Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

Damn. I was hoping that track list would have led to something cool for TOD. Guess not. Tired of all these damn edits people do and pass them off as the "real thing" or anything close to it. All those guys on FFSHRINE are full of that crap. Will the madness end? lol. Grr.

That's one thing I hate about the internet these days and places like FF Shrine. As scallenger said, people tend to pass fan made stuff as the real thing, even if they are riddled with DVD rips. Then it gets distributed as such or people tend to make their own "complete" version using someone else' set and claiming it as their own.

It's highly irritating most of the time.

here's the list and what tracks I be interested in, I'm wondering how they sound on blu ray. I really don't need any of those other tracks that were listed since most of those are basically sfx free already.

09 2m4 The Indian Village.

11 3m2 The Child Returns.

21 [First Ceremony Film Edit].

9m2 Willie In The Fryer [edit].

35 [The Rope Bridge].

alot of the unreleased cues from temple are pretty clean except The Child Returns the last part you hear crickets chriping,Willie In The Fryer has some torch waving sfx. But it could be different for the blu rays.

Hey! i must have missed something too, PM please or something? Thanks!

You gents are aware that you no longer need to find the unreleased music from rips right? ;)

Indeed, and what a wonderful gift on the eve of Lincoln's score! :)

Wait, what?? Did I miss something?

Ditto !

-- updated ---

Never mind, got it, what a treat!

Uhm, what?

Does anyone have the music that plays in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull when the camera is panning up the American flag and past it you can see the vehicles of the Soviet soldiers immediately after they kill the colonel outside of the base. It's all the way at the beginning of the movie past the Elvis music scene and is the first piece of John Williams music you hear in the entire film.

Does anyone have the music that plays in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull when the camera is panning up the American flag and past it you can see the vehicles of the Soviet soldiers immediately after they kill the colonel outside of the base. It's all the way at the beginning of the movie past the Elvis music scene and is the first piece of John Williams music you hear in the entire film.

You obviously didn't read the memo.

You obviously didn't read the memo.

What do you mean?

This was more what I was thinking with my question regarding unreleased and unclean ques from ToD. I would be interested to see a list of what tracks would only be available if session recordings, or some other source was found. Meaning the track is not available on CD (Concord, OST), and rips contain sound effects. For example I'm not aware of any version of 3m2 The Child Returns or 9m2 Willie In The Fryer that doesn't contain any sfx. This would be a quick way to check if any new found recordings are real.

here's the list and what tracks I be interested in, I'm wondering how they sound on blu ray. I really don't need any of those other tracks that were listed since most of those are basically sfx free already.

09 2m4 The Indian Village.

11 3m2 The Child Returns.

21 [First Ceremony Film Edit].

9m2 Willie In The Fryer [edit].

35 [The Rope Bridge].

I don't like Final Fantasy. It's stupid.

And that, is why you will not have anything from KOTCS ;)

Or Chamber of Secrets as of this evening!

How's everyone handling the Jungle Chase cues? I joined them all together based on a DVD rip, with the two versions of "Ugh, Vines" edited to match the OST. I want the score to be as complete as possible, but I'm considering leaving out some of the alternates when they aren't very different, and just trying to strike the right balance there.

"The Jungle Chase Begins" - cut off 1 sec silence at beginning; use remaining 3:25

"Irena's Great Blade" - overlay entire 2:29 of track at 3:16

"Ugh, Vines" - overlay first 1:49 of track at 5:35

"Ugh, Vines (Revised)" - cut off first 0:18 of track; overlay the rest at 7:22. Crossfade using OST edit as example. Add 1.5 seconds of silence at end to match OST

I also combined "The Wedding" and "Finale" as on the OST, and I'm considering doing the same with the three sequential "Orellana's Cradle" tracks.

What I have is:

- One full 9:18 minute Jungle Chase track

- 2:09 long The Jungle Chase (Film Ending) as bonus track

I did remove some of the alternates. These are the ones I kept:

38 - Gunpowder and Shotgun Shells (Original Opening)

39 - Eyes of the Skull (Alternate)

40 - The Jungle Chase (Film Ending)

I edited the alternate beginning to "The City of Gold" to the beginning of the normal track, so that it contains both.

I edited the Russians Reappear tracks all together onto the end of "Orellana's Cradle" as on the OST, but extended with the alternates.

I haven't mixed my own disk, but am just loving the music. I was pretty disappointed with the OST, in that it was missing so much good music. i found myself constantly saying, "wait, where's this piece of music, or where's that piece of music"....."i can't find the music that plays during the escape from area 51", etc. What a treasure to now have it. Really happy with it.

I have an entirely different (better) opinion of this score now, having heard it in full. THIS is why complete scores should be released!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just doing some re-editing of some TOD tracks from the Concord disc and while listening Slave Children's Crusade I heard for the first time a noticable change in quality in the last second of it. I slipped in the old Polydor release of TOD and listened to the same track and it's there as well.

It sounds like the track was originally meant to be longer, going into "Short Round helps". Have I only just noticed something everyone else knows?

It sort of reminds me of the ending of Harry's Wondrous World on the COS soundtrack with the separately recorded ending. Maybe the very end was revised and put together editorially.

• 4 months later...

Has anybody here checked the Blu-ray releases for any of the still missing cues in the rear channels? I'm listening to them right now, and I think there could be some SFX-free stuff in there. Is there an overview of the missing stuff INCLUDING timecodes for the movies? The indianajonesmusic.com overview just has a list without them.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Combing through the foreign language tracks of the Last Crusade BD, it looks like we have these without sfx (still some hiss) now:

4m1 X Marks the Spot Film Version Insert and unreleased ending

9m3 Palace Source

Also 1m3 Circus Organ Sweetener no longer has the "Come on, get 'em" dialogue over top.

23 hours ago, Fal J. M. Skywalker said:

Combing through the foreign language tracks of the Last Crusade BD, it looks like we have these without sfx (still some hiss) now:

4m1 X Marks the Spot Film Version Insert and unreleased ending

9m3 Palace Source

Also 1m3 Circus Organ Sweetener no longer has the "Come on, get 'em" dialogue over top.

That's great news. Would love to hear any unreleased music that in the past  was riddled with sfx.

I thought I heard once that the German release of ROTS has several scenes where the rear channels don't have any dialogue echo (such as during the "tragedy of Darth Plagueis" scene). I've never been able to test that out myself though.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:57 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

I thought I heard once that the German release of ROTS has several scenes where the rear channels don't have any dialogue echo (such as during the "tragedy of Darth Plagueis" scene). I've never been able to test that out myself though.

they did have echo .i think it was only Plan for the Twins that had acceptable sound quality

10 hours ago, King Mark said:

they did have echo .i think it was only Plan for the Twins that had acceptable sound quality

I remember someone specifically saying Palpatine's Big Pitch. I'm not sure if they said the DVD or Blu-Ray though...

• 7 months later...

Did anyone have that list of what speed to adjust each track in the Concord Indy box for Raiders and Temple of Doom? Seems like the first post on this thread used to have them, but they were removed... but I'm sure I've seen a breakdown somewhere on JWFan in the past.

• 1 year later...

Just finished going through the 4K 7.1 Last Crusade rear channels, seems to be pretty similarly mixed as the previous 5.1 mix was, with some minor differences (I think), but the music sounds clearer if I am not mistaken.

On to the sides!

EDIT: Nothing really of note in the sides :(

4 hours ago, Permanent Waves said:

Just finished going through the 4K 7.1 Last Crusade rear channels, seems to be pretty similarly mixed as the previous 5.1 mix was, with some minor differences (I think), but the music sounds clearer if I am not mistaken.

On to the sides!

Does the music itself, like the March insert for the revised plane chase ending, sound any better?

6 hours ago, Permanent Waves said:

On to the sides!

Sounds like they just converted the existing music stem (likely stereo) to Atmos. ie, the laziest possible option.

That erroneous double-music issue at the start of the blimp sequence is still present also (sounds like the cue is playing twice over itself, seconds apart). Has that always been there?