Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

The cue begins with Vogel & Co. walking right by an "undercover" Kazim, right? My own theory is that Williams didn't know Vogel's name, and privately called him "Max," a stereotypical way to refer to a random German, and not uncommon a few generations back.

The cue begins with Vogel & Co. walking right by an "undercover" Kazim, right? My own theory is that Williams didn't know Vogel's name, and privately called him "Max," a stereotypical way to refer to a random German, and not uncommon a few generations back.

i thought it was 'Hans' the generic german name.

Actually, the more common slang was "Fritz." In media of the period, I don't ever recall "Hans" being used as a flippant or derogatory way to refer to a German ... too soft and cuddly sounding. ;) But I suppose it might have been.

That is more plausible than my theory.

Actually, the more common slang was "Fritz." In media of the period, I don't ever recall "Hans" being used as a flippant or derogatory way to refer to a German ... too soft and cuddly sounding. :P But I suppose it might have been.

I dont really know for sure. Now that you mention it Fritz sound more fmailiar.

But i still think in some Expanded universe media Indy calls the Nazis 'Hans' at least some times. Fritz also i think. or was it in WWII games...

Hey, on a different note - would anyone be willing to PM me instructions on how to install BeSweet and BeSure in such a way that they work properly for transcoding files ripped with SmartRipper? I've got all three working just fine on my main computer, but I did the installation years ago, back when there was still a guide on this site. Now, when I try to install them on another computer, SmartRipper does just fine, but BeSure doesn't transcode the files. I hit Go, and it immediately tells me encoding is finished, without the black box popping up at all, and no WAV files show up on my computer. Highly annoying. Thanks in advance!

I have this same problem. I think it's a problem with SmartRipper, as I can't play the VOB files it rips. No idea how to fix that.

I know it's not an issue with SmartRipper for me - I ripped a bunch of audio a week ago on my other computer, and while I couldn't transcode the VOB files on that computer, BeSure didn't have a problem with them once I brought them over to my other computer. So I'm pretty sure it's BeSure (and/or BeSweet) that's causing my problem.

Same thing happened to me the last time I reinstalled all that stuff, and now I can't remember how I fixed it.

So I hear that Raiders' "Escaping the Pit" was leaked in high quality...would anyone happen to be willing to share the file with me? I have the old, hissy "The Mummy Cave" boot, but not the nice version. EDIT: Actually, if that's in the Raiders editing package, never mind. ::checks:: EDIT 2: Yep, never mind! I am a happy man. :)

Hey, on a different note - would anyone be willing to PM me instructions on how to install BeSweet and BeSure in such a way that they work properly for transcoding files ripped with SmartRipper? I've got all three working just fine on my main computer, but I did the installation years ago, back when there was still a guide on this site. Now, when I try to install them on another computer, SmartRipper does just fine, but BeSure doesn't transcode the files. I hit Go, and it immediately tells me encoding is finished, without the black box popping up at all, and no WAV files show up on my computer. Highly annoying. Thanks in advance!

Do you have the Lame dll in your BeSweet file?

Here's what Datameister sent me about the TLC boot quality:

Sinister Visitors: vol 2 [-2.076%]

Holy Grail: Crusade Old [-1.471%]

Beneath the Floors: crusade old [-1.3959%]

discussing the book: new crusade

6m3: new crusade

9m2 new ending: current editing package [-1.446%]

fix for bar 65: "11_22 Indy's Fanfare #3" New Last Crusade [-3.3%]

penitent man: new crusade

unused indiana jones fanfare: #2 on New Last Crusade

Crusade Old = the ones in the editing package

Vol 2 = the ones I would have used in the initial release of the editing packages

New Last Crusade = files Maxxie (I believe) sent me

Do you have the Lame dll in your BeSweet file?

lame_enc.dll? Yes, it's there on both computers. However, as I was checking, I noticed that my other computer - the one where it's not working - doesn't have vobinput.dll or borlndmm.dll. Could either or both of those create problem?

I fixed the BeSure problem.

Make sure you download vobinput.dll and borlndmm.dll and extract them to the BeSweet folder. (I suppose it's possible that only one is necessary...my guess would be vobinput.dll. But I did both, just to be safe.)

Indeed. Those two files take a few seconds to download, and no installation is required. BeSure went from not being able to convert the VOBs at all to working perfectly for me...it's worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm.... I am not sure if I am excited for this game. I really hope it will be released on the X-BOX 360, or the Playstation 3, for that matter. Favorite of mine that the Wii is, there are just some games that should not be made for it, and this seems to be one of them.

Hm.... I am not sure if I am excited for this game. I really hope it will be released on the X-BOX 360, or the Playstation 3, for that matter. Favorite of mine that the Wii is, there are just some games that should not be made for it, and this seems to be one of them.

what?? why a game isn't just about graphics. the wiimote if handeled well by the developers, must be the best way of whipping guns out of others people hands.

If the gameplay is right count me in!

butas it stands on mixnmojo, I believe that the PS3/XBOX360 were cancelled (after all the trouble the production went!) and that just the third party versions are released. originally it was planned as a multiplatform release for all the concoles and not the PC. Like The Force Unleashed

It won't be released for next gen, it makes no sense after that trailer

and who cares for the game if it contains uhhm. mabey the complete Indiana Jones TOD End Credits?? :D

what?? why a game isn't just about graphics.

Never once did I say that, nor did I imply that. In fact, if one were to read a bit further, one would notice that I said that the Wii is my favorite (current) system. I was just really looking forward to playing with those Euphoria and DigitalMolecularMatter engines... I will still play the game, though, regardless.

New Indy Game on the way, this spring:

Wii, PS2, PSP, DS

It even used unreleased/ot on the album music from Indy 4 in the trailer: watch..who knows what will be in the game

Looks f*cking horrible! Hope there's unreleased music though.

Why oh why don't they make the game for PC too? That's a bit useless, really.

Hoping for unreleased music though, but I wouldn't actually mind a good new score specifically written for the game.

I think Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb by Clint Bajakian was pretty darn good.

Wii, PS2, PSP, DS

It even used unreleased/ot on the album music from Indy 4 in the trailer: watch..who knows what will be in the game

Cant you discern a CGI video promo? That's not actual footage at all, neither actual CGI cutscenes. Its just a montage from several setting the game will gave.

And if its actual video, well its excellent for the DS... :)

So that have cancelled the ps3.xbox game?

Maybe they are making one new different game. But damn, the novel MacGregor was writing was the novelisation of this game :/

Because of rampant piracy. Most games aren't being made for PC anymore because developers believe/know people will just illegally download the game once it is released. Shame really.

Because of rampant piracy. Most games aren't being made for PC anymore because developers believe/know people will just illegally download the game once it is released. Shame really.

well in fact it is like that.. you don't go to a market and find a PC game to be sold out, like it was 5 years ago. with console it is an other thing

If they react to piracy like what I've read Rockstar did to GTA 4 for PC (DRM, poor performance, multiple online accounts needed - none of that required to play a cracked version), I'm not surprised.

Wii, PS2, PSP, DS

Cant you discern a CGI video promo? That's not actual footage at all, neither actual CGI cutscenes. Its just a montage from several setting the game will gave.

And if its actual video, well its excellent for the DS... :lol:

Hey, all I said was that it looks f*cking horrible. I didn't specify whether "it" was gameplay footage or a prerendered cutscene. Your defense of Lucas knows no bounds. Would you rush to the aid of Super Bombad Racing were its reputation imperiled?

Hey, all I said was that it looks f*cking horrible. I didn't specify whether "it" was gameplay footage or a prerendered cutscene. Your defense of Lucas knows no bounds. Would you rush to the aid of Super Bombad Racing were its reputation imperiled?

I am sorry, I just vomited on my keyboard. Let me rephrase that.

Hey, all I said was that it looks f*cking horrible. I didn't specify whether "it" was gameplay footage or a prerendered cutscene. Your defense of Lucas knows no bounds. Would you rush to the aid of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic were its reputation imperiled?

Yes, I would defend it with my life.

And I do not view Luke's comments as "Lucas defense". He, like I, just does not see the point of criticising a game without seeing actual game footage. On that note, though, I do concur with your opinion of that trailer, Henry. I hope they use a different voice actor....

well in fact it is like that.. you don't go to a market and find a PC game to be sold out, like it was 5 years ago. with console it is an other thing

I suppose that is why PC games devalue so quickly. A new game today will cost $40 or $50, but in a year, it will cost less than half of that. In three or four years, depending on how many repackagings it has gone through, it may cost $10 to $20 at Walmart. All in an attempt to making the purchase of the game more attractive to those who would otherwise pirate it, or have already pirated it, they can now buy it cheaply. Since the console systems are much, much harder to pirate for the average schmuck, they stay expensive longer, with the exception of some seasonal games which devalue when the new version comes out (the EA Sports games, for example). Plus with all of the DRM used on games, it's become a deterrent against buying games used on eBay or other places, not knowing if the code has already been used to activate it online, making your copy worthless until you find a legit code.

I plan on getting TFU for Wii, when it drops below $50, and Civ IV for PC, once they bundle the main game with its two expansions, but neither has happened yet.

Ah, OK. I agree its substandard CGI.

BTW, you always resort to the 'Lucas defense' cliché for me...You seem to forget i spent from Aug 2008 to Jan 2009 with a Lucasbashing signature... ;)

Now really... the trailer has several officially unreleased tidbits from KOTCS.

There has not been talk of a recorded score anywhere.

So there is a (strong?) possiblility that they will do like many Star Wars games and use pre-existent material for it :P

Lets hope they dont use any Young Chronicles...

Does anyone know if there a composer (Clint Bajakian perhaps?) attached to this project?

Personally I wouldn't mind another score of the same quality as Emperor's Tomb.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind more unreleased music leaking either.

Wasn't sure where to put this but The Digital Bits recently posted that the Indiana Jones movies will get a Blu-Ray release later this year. That only mean that the Star Wars Saga set is right behind it.

More details and first screens from the game here:

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_games.php?id=1021

The graphics look awful, almost like a N64 game, still since it seems this is probably a proyect with a low budget (I doubt they'll record a new score) we might get some unreleased music.

E. Gadd! The Wii is capable of so much more than that! I thought LucasArts was supposed to be "ahead of the game" when it came to technology!

EDIT: Whoa, you can unlock Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis! I might rent this game....

Henry, I think it's worth mentioning in the first post that the beginning of "Knowledge Was Their Treasure" is available cleanly in the audio of one of the special features on the second disc, as is a clean ending for the wedding cue.

Do you know specifically where? I've got a cue to alter if I can get hold of it :mrgreen:

What have we done to be so tortured with all these unreleased snippets. I can just picture that computer with the recording sessions sitting on it, and Lucas sitting there with no intention to sell it to us... grrr.

I can't remember which one it is...probably "Closing: Team Indy." It's right at the very beginning of the featurette, and it's only a few seconds before Spielberg starts talking, but it's definitely a very clean opening. What initially seems aggravating is the fact that the cue continues playing in the background for a little while, but since it's just in stereo, not 5.1, you can't separate it from the dialogue. Most annoying.

BUT.

Big "but." If you're using Audacity, hit Split Stereo Track. Duplicate the portion with dialogue for both channels. [EDIT: Very important! Switch the duplicated left channel from left to right, and switch the duplicated right channel from right to left.] Use Effect>Invert both duplicated copies. And the dialogue will mysteriously vanish, leaving a lot more clean audio. There's somewhat of a drop in sound quality, unfortunately - it doesn't make it switch to mono, but it sounds sort of like that.

If you're talking about the dialogue removal, I totally forgot a very, very important step. I'm about to edit my post to reflect it. It does work, I promise! =D

Datameister your MessageBox is full!

can you send me the snippet of the doc. you were talking about WITH dialogue please?

Yeah, it won't let me archive the messages, and I don't want to delete any more messages. Technically, I'm not even here...I'm trying to avoid posting much at all these days, but this seemed like a very relevant piece of information and I didn't want to rudely keep it to myself. It is indeed the "Closing: Team Indy" featurette, and it should be relatively easy to find with SmartRipper. You just have to find the "angle" that matches the length of the featurette (3:45, at least for region 1).