The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

He doesn't compose in the same style as he did 20 years ago. I agree 100% with Mikko, this sort of comments are becoming tiresome.

Velhos do Restelo

Don't read them then or would you prefer the direct approach that Williams' adventure/ action music isn't as interesting as it was 20 years ago?

I just hope there aren't lots of skippies in the second half of the album as the French reviewer described as shrouded in ebony darkness.

I certainly hope people would understand Williams doesn't compose in the same style as he did 20 years ago or for the original films. It would safe this MB from tons of unbelievably bitter and sarcastic posts. Stop wishing for 80's compositional style revival and embrace the full power of the new JW style!

bull, if Spielberg tells Kaminski to photograph the movie like it was a Douglas Slocombe film, and that he himself was going to direct in his 80's style, the by God John Williams needs to score the movie in the same style.

I just hope there aren't lots of skippies in the second half of the album as the French reviewer described as shrouded in ebony darkness.

And this darkness is bad because? You seem to have very little faith that Williams can actually compose an adventure score with both light and dark moments that are equally interesting and fun. Why is dark music always filler and skippable to you?

Even if the film is an homage of sorts to the film making style of Spielberg in the 80's, Williams' music should not be a carbon copy of that period's sound. And all three Indiana Jones films have their unique sound even if the style remains the same meaning that it is larger than life, fun, energetic and a bit over the top. Bad guys have dark dramatic chords for entrances, Indy's punches are followed by the orchestra with minute detail, traveling music is in the same way dramatic, love themes can be heard loud and clear as the hero kisses the leading lady. This is the style, the old style of Hollywood's Golden Age. The sound of all Indy films differs because Williams was in a different part of the decade and evolving as a composer all the time. So why shouldn't the new Indy score sound like the modern JW sound that works in the old Indiana Jones style?

because the new Williams sound is the sound of senility setting in.

How about Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakban, Joe? Was senility setting in then, too?

Ted

blind pig syndrome, besides IMHO POA was somewhat less than SS. besides that was 4 years ago,

because the new Williams sound is the sound of senility setting in.

Have you ever thought of searching another composer to be the numero uno on your list since JW seems to have fallen from grace in his senility?

even a less than able JW is better than say a never was able Hans zimmer

look my grandfather in law had alzheimers, we didn't stop loving him, or treating him well, yet at the same time we made sure he didn't find any car or lawn mower keys.

Guys, hello... :blink: this is going nowhere...

Some think Williams's sound has changed (is changing) for the worse, some think it has changed (is changing) for the better, and some simply think it has changed (is changing), period. That's the way it is, and that's the way is going to be. Discussion, as always, is fine, but I think we have to keep in mind that our positions on this matter, for good or for ill, tend to be impervious to other people's arguments.

whats your point Alan, are you saying we can't argue this to infinity and beyond.

blind pig syndrome, besides IMHO POA was somewhat less than SS. besides that was 4 years ago,

Joe, I think you're going to set a record for baseless claims today (if, that is, indeed you seriously think Williams is going senile). And by the way, his last score was in 2005. When did the senility set in, again? Late 2004?

You can think Azkaban is "somewhat less" than Philosopher's Stone, but, like it or now, it was written with the same amount of energy and freshness, if not more. It showed that Williams was still challening himself to write subtle, thematically rich music, which says a lot, especially for a movie that was third in a series.

Ted

I think to compare something is always a very stupid thing to do. Because if I have something that is my absolute favourte (period, music, film) whatever- everything will fail, if compared to the No. 1.. Like Bob Ross said: "Treat everyone as individuals andgive them their own personal beauty.."

I think the score will do what it is supposed to do... giving the Movie the right mood and maybe it will also be a good standalone CD Album listening experience.. but I don't care if not.. I am exited about the new movie ..

And Joey what is exactly your position here? If Ricard id reading this.. couldn't we open an other forum category called "Ironic" /"Sarcastic" - Discussion.. where several people can post deconstructive s**t all the time.. but it isn't funny without those who want to do some ontopic discussion, isn't it... ?

I just don't find that funny.. why destroy every secnd topic here? Cant you just let the "Beginners" discuss things they want to discuss.. oh no because just when something is starting,there comes a Joey or a Stefancos who are SO wise and Williams fans for nearly 76 years now...and have to post there super-cool sarcastic stupid bull***t!

Because POA was so thematically different than the first two novels, and Ted sometimes senility does "just" set in.

but I don't think JW is going senile I'm just arguing today to keep the threads moving, basically Im manipulating the board with counter arguements that force people to respond. Its been rather easy today.

Whether it "just" sets in or not is besides the point. You seemed to identify a very small window. But who cares, anyway? You're just stirring things up.

Ted

well I do care that John's output in the last 10 years has been more composed of dust collectors than at any point in his career. If it wasn't for the fact that I give each score a listen once a year, whether I like it or not, there would be even more dust.

Once again a thread turns into a pile of sh*te.

There's a bad stench in here and it ain't me.

as I said in the other post... why not have a "Sarcasm Discussion Board" or something.. where all the topicdestroyers who are posting s**t just for there own fun can can play as long and what they want.. adults who you are expecting to act somehow grownup act like 13 year old boys in puberty who are afraid of not getting to much attention!!

I thought you were going to leave until the movie came out or was that just a lie.

miss padma, who is talking **** now, if you don't like it, why not perk up your chest and say what you mean, instead of being a cowardly little girl, and say Joe, your acting like a 13 year old, but honey that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, (wait that wasn't even around then). funny thing is people like you and the all seeing great eye are perfectly fine with people as long as its you're side of the tale, but if its not then... well you know.

despite what you think there are many here who don't feel the new works of John Williams are on par with older works, and the fear is real that IJKOTCS will be more like his new stuff, and not like his classic work. That is a very fair point of view.

I thought you were going to leave until the movie came out or was that just a lie.

You are not quoting me, but I think you are talking to me... if not, fine.

I was pulled back by the Midi files.. I couldn't resist...

But you remeber me of a schoolmate I had.. all the time he was adding his super intelligent witty remarks and he was annying as hell and just destroyed every serious discussion.. but then we decided to ignore him and he tryed and tried.. but it didn't work for him anymore... and then he somehow became a very normal person.. and you even found out that he is very intelligent!

Well it seems it turned into a lie didn't it, smart arse.

see my point above Miss Padma.

Well it seems it turned into a lie didn't it, smart arse.

yes it did, personally I'd love to sing farewell and adiou to you but you're not a fair spanish lady,

despite what you think there are many here who don't feel the new works of John Williams are on par with older works, and the fear is real that IJKOTCS will be more like his new stuff, and not like his classic work. That is a very fair point of view.

Yet, it's beyond your imagination that the new logo presentation with be modern and has to remain like the classics? :blink:

miss padma, who is talking **** now, if you don't like it, why not perk up your chest and say what you mean, instead of being a cowardly little girl, and say Joe, your acting like a 13 year old, but honey that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, (wait that wasn't even around then). funny thing is people like you and the all seeing great eye are perfectly fine with people as long as its you're side of the tale, but if its not then... well you know.

Wow you really are the arsehole you've worked so hard at making yourself out to be aren't you Joe.

Just keep digging that hole, you're getting really efficient at it these days. Besides, I think I'll always find your antics endlessly entertaining. :blink:

Well did I say when Indiana Jones 4 is released? I can't remeber.. and if so.. it was a lie ok, and?

Miss Padme, I was talking to the Great Eye about leaving, sorry you missed that,

as for you GE, you're just a fool, with a great avatar.

now if you and Miss Padme care to discuss the fear that some have that the new Indy score won't be in the same vein as the previous 3, please step up to the plate,

he doesn't like me, I just find him annoying, with an occasionally interesting point of view. and like I said a cool avatar.

Wow you really are the arsehole you've worked hard at making yourself out to be aren't you Joe.

Just keep digging that hole, you're getting really efficient at it these days. Besides, I think I'll always find your antics endlessly entertaining. :blink:

Oh, boy. It's not the Sarcasm Topic we need, but Personal Attacks/Official Quarrel Topic... or we need to ban discussions about music as it was done with those about pollitics and religion, because it stirs the same amount of negative emotions.

People, people!

Let's remember that this is the internet - there is no modicum of respect or tact here, only the endless ramblings, musings and contrariness that anonymity brings.

That being said, I wouldn't change the internet (or this board) for anything - if I wanted civilized discussions I would talk to the boring rubes who surround me in my everyday life.

we could be talking Baby mama and grandkids like here in the real world.

I personally don't have a problem with the ever evolving musical style of our maestro, but when I see someone talking a fast flowing stream of blatant bullsh*t, all of course whilst depressingly and tiresomely attempting to talk down to peeps they happen to disagree with, I can't help but point out to them just how detestable (even hostile, in Joe's case) they are coming across as.

Wow. You two really don't like each other, do you?

Ted

Nah, it ain't anywhere near as bad as that. I think it's normally called a Clash of Personalities, as I'm sure you know. Basically, I'm a nice guy, whereas Joe is...

I personally don't have a problem with the ever evolving musical style of our maestro, but when I see someone talking a fast flowing stream of blatant bullsh*t, all of course whilst depressingly and tiresomely attempting to talk down to peeps they happen to disagree with, I can't help but point out to them just how detestable (even hostile, in Joe's case, and my own, I'm really such an arse) they are coming across as.
Wow. You two really don't like each other, do you?

Ted

Nah, it ain't anywhere near as bad as that. I think it's normally called a Clash of Personalities, as I'm sure you know. Basically, I'm a nice guy, whereas Joe is...a better and nicer person than I.

why thank you GE, how nice of you to say.

Ah the famous British Charm!!! It could swoon even Satan himself.

:lol: ohh lets be friends!! please...JOE :lol: and by the way in the Spielberg topic I have written your name man.. if it does even matter...

And well I say you obviously destroy every post and you say if its not my point of view im not fine with it.... I guess both points are not quiet true.. and therefore I guess that we don't know eachother very well yet...

I'm not worried about the style Williams will write in.As long as it doesn't sound like Minority Report

I'm worried about the contents of the album period.And what cues will be included and which won,t