Marian Schedenig

Show us your music collection

My digital folders at the moment, I picked up an unexplainable habit of naming them random references or quotes when I started building it up. Some are more really obvious, some are more obscure. Guess away!

image.png

What nobody will get: 

classic - selection of my favourite classical music pieces

stephanvsrex - István a Király, widely known classic 1983 rock opera about the struggles of our first King Stephen around the founding of the Kingdom of Hungary in 1000 or 1001.

16 minutes ago, Holko said:

My digital folders at the moment, I picked up an unexplainable habit of naming them random references or quotes when I started building it up. Some are more really obvious, some are more obscure. Guess away!

image.png

I see Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Miklos Rosza, How To Train Your Dragon, Jaws, Home Alone. Can't pinpoint the others without really thinking, but the obvious ones are those.

10 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Miklos Rosza

It's literally there in the picture you qouted and still it's misspelled. Is there some conspiracy here to specifically irritate me with this? ;) 

57 minutes ago, Holko said:

It's literally there in the picture you qouted and still it's misspelled. Is there some conspiracy here to specifically irritate me with this? ;) 

Clearly ol' Miklos spelled his own name wrong. After all, it's Liszt, not Lizst.

:P

16 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Clearly ol' Miklos spelled his own name wrong. After all, it's Liszt, not Lizst.

:P

sz and zs are completely different two-component letters, sz stands for the standard English "s" (our "s" is the English "sh", probably gets used more often), and "zs" is the French "J" like in "je".

Liszt is a word, means flour.  Rózsa is a word, means rose. The English pronounciation of Rose has a "z" so it's easy to remember Rózsa has the z first.

Proof I don’t have as many film scores as some of you think I have.  Although I cleared out a lotta “junk” a while back and I don’t keep the original releases once an expanded / complete score is issued unless there’s something unique to the first release. 

8C3FA569-874C-4957-B5FD-ED9C0EF065DD.jpeg

I'm envious.

Confession:  I own nothing.  Not yet, at least.  Every score I have ever heard has been on Youtube, Spotify or in the movie itself.

Maybe I should download some albums from Spotify?  

In comparison to most of the other collections mine is tiny:

20180819_103219.jpg

upper shelf - Goldsmith (60s, 70s, 80s)

lower shelf - Williams

20180819_103333.jpg

tiny shelf - Goldsmith (90s, 00s)

There's also a bunch of CDs from other composers, but it's not worth showing.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

One or two CDs seem to be missing...

The gaps are for the new Small Soldiers and The Mummy releases that I'm still impatiently waiting for.:unsure:

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

I like the elephant.

The elephant was a birth present and the little school bag on its back a present for my high school graduation, so it kinda sums up my adolescence.