The Custom Covers Thread

Has anybody ever made a good Jurassic Park custom front cover that didn't just use the standard dinosaur logo?

I was thinking of making one. Not really sure what else to use, though...I mean, all the promotional material uses that logo, and I can't think of any images from the film that would feel right for an album cover. For the back cover, sure, or the tray, but not so much for the front cover. The only thing I can think of would be to somehow modify the logo in terms of color, texture, and/or surroundings, thereby visually differentiating it from the standard album release.

Wait, I'm confused...I thought we were talking about a TPM UE parody using the image of the raptor looking through the window in the door...

Which, by the way, I'll do for the fun of it if anyone can provide the screenshot.

EDIT: Better yet, how about a full-size version of this?

Proof of concept:

jurassicparkjokecover.jpg

I'm serious, someone needs to upload a full-sized screenshot of that scene so I can invest some time in doing can do a full-sized, full-quality version!

ROTFLMAO

I never thought you would actually go through with your threat of producing this.

Attack of the Clones Ultimate Edition:

http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/StarWarsFan786/?action=view&current=AOTC_UE.jpg

I don't know how to do the 'Star Wars' logo so i just used Star Jedi Hollow.

Also for some reason i couldn't link to the image because JWFan does not accept the extension.

Ok I sense a "For JWFans only" meme starting here....I'm ready for an onslaught of blue-tinted, enemy character closeup custom covers...

That raptor one is hilarious!

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

You did it again Data! Hilariously cool!

The TOD Ultimate soundtrack should have a blue Mola Ram.

If anyone did a Star Trek V version, God's face is already blueish in the film. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Those are slick. I may download the episodic covers for the sake of academia. But these aren't complete episode scores, just highlights, and I'm totally unfamiliar with most of the episodes anyways. I was planning on tagging this set as four albums -- one for each disc -- and being done with it.

I want to use the four disc covers, but also want to use my autographed cover for at least the first disc. Oh, what to do...

This is the only one I have

sstonefront.jpg

I'd enjoy one that wasn't almost identical to the OST one

That's the one I use. Doesn't make a very efficient use of space though.

I don't like the one with the boats because the text at the top and bottom isn't prominent enough and the font isn't very 'strong'.

Also, I prefer to use 'complete motion picture score' rather than 'recording sessions' because the former implies a more organised set tailored for listening. The latter brings to me the image of the unedited Avatar sessions. I.e., an organised mess.

1. I'm bummed the "blue cover" running gag stopped as quickly as it started. Some of those were really funny!

2. NOBODY has a customer Jurassic Park front cover for the complete score?

3. I've seen a lot of cover art around the net that says "RDAF CD" on it. Does anybody know who/what RDAF is, and if there is a website where all the RDAF custom art can be seen together?

Ahhhhhhh yes, I've been to that site, of course. I just forgot I guess :P

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a set of matching covers for the four Pirates of the Caribbean films that I made today,

as well as other PotC-related stuff and a set in similar style for the Akella pirate games.

cover_potc1.jpg

cover_potc2.jpg

cover_potc3.jpg

cover_potc4.jpg

cover_potc_game.jpg

cover_potc_lojs.jpg

cover_potc_ride.jpg

cover_potc_tril.jpg

cover_sd.jpg

cover_aop.jpg

And here's a repost of my Star Wars Prequel Trilogy covers in the Sony Special Editions style.

sw_ep1.jpg

sw_ep2.jpg

sw_ep3.jpg

And to complete the set, today I did the video games and Shadows of the Empire as well:

sw_kotor1.png

sw_kotor2.png

sw_sote.png

sw_tfu1.png

sw_tfu2.png

Again, not the greatest but at least the covers match now for all Star Wars, PotC and Akella music I've got.

And here's two for the latest Indiana Jones games as well. They match with the covers made by another member for the four films.

ijatet.jpg

ijatsotk.jpg

Not brilliant, but I couldn't find anything better to work from.

How do you guys make such professional-looking cover art? For example, do you put copy/paste the font from another image or do you make your own? And is there a specific program that is better than the others, like PaintShop Pro? I'm trying to get into this, but I haven't found a suitable tutorial...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure this is the place to ask (please delete if not), but does anyone have the Ernest Saves Christmas covers from the (official) promo?

I'm not sure this is the place to ask (please delete if not), but does anyone have the Ernest Saves Christmas covers from the (official) promo?

Soundtrack collector, although it's probably only 300 x 300.

I tried searching the web, but at the moment I can't find anything bigger than 300 x 300, I used to have links to a bunch of CD cover sites but most are gone or I lost the link.

Thanks - yeah I can't find anything better myself, and I'd like to find the back cover, too. Anyhow - it was worth a shot!

If I can make a request, can someone create a cover for Giacchino's SUPER 8 based on the Drew Struzan-influenced movie posted?

super-8-struzan-poster.jpg