Hans Zimmer Appreciation Thread

Koray Savas

First couple are CmM9 (11) in various voicings. Then Ab9 (#11), then Ab (9,#11), Dsus9, Bb9 (b13), Bb9 (b13)/D, BmMaj7, BmMaj7/D then finally Eb (b5,b6,9).

These kind of Barry-esque chords make me think Zimmer would do a fantastic Bond score, if given the chance.

Off the top of my head, my beloved Science & Religion, the rousing middle section; there's nothing very complex there, but it's a pleasingly rich departure from his more overtly Germanic sound. The climax of his little ditty for the Interstellar trailer is similar, with those scalar ostinati. A lot of the stuff in Man of Steel, especially the very first chord (or is it a full minor scale clotted together?) of the score which tickles the ear so wonderfully.

Pharrell’s new album G I R L features Daft Punk, Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus, and Hans Zimmer

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/02/pharrells-new-album-g-i-r-l-features-daft-punk-justin-timberlake-miley-cyrus-and-hans-zimmer/

G I R L, which drops March 3, follows up 2006′s In My Mind and sees Pharrell collaborating with Daft Punk, Justin Timberlake, Miley Cyrus, Alicia Keys, JoJo and even Hans Zimmer, the Oscar-winning composer. Zimmer was reportedly charged with the record’s string arrangements — which, judging from the album trailer, are plentiful.

Well, it's true. The Lion King back in 1994 was my very first CD purchase. So, for better or worse, HanZ started it all. ;)

Hanz did the same for me with The Da Vinci Code.

You aren't alone my friend!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've always liked the part at 3:51 with that rockin' cello.... And the little moment at 5:02 when the rythm goes crazy is quite cool; but yeah, overall there's a moment where it gets boring.

Yeah, this isn't the Zimmer I'm particularly fond of. The real fun stuff is in At World's End.

And that's not Zimmer's most hyper-masculine. Look no further than King Arthur for that:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...