Show us your music collection

I deleted the image of my updated collection on the previous page as that wasn't a very clear shot. However, this one is.

Do I have to remind you that you need to buy FOTR : CR ? Your shelf looks empty without it

Yes I know. :)

If money permits in January I'll be buying it so I can finally complete the collection.

your first three words 'scared' me, then i read the rest of the sentence.

:)

Actually, it's the rest of the sentence that's the scary part!

Funny, my Dick Tracy CD has the exact same cut-out.

You can notice from the blurry picture? But yeah, that's true. Seems like this was found in many cut-out bins at one period. Pretty hard to come by these days.

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard it either. The stereo set isn't too shabby though.

Here's what my collection looks like these days:

HPIM0707small.jpg

The Music of the Lord of the Rings is not pictured. It's on my bookshelf.

Not only does that Beatles box have tons of music I've never owned, now I realise that it's also really good-looking on the shelf. I might really have to get it rather sooner than later...

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. It's reminded me that I need to invest in a decent set of shelves.

Any recommendations for a nice looking media bookcase for a decent price?

Running out of room!

That's always a good thing! :)

Next to my existing CD rack, now there stands another very similar one with all my DVDs, Blu-rays and half or so of my books.

DSC06259.jpg

I can see why someone would be annoyed by the Raiders March, due to overexposure to it, but it doesn't do the score justice to reduce it to that. Not in the least.

I can see why someone would be annoyed by the Raiders March, due to overexposure to it, but it doesn't do the score justice to reduce it to that. Not in the least.

Just like the Star Wars Main Title theme. I generally skip to the end for the Star Wars Main Title cue when listening to my Star Wars edits.

Running out of room!

That's always a good thing! :)

Next to my existing CD rack, now there stands another very similar one with all my DVDs, Blu-rays and half or so of my books.

DSC06259.jpg

Lego on your shelf. Awesome.

- Marc, whose old CD shelves are now occupied by Lego as well.

To prove that I'm still actually a 'fan' of JW, and because this is the only practical way:

(and yes, I only have 4 tracks from Jaws... I also have only 4 or 5 from ESB, it just earns a folder because it's SW)

jw1.jpg

Do I spot Legends Of The Fall and The Two Towers?

:huh:

Yep. Those are all the CDs I took out when I completely ran out of room. Why is Raiders in there? I have the box set and have no need for the DCC, but primarily because it's a crappy bootleg that was sold to me on eBay. Same with Lo Chiamavano King at the top. The Beatles albums obviously because I have the stereo masters. The Two Towers because I have the complete recordings. Gladiator and The Curse Of The Black Pearl because I got those before I started seriously getting into scores. In one way or another, I don't consider those CDs as a true part of my collection. It's not because I don't like the music.

IMG_0004.jpg

Two questions:

a) What's on the left?

b) Does it contain alcohol?

Karol

Febreeze, Windex, and an air duster.

So the next question is...what are they doing next to your CD's (shouldn't they be in a closet or something?) and where are your Zimmer CD's? Aren't you supposed to be the resident Zimmer fan here in addition to myself?

So the next question is...what are they doing next to your CD's (shouldn't they be in a closet or something?) and where are your Zimmer CD's? Aren't you supposed to be the resident Zimmer fan here in addition to myself?

My house gets really dusty really fast. I keep them around because I clean my room frequently. But the question should be, why are my reject CDs next to the cleaning supplies? ;) As for all the Zimmer... I have every single score, but my brother is the one who bought them. That's why Gladiator and The Curse Of The Black Pearl are in there. If I'm never going to own another Zimmer score, why keep those two? Those are copies I got myself a looong time ago.

Do I spot Legends Of The Fall and The Two Towers?

:huh:

Screw "Legends Of The Fall" and "The Two Towers"; he's got "Logan's Run"/"Coma"! :D 10 out of 10 for that, mate, but - oh, dear - minus a few thousand for "Titanic" :(

That Logan's Run is also Mark's :lol:

Like I said earlier, in some shape or form, those are CDs that I did not intentionally purchase. Titanic, America's Sweethearts, Heartbreakers, XXX, People I Know... all stuff that was given to me before I was a serious collector. I don't want to get rid of them, but since I had to make room, those are the ones I picked.

I'll count all soundtracks tomorrow, I don't even know myself how many I actually have.

There are 477. Whew! :hap:

Lego on your shelf. Awesome.

Thanks :) There's really not a lot of it up there, only the two small sets my GF recently bought me for my birthday and Christmas, probably my first new Lego stuff I got since 1995 or so ... :D

My house gets really dusty really fast. I keep them around because I clean my room frequently. But the question should be, why are my reject CDs next to the cleaning supplies?

Ah, those are your REJECT CD's? I missed that point. I wondered why the collection was so small. :)