Show us your music collection

QUOTE("Erik Woods"

[img)

Erik,

Nice collection!!!! How many cd's do the shelves, that your Dad made, hold? And what are the dimensions (estimate!).

The shelving system I built the other day holds about 2,000..... and I only have about 3/4'ths of one shelf left!!! The shelves that you have, look like they might fit perfectly in another spot in my house and would be good for backup!

Thanks,

John

PS... where is "Cinematic Sound"?

Erik,

Nice collection!!!! How many cd's do the shelves, that your Dad made, hold? And what are the dimensions (estimate!).

I don't know the dimensions but they fit 55 CD's across and 10 rows down... which include 3 rows for DVD's and VHS tapes on the right shelf. You can see that the top rows and the bottom two rows are larger then the other 7 rows in the middle.

BTW, the black IKEA cabinets hold about 200 CD's each.

Not really sure what you are asking here?

-Erik-

Jesus! I cannot imagine how much money some of you folks have blown getting these collections. but you guys are clearly on a level I cannot even begin to comprehend.

Like Marian said, I don't think they've released a fixed version. Your best bet is to just buy the set, check if you have the V2's, and if you don't, contact the Universal office in Belgium.

I am still planning to buy this BttF set, but I've read that there's a "darkness" problem on the 3rd movie? There hasn't been a V3 released, or a V2 of V2 I guess?

Edit: (This goes for Region 2.)

The darkness problem was there on the earlier V2's, but the Benelux has never had trouble with them. The V2's were postponed for us due to the darkness problem. When it was fixed, we got our V2's, which have BttF3 on it as it should be.

Hey, it's The Beatles Anthology! Sweet.

Good stuff. And at least this I come close to. ;)

- Marc

8O Howard Shore - Hope Fails from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (OST)

Jesus! I cannot imagine how much money some of you folks have blown getting these collections.

I can't quite agree with the money being "blown". It's not like it was a wasted purchase! Like I said before, this is the only hobby that I actively participate in. I have other hobbies, but music is... my passion.

Not really sure what you are asking here?

-Erik-

Sorry. I thought it was one of the shows on Live365 or another internet radio. Didn't realize it was your own website.

Nice site by the way!

These are my DVDs...

shelfodvds.jpg

Photos of CD collection to follow once I organise the buggers.

Nice collection! The X-Files sets look awesome all lined up together!!!

I need to act up, and get the rest of the series!

You have Day 3 of "24" in the UK already?

Yeah, I saw the UK Day 3 release of 24 in stores here as well. I'm a continuity freak, so I'm waiting for the Dutch release, which unfortunately isn't coming out here until February 2005. I really regret not getting the UK releases from the beginning.

- Marc, watching Office Space.

Here's my entire sountrack collection, for what it's worth. Thanks to Cerrabore for the cover image idea. And yes, I stole the pics from Amazon, the % signs are a dead giveaway. :shakehead:

covers1.jpg

covers2.jpg

covers3.jpg

For some of these I have boots, DVD extracts, and one "Ultimate Edit". Temple of Doom is last becaue I only have a DVD extract of it, not the original CD.

A small but respectable collection!

I'd be moderately content with Superman, E.T., and Indy in my collection. As it is, though... :?

I got about 250 c.d's,plus about 100 various cdr's from trades.My Williams is very complete though.Only bought 3 c.d.'s in the last 2 years.

I don't have many DVD's:

Simpsons Season 1,2,3.

Indy Trilogy

Lost in Space Season 1

Witches of Eastwick

E.T.

Jaws

That's it.

K.M.

No Red Dwarf and NO TNG! 8O

Justin - :nono:

No Red Dwarf 'cause I just haven't had the money to get them yet. Soon. ;)

And no TNG because, well, it's not good enough to own on DVD. Sorry. 8O

• 3 weeks later...

Cool set-ups, guys. I'd post mine, but my digital camera busted a couple years ago (and less than 3 months after I bought it... bastard Concord!) and I dn't feel like fussing with uploading pics. Otherwise I would have uploaded some of me and Au from my Thailand trip. ;)

Essentially, my collection just boasts every released John Williams score, all known bootlegged scores, and many, many re-recordings and concert works. Well over 300 CDs now, but I haven't counted lately. My non-Williams collection is puny however, and that's fine with me because I have more than I need anyways. ;) BTW, KM saw my CD shelf, (just a very large bookshelf that also holds some speakers and books) but it's been moved into my new bedroom (that didn't exist when KM visited me) and grown since then as well.

-Chris, Master of disjointed posts....

• 2 years later...

It's been a while. I remembered that such a thread existed, though I didn't recall it was me who started it...

Anyway, one of the benefits of having just moved is that I finally have new shelves - and they actually are big enough to hod my CDs and DVDs, thanks to Ikea.

Look you here

Nice.

That's an R1 release of 24, isn't it? Which season?

And for good measure, here's what my CD shelves look like right now (ignore the Spongebob figurine, please):

HPIM0270.jpg

They're hanging over my desk. There's still a whole bunch of stuff that's only on my hard drive, though.

The top shelve has all the DVDs I've left for my "Today, Marc watches..." thingy (current end date November 3rd :o ).

Nice. I don't have a place to show off my CE's so prominently at the moment.

24 is season 2. I'd still like to get the first season someday. I don't need the rest... though I have yet to watch the latest one.

I'll probably end up getting the remaining Lost seasons by the time the series is over (looks like a sure rewatch candidate so far). And of course I still need DS9 2 to 6.

Here's both my CD and DVD collection. Not very big but next year I'll be concentrating on full force building up both.

Yes yes, I know...I didn't build my TV cart correctly. I realized that afterwards....oh well.

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

So Marc will be getting to Firefly soon, eh? :D

Yes, I see he actually forked out for the DVDs rather than aquiring them through...other means.

And that monkey sure does like The Two Towers. Silly monkey.

24 is season 2. I'd still like to get the first season someday. I don't need the rest... though I have yet to watch the latest one.

I see. Seasons 3 and 5 are very good as well, though. Seasons 4 and 6... not so much.

Incidentally, since you've taken the trouble of acquiring an R1 copy of S2, you might like to know the R2 and R4 releases of S1 actually feature about 2 extra minutes in each of the last 5 episodes.

Yes. I was supposed to start next Tuesday, but I'm a bit behind, so it may take a little longer. I'm looking forward to it, though, I've never seen a single minute of it.

Yes, I see he actually forked out for the DVDs rather than aquiring them through...other means.

The whole stupid broadcast schedule was so utterly confusing I didn't even bother trying to download and watch them in proper order.

And that monkey sure does like The Two Towers. Silly monkey.

Nothing silly about that. But the real reason it's so close is that the front flap doesn't stay shut properly. If I took the monkey away the package would be constantly open.

I see you'll be watching The Frighteners, Marc... looking forward to your report. And right after The Incredibles, if I recognise that disc correctly?

Yes, but I'm leaving the special edition for a later date. Just the theatrical cut this time. The disc next to it is the SE of Crimson Tide, actually (the theatrical cut). I do have The Incredibles, but it's with my other DVDs.

Marc, you plan your film watching 6 months in advance?

Well, my daily doses, anyway...

That takes dedication, and a touch of insanity.

Indeed it does.

Just like moderating this board.

Indeed it does.

- Marc, who might have taken some of the surprise away from his "Today, Marc watches..." signature.

Yes. I was supposed to start next Tuesday, but I'm a bit behind, so it may take a little longer. I'm looking forward to it, though, I've never seen a single minute of it.

Of course if you want to do it properly you need to pick up Serenity and slide it in your order after Firefly. :)

Yes, we here in the US got a ridiculously awful cover complete with a hoard of zombies, Serenity firing laser beams, and something that looks like a llama (none of which appear in the movie). The cover for upcoming 2-disc DVD is much classier (even though it does curiously feature our moon).

I see. Seasons 3 and 5 are very good as well, though. Seasons 4 and 6... not so much.

I think S4 is the one where the finale turned out to be the most exciting bit of the show since Season 1 for me... or perhaps it was the finale of S3. Either way, I think the show has been going more or less downhill since the beginning of S2. S5 was ok, but I don't think I'd keep watching if I had just discovered the series.

Incidentally, since you've taken the trouble of acquiring an R1 copy of S2, you might like to know the R2 and R4 releases of S1 actually feature about 2 extra minutes in each of the last 5 episodes.

It was no extra trouble back then, but thanks for the info. I guess I'll pick up a cheap R2 of S1 eventually.

Marian - who will use the Lost- and Heroes- (and Gilmore Girls- :P ) free summer to catch up on S6 and Alias.

Obviously you are not a fan of well written, hilarious TV with superb characters.

Oh, and on S6 of 24 Marian, you're probably better off skipping it completly.

Whenever I see pictures like these, I always end up staring at them for ages, trying to identify each DVD. :P

- Rob, who identified quite a few of Neil's before the picture vanished :?

- Rob2, who only has a few DVDs here at the moment but will hopefully get to take a proper picture soon

Oh, and on S6 of 24 Marian, you're probably better off skipping it completly.

Indeed. It was rubbish. Worst one yet.

- Marc, who'll probably still end up getting the DVD for completion's sake.

Gilmore Girls?
Obviously you are not a fan of well written, hilarious TV with superb characters.

RIP Stars Hollow. :P

Ray Barnsbury

As I indicated earlier, I only have a few of my DVDs here with me at the moment - the rest are packed away in boxes at the moment. My CDs are even less organised (I'm making do with iTunes and my iPod for the moment), so I won't even attempt to take a picture of them. But here are the DVDs I have with me at the moment.

• 9 months later...

Well after seeing some of the pictures in the "studio" thread I thought it would be a cool idea to see pictures of peoples music collection in whatever form its in. I don't have a picture now as I'm in the process of moving to a different room in my house. So lets see what you got.

Where's your picture(s)? :unsure: Here's my collection. Though I've got more scores on my hard drive (mostly complete scores) and I need to finish making art work for those and print em' up...

BTW the Anthology set is on the area where my monitor sits but on the far right hand side. Also ontop of the CD's in the first picture is the 2-CD Gettysburg set.

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

DSC03538.jpg

Edit: Here's the pic with the Anthology set...

DSC03536.jpg

i thought of this very same thing! :lol:

Here is the Williams OSTs:

P1011363.jpg

Here Giacchino:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Here the Williams 2CD releases, compilations and bootlegs: (and my Lucasbooks collection :lol: )

P1011360-1.jpg

Here the Golden age, John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner and Roque Baños:

P1011361.jpg

And here the rest:

P1011362.jpg

Untitled-1copy.jpg

I see you have actual CD's for Call Of Duty, Allied Assault, Black, and Alias: The Game. Are these your own home made CD's? I thought those were only available through internet download. Also, what are the 3 CD's between The Incredibles and Mercenaries?

Can't get the pictures to show up, so I'll just explain my collection (organized by artists, but artists are not organized in anyway)

Top shelf (John Williams):

Second shelf (A couple extra Williams, Howard Shore, Mychael Danna, Michael Giacchino, Gregson-Williams/Powell, and more):

Third Shelf (Danny Elfman, Alan Silvestri, Bernard Herrmann, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, James Newton Howard, and other):

Bottom Shelf (John Debney, Hans Zimmer, Alan Menken, and more):