Williams music on Disney rides

I have a few mp3s of the Williams music of the Star Tours and Indy rides at Disneyland/World from this and this albums. They sound different from the originals to me. Does anyone know whether they are rerecordings or mere edits? If you want to hear them....you know what to do....:)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're definitely re-recordings, but I can only tell that because I know the originals by heart. I have that Star Wars Vault which featured the Star Tours audio, and it's definitely not an edit of the original soundtrack, if that's what you're wondering...

Thanks. That makes em even cooler. I thought they did sound different, but the tempo and spirit was pretty darn well equal to the originals...at least to me. Love the Indy stuff...:)

As I recall, composer Richard Bellis arranged and conducted the Star Tours and IJ/Temple of The Forbidden Eye music, in addition to writing original music for the attractions (e.g., the commercials for the various Star Wars locales played in the queue).

As I recall, composer Richard Bellis arranged and conducted the Star Tours and IJ/Temple of The Forbidden Eye music, in addition to writing original music for the attractions (e.g., the commercials for the various Star Wars locales played in the queue).

Interesting. ;) Thanks for the info!

Btw, the Indy Epic Stunt Spectacular is pretty similar (I believe they use some of the same recordings) to the Forbidden Eye stuff, except its longer at 8 minutes.

Interesting. ;) Thanks for the info!

No problem!

Btw, the Indy Epic Stunt Spectacular is pretty similar (I believe they use some of the same recordings) to the Forbidden Eye stuff, except its longer at 8 minutes.

Bellis worked on the music for the Indy Epic Stunt Spectacular as well. From the Filmography page of Richard Bellis' official site:

Theme Parks and Rides

Indiana Jones Adventure — The Ride, Disneyland

Alien Encounter, Walt Disney World

Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Disneyland,WDW

Star Tours, All Disney Parks

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Disney, Japan

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, MGM Studio Tour, WDW

Motors Stunt Spectacular, WDW, Paris

Mexico Pavilion, WDW EPCOT

China Pavilion, WDW, EPCOT

A Bug’s Life Disney, California Adventure

Railway Station, BGM Disney, Japan

Countdown to Extinction, WDW

GLA Fountain, Disney, Hong Kong

Apparently lots of unreleased music from The Lost World plays at some amusement park.

And I heard "Liberty Fanfare" at California Adventures. Funny, as I believe it was written for the Statue of Liberty in New York.

Apparently lots of unreleased music from The Lost World plays at some amusement park.

And I heard "Liberty Fanfare" at California Adventures. Funny, as I believe it was written for the Statue of Liberty in New York.

The queue and background music loops heard in and around the Soarin' Over California (California Adventure) and Soarin' (EPCOT) attractions were discussed here not too long ago. Several Williams cues are featured including "Liberty Fanfare", as you pointed out.

I provided a complete listing of the various film music/concert pieces heard in these loops, along with their sources:

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry400562

• 2 years later...

I have a question, probably for Datameister. What is the best, cheapest (legal) source for the (hopefully) complete Disneyland Indy Adventure Richard Bellis score? I also would like the Star Tours track without the dialogue. I have the recent Four Parks/One World WDW soundtrack with Star Tours and the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. The stunt show music is edited, but it's the most complete release I know of. Star Tours has dialogue at the beginning and the end. It looks like maybe my best bet for the Indy ride is this Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth CD? The real one I want for specifically those tracks is probably one of these rare OOP import CDs going for insane prices.

Just my kind of topic! :rolleyes: Both the Indiana Jones and Star Tours scores are typically presented (almost) in their entirety on all recent Disneyland soundtracks. Unfortunately, I don't know of any sources for the Star Tours track without that dialogue at the beginning and end, but the Indy music is always presented music-only. It's missing a stinger from TOD's "The Walls Come Down", as well as a unique statement of Short Round's theme used in one of the possible opening scenes, and none of Richard Bellis's original newsreel music is included, but pretty much all of the ride score is there. Doesn't really matter which CD you buy, as long as the track is there - it's the same every time. The Happiest Celebration on Earth album indeed includes that track, so it's probably your best bet. I have that CD, and it's not as comprehensive as some of the other sets Disney has released, but you won't find a better (official) presentation of the music than the one there.

Hope this helps!

I guess I'll have to get that Celebration CD. Thanks.

I like Bellis' takes on SW and Indy. I wonder if they'll have him do the new version(s) of Star Tours.

The real holy grail is the music Williams actually composed for E.T. Adventure. Outside of a poor quality recording of one of the cues, the only place to hear that stuff currently is Universal Studios Florida (or videos on YouTube) and even there, it's like they've got the music all turned down nowadays.

I agree, Bellis did a nice job. I actually got familiar with his adaptations of the Indy material before I got familiar with the full original scores, so when I finally got the latter, it was a little bit of a "where's Waldo?" experience with all the bits and pieces from the ride. :rolleyes: I was already familiar with Star Wars, though.

Same story with me, only in this case it was the stunt show when MGM opened. That was the first of Indiana Jones I'd ever seen or heard. So his music is not only a nostalgic thing, it's also pretty important to me personally. That show contributed to my Indy fandom.