The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

I hope this is all a dream! There IS no new Indy movie and there IS no new John Williams score!

In reality, Spielberg and Lucas DID think about another Indy movie, but finally rejected it. Plus, they decided Harrison Ford is too old...

:)

Hmmmmm, seriously now, when are the track times gonna be released?

I suspect they're gonna be released along with the sound clips. So in a week or two!!!

Nah, the record label is just trying to figure out how to promote an album that doesn't swing.

It's been a week, still only the one review and nothing else has leaked. Is it possible that the French review and transcriptions are fake?

I have been wondering if www.aolmusic.com, which usually gives a free week sneak peak of upcoming CD's, will offer one of KOTCS? If so they will most likely be changing over tonight @ 12:01am. So maybe we will get that tonight? ::shrugs::

The score isn't being released until the 20th so that might explain why there isn't any track times.

Concord is under no obligation to list anything before.

Nah, the record label is just trying to figure out how to promote an album that doesn't swing.

It's been a week, still only the one review and nothing else has leaked. Is it possible that the French review and transcriptions are fake?

I've wondered that myself since we first saw the French article. Where did they get their review copy? How, why? And how are they the only ones with the goods? It's seemed a little fishy to me since day one.

Ha ha!

I hope the cd is delayed till after the movie comes out just to piss people on here off.

I hope the CD release is canceled entirely just to piss people off. That would be so awesome.

Uncool bro. :)

Ha ha!

I hope the cd is delayed till after the movie comes out just to piss people on here off.

I hope the CD release is canceled entirely just to piss people off. That would be so awesome.

I ain't your bro.

Ha ha!

I ain't your bro.

What? Mama hasn't told you yet?

Ha ha!

I ain't your bro.

What? Mama hasn't told you yet?

About what? My bro? She's told me enough! She told me you killed him!

NO, he is your father, and a muslim, and a Christian, and a jew.

Just because there not under any "obligation" doesn't meant they should be holding out untill the last minute.Seems like a disorganised operation.

. Is it possible that the French review and transcriptions are fake?

Not likely,it's a printed film magazine

They did, however, seriously misspell and misrepresent the music. "Irina's Theme" cannot possibly be in the assigned clef, and I'm also not too sure about the bass line for the Skull motif ...

This could simply be a matter of typographical errors, but even so, it still seems a little sloppy.

The score isn't being released until the 20th so that might explain why there isn't any track times.

Isn't Concord a small family-run business somewhere in the Midwest?

Maybe they're pressing like 5,000 CDs and call it good!

:lol:

The record company is just following the general policy of secrecy that has surrounded this film from the start. And they are doing it despite it might be bad marketing on one hand as it is also very good marketing on the other. It is not like we get so pissed that we won't buy it when it comes out. We are all on the edge of our seats despite the lack of info on track times or sleeve notes, CD graphics layout etc. We have just gotten used to the instant information flow the internet usually provides. This is like back in the day before any internet. We only have to wait patiently.

The record company is just following the general policy of secrecy that has surrounded this film from the start. And they are doing it despite it might be bad marketing on one hand as it is also very good marketing on the other. It is not like we get so pissed that we won't buy it when it comes out. We are all on the edge of our seats despite the lack of info on track times or sleeve notes, CD graphics layout etc. We have just gotten used to the instant information flow the internet usually provides. This is like back in the day before any internet. We only have to wait patiently.

Huh, you talk like a lawyer! :lol:

But are you serious? All I'm asking for at this point are the track times! They willingly released the track names a few weeks ago plus 2 trailers and 2 TV spots and the plotline (part of it anyway) on their official site, so why can't Concord music release the track times? Besides, the French apparently have their own promo CD already, and have reviewed it!

Well yes we could do with some track times about now but I guess they desperately want to prevent this score from leaking too early. I am sure we will have some of the major film music sites posting reviews any day now and maybe then we can get those track times which the French reviewer was so oblivious about and which we are all so impatiently waiting for. :lol:

(...)

Besides, the French apparently have their own promo CD already, and have reviewed it!

They probably reviewed the discarded version of the score which is being rewritten as we speak since it wasn't approved during the test screenings by the public not accustomed to the old-fashioned sound of it (like in the case of "Troy").

(...)

Besides, the French apparently have their own promo CD already, and have reviewed it!

They probably reviewed the discarded version of the score which is being rewritten as we speak since it wasn't approved during the test screenings by the public not accustomed to the old-fashioned sound of it (like in the case of "Troy").

Uncool bro. :lol:

Yeah. The tone is inappropriate. The test screening audience was correct for throwing out Troy.

The test screening audience was correct for throwing out Troy.

So I've heard, although I wish Yared had at least been given the opportunity earlier on to make changes to his approach. (Insert Ford Thaxon remark about business reality. Next.)

Yeah. The tone is inappropriate. The test screening audience was correct for throwing out Troy.

I share that opinion.. it is really great music but I can't imagine it being in that movie.. but there are some places where the hornerscore seems also to be out of place... at tzhe beginning.. or when we see archilles for the first time...

The test screening audience was correct for throwing out Troy.

So I've heard, although I wish Yared had at least been given the opportunity earlier on to make changes to his approach. (Insert Ford Thaxon remark about business reality. Next.)

Oh, I think that Yared was put in a terrible position there. I'm not blaming him, and the music is certainly marvelous. But the fact remains, that it would not be a good score for Wolfgang Peterson's Troy.

Isn't it strange that the record company releasing this album has posted absolutely no information about it on its website? It's being released in two weeks -- probably sooner if it's released on iTunes.

Ted

Just because there not under any "obligation" doesn't meant they should be holding out untill the last minute.Seems like a disorganised operation.

Yes of course..... ;)

We all know this is going to be released. We'll all hear it then. We seem to have plenty to talk about until that day. I will not begrudge the table scraps I don't get. It is something of a relief to not know everything before something happens. The simplicity of 'let's wait and see' appeals to me.

I for one I'm kinda glad how most things about this movie are being so well kept. Like Mikko said, it's like the days before the Internet. Everything about this Indy movie is nostalgi, even the soundtrack release.

I for one I'm kinda glad how most things about this movie are being so well kept. Like Mikko said, it's like the days before the Internet. Everything about this Indy movie is nostalgi, even the soundtrack release.

Yes, SO nostalgic, that it will also be only 45 minutes long! ;)

Yes, SO nostalgic, that it will also be only 45 minutes long! ;)

In the words of Obi-wan Kenobi: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOO!!!!!!!!!" ~ SW TPM Episode 1

I only hope the Jungle Chase features action writing on par with Horner's "The Train."

Ted

Only parts of it were Williams, and those parts still kicked ass. The second Zorro score is one of the most enjoyable albums of recent years, as well as the last Horner score I listened to more than once.

Only parts of it were Williams, and those parts still kicked ass. The second Zorro score is one of the most enjoyable albums of recent years, as well as the last Horner score I listened to more than once.

I like it too. I prefer it to the original, which draged a little bit IMO. On the other hand I listened to the sequel first.

The Train is a phenomenal cue from a very good score. Too bad the movie wasn't much good.

Ted

maybe it will be like Munich and Terminal, true fan favorites.

maybe it will be like Munich and Terminal, true fan favorites.

Terminal had a fine, entertaining score. I wouldn't mind some 50s-like jazz cue in KotCS.

Or perhaps it will sound like Williams' output of the past 10 years.

Some very good moments scattered thru out the score with the end credit suite probably being the hi-light with a new recording of the Raider's march and Marion's theme but in the end the listener realizes that Williams doesn't compose in the same style he did for the original films.

I certainly hope people would understand Williams doesn't compose in the same style as he did 20 years ago or for the original films. It would safe this MB from tons of unbelievably bitter and sarcastic posts. Stop wishing for 80's compositional style revival and embrace the full power of the new JW style!