: mâle

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: composer & guitarist

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): indiana jones

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Men in Black  elfman , vertigo Hermann

FAVORITE FILM(S): star wars 

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Luc besson george Lucas  Steven Spielberg  Peter Jackson 

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): guitar 

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: october 2017

Bienvenue Zak! Viens me voir sur ma page FB "John Williams - Les bons moments"

NAME: Theo Galama

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Bachelor in communication / Videographer & photographer 

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Jaws 

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): The Omen (Jerry Goldsmith)

FAVORITE FILM(S): Schinler's List & Jaws 

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Stanley Kubrick & Steven Spielberg 

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Traveling & scuba diving

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Spring 2013

Never saw this thread, so I decided play along;

NAME: Matt
PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Student/freelance composer, founder of FilmScoreMedia
FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Everything Star Wars (first and foremost), Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Jaws, I could keep going...
FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): (replaced with composers:) James Newton Howard, Basil Poledouris, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Kazuma Jinnouchi, many more...
FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars (first and foremost again!), Harry Potter, Star Trek, millions more...
FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg, many other obscure directors that I can't think of off the top of my head...
SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Composing, editing, "tinkering", scripting, dabbling with animation as well, etc.
VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: I think 2008-ish.

NAME: Andrea

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Various / Piano

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Memoirs of a Geisha

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Vertigo, North By Northwest, Hero, Lullaby of the Earth (1976), Hymn / Sanka (1972), Johnny Guitar (1954), 3:10 to Yuma (1957).

FAVORITE FILM(S): Vertigo, North By Northwest, Memoirs of a Geisha, Rio Bravo, Lili (1952), Lullaby of the Earth (1976), Hymn / Sanka (1972), A Scoundrel (1965), Forbidden Planet (1956), Johnny Guitar (1954), 3:10 to Yuma (1957) and others.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Alfred Hitchcock, John Ford, Zhang Yimou, Kaneto Shindo

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Film Scores, classical music, vegetable gardens

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2010 more or less

NAME: Alex

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Beaux-arts, comic book colorist

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): All Star Wars, E.T., All Indiana Jones, Minority Report, Superman, Hook...

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Back to the future, Willow, The First Great Train Robbery, First Knight, Vertigo, Marnie, Aliens...

FAVORITE FILM(S): Pulp Fiction, 2001 and all Star Wars

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): James Cameron & Steven Spielberg 

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 3 years

NAME: Scott Panning

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Mental Health Therapist

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Saving Private Ryan

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Interstellar, TRON: Legacy, The Lion King, Kung Fu Panda, Star Trek (2009), Lord of the Rings trilogy, Hobbit trilogy.

FAVORITE FILM(S): The Lord of the Rings trilogy

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Not a huge fan of any, but Martin Scorsese is probably on top of the list

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Film scores, video game music

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: September 2017

NAME: Alex

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Film school graduate, somewhat strained aspirations to become an editor

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): AI, Far and Away, Temple Of Doom, Hook, Phantom Menace

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Lord of the Rings, The Omen, Alien, Edward Scissorhands, Cinderella to name a few

FAVORITE FILM(S): AI, Alien, Carol, Lord of the Rings, Silence of the Lambs, Under The Skin, again, to name a few

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Spielberg & David Lynch especially

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Illustration, reading, dreams, folklore, music

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 2011

NAME: neil

SEX: M

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: entrepreneur/computer science (music theory minor)

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): star wars, superman, indy, et...

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): batman

FAVORITE FILM(S): star wars, memento, pulp fiction...

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): nolan, scorsese, tarantino...

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): music, games, sports

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: 12/18/15 (lurked when TFA soundtrack came out, now i'm back for TLJ)

NAME: Jostein

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Web-person/podcaster

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Superman the Movie

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Trek The Motion Picture

FAVORITE FILM(S): Robocop, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Big Lebowski, The Empire Strikes Back

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Paul Verhoeven

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Vidja games

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Several years, but as a lurker

NAME: Luka

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: Motion Designer

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Last Airbender, Fantastic Beasts, King Kong, Star Trek, Da Vinci Code / Angels & Demons, Titanic, The Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit, Dinosaur, Atlantis, Maleficent, Braveheart

So as you can see, I'm also a big James Newton Howard fan, as well as James Horner, Howard Shore, and - I'm sorry to say - Hans Zimmer x)

FAVORITE FILM(S): Star Wars, Harry Potter / Fantastic Beasts, The Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit, The Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Soon to be Rian Johnson?

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Movie Scores, Classical music (especially Romantic), Photography and Motion Design

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: December 2017 (The Last Jedi brought me here!)

NAME: The Senate 

PROFESSION/EDUCATION: HS student 

FAVORITE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Harry Potters/ Star Wars 

FAVORITE NON-JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE(S): Rogue One, Dark Knight Interstellar 

FAVORITE FILM(S):, The Empire Strikes Back, Rogue One, Interstellar, Dunkirk, Inception 

FAVORITE DIRECTOR(S): Christopher Nolan 

SPECIAL INTEREST(S): Video Games

VISITING THIS BOARD SINCE: Several years