The Custom Covers Thread

Whose site? Vareses? Where?

startrekmovie.com

I had to view the page source to even download the 620x460 image that I did, because they disable right click.

Haha, yeah, I clicked and dragged it into the main Firefox window so I could right-click it.

I haven't used a printer in my house since I installed XP to my last computer back in college in 2001 or so, and watched as Canon didn't update their drivers for that printer. I use the money I save on not buying ink to buy more soundtracks.

Haha, I haven't had my own printer since I started college. :P

I thought I would do a little something fun for the Giacchino Trek release as well. I took the two images I used for my main cover I made for Joe's edit and played around with it a bit. :rolleyes:

StarTrek4.jpg

Whoops, I forgot to check this thread for a few days and WOW! Great work guys, I'll be using one of these for sure. For Toy Story 3, I meant we will need back tray artwork for those who want to put it on CD.

Edit: Toy Story 3 will need a custom cover - the official cover is god-awful if you look it up on Amazon. Another question, what do you guys use to create cover artwork? Photoshop is stodgy as hell to use.

Also, here's today's project. Click for full-res version.

hpssalbumcover1small.jpg

I fully rebuilt the OST cover with two images from Drew Struzan's site and an image of the poster from elsewhere on the 'net. I created actual text for "and the Sorcerer's Stone" and the stuff at the bottom and top. And, of course, I changed it from "Original" to "Complete." Normally, I like my complete score covers to look substantially different from their OST counterparts just for the sake of clarity...but I couldn't think of any approach I liked better. I'll just have to pay attention to which facial expression Ron has, and whether or not Fluffy appears next to Hagrid. :)

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. :lol: No actual...footwarmers are involved, but I'm using sheet music to help me make sure that this is as genuinely complete as possible.

Ah, that's a good one to add to my vocabulary. Yes, I'm afraid this particular footwarmer will be partially of the tap-dancing variety...but this score tends to use pretty soft shoes. And I'm patching up the holes with...synthetic materials...

That's one of the most unique looking covers I've seen yet. It showcases the ship, which should've been the star of the show instead of the people flying it. I like it.

When's somebody going to make a Star Trek DE cover featuring our very own Cadet Gary Mitchell??

Here is a back cover for ST DE

startrekdeluxebackcopy.jpg

What is the font used in the 'music by michael giacchino' on the official front cover?

I wanted to use that but could not find it.

(Scroll down the page ofr the new version)

Looks great, Luke. Did you do a similar one for the Speed Racer webrip? Coz this one fits stylistically with that.

IndianaJonesandtheTempleofDoomCompl.gif

heres a front cover for the temple of doom done in the text is formatted like raiders (no indiana jones and) and the rest is based of a Superman score cover (as seen here:

)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got hi-res covers for Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, or Half-Blood Prince?

These are for La-La Land's upcoming releases. If you want bigger ones PM me.

Great job, Trent.

This my custom cover:

batmanfrontal.jpg

Anyone fancy doing some custom artwork for a personal compilation project? PM me if interested and I will explain....

• 3 weeks later...