Sign in to follow this  
Henry Buck

The Sith Lords Restoration Project

This thread is for keeping tabs on the Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project by Team Gizka. For those who aren't familiar, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords was hurried in development and thus released in an incomplete state. Significant story points, cut-scenes, and even entire areas were chopped from the game at the last minute to meet deadlines, leading to a sour and inconclusive gaming experience. However, a great amount of content was left on the game discs, and through modding it is possible to reincorporate this content into the game. A group of modders dubbed Team Gizka has been working for three years to do just this. Some of the content to be restored includes:

The HK Factory - a new area and quest for HK-47

Jedi training - additional training/combat scenes and cut-scenes for your party members

Malachor endings - see what happens to your party members at Malachor V

Dueling Darth Sion - face off against Darth Sion as Atton

The GenoHaradan - are back!

More conversations and cut-scenes - find out more about your party members, more about Revan

Important cut-scenes restored - find out why Darth Nihilus attacks Telos, why Handmaiden really accompanies you, and more

The Battle of Khoonda - much improved

Bug fixes - maybe the most important thing of all

and much more.

TSLRP has gone beta! It looks like the project is at last close to release.

Hooray!! I was extremely disappointed because of the ending of the game. I guess I install my KOTOR II again. I have been waiting for this from Team Gizka for some time. Does anyone about the possible third KOTOR?

So this is to make the game better? Good luck with that . . .

Seriously though, this sounds like a great plan. There are obvious problems with the game that should be fixed.

While KotoR II is a great game, you know while you're playing it that it's just plain not finished. All these guys are doing is what should have been done in the last months of production if LucasArts hadn't rushed publication. But as it's fans doing this in their spare time it's taken, what...three years?

Does anyone about the possible third KOTOR?

Rumors always persist, but it looks unlikely anytime soon. The next big SW game, The Force Unleashed, supposedly started life as a potential KotoR III until the production team and/or LucasArts bigwigs decided early on to go in a different direction. And there's the project being jointly developed by LA and BioWare that is popularly rumored to be a MMO set in the KotoR universe, but all involved have adamantly and flatly denied that to be the case.

I understand that completely. It actually mad me a little mad when I first played the game.

I am looking forward to The Force Unleashed, though.

It actually mad me a little mad when I first played the game.

I completely stopped playing one time and moved on to something else just because the bugs were driving me nuts.

And yeah, The Force Unleashed is supposed to be The Next Big Thing. And, as Henry mentioned, it's going to have a full 2 hour score, recorded with a live orchestra, by Mark Griskey (KotoR II).

Wow, I had forgotten all about the restoration project.

I loved KOTOR II though. The score was better (just barely), the story was darker and the villain was . . . different. With that said, the ending was the one bad aspect and I remember reading about these guys and their project. I can't believe it's been three years. I'm excited to see what some of those testers think about the product. It's ambitious, to say the least.

As for Force Unleashed . . . I have a Wii and no 360 (or a PC capable of running it) so unfortunately I'm getting the short end of the stick. The Wii version will just be a port of the PS2 version. Still, the game looks interesting. For some reason, they seem to have trouble making lightsaber action fun (Episode III anyone?) and while I doubt they nailed it here, I'm hoping. The force powers look cool, but I think they really need to nail lightsaber attacks to make lightsaber-wielding game fun. On second thought though, I don't really know any game with a lightsaber where the controls were perfect . . . I'm looking forward to the score though.

The game gets better every time I play it, in more than a few ways it could be considered superior to the original. But it got to the point that I had to stop playing as soon as the Malachor V sequence starts, there's just too many bugs and plot holes by then to go on. If this thing is finally, finally done...yeah, I'm excited. At this point it'll be as good as a whole new KotoR game.