Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

Indies feats is Desert Chase right? if so, I believe the DCC raiders has the complete cue, where the Concord and oriiginal album have the edit.

Ah, yes. I forgot I had those DCC tracks. There's also better spacing between each cue. I wonder why the Concord album contained the edited down version. Shame the DCC didn't include anything else unreleased.

I knew about that one, and the clean ending for Washington Ending but I didn't know the DCC contained the correct version of the Desert Chase music.

I knew about that one, and the clean ending for Washington Ending but I didn't know the DCC contained the correct version of the Desert Chase music.

?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

You didnt notice the awful edits on the Concorde?

?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

You didnt notice the awful edits on the Concorde?

Of course I noticed - since these edits are also existent on the Fake Concord Leak disc - I just wasn't aware of the DCC CD containing the full versions of all three Desert Chase cues.

That's a slightly complicated proposition, because the material from the Lego games is all chunks of cues, and those all have to be completed with DVD rip material. I'm working on it, though.

That is true, but it can get patchy, such as in the case of the "Doom Town" cue, which is mostly in the Lego files, but is missing a clean beginning and ending, and has a fade off where there is a pause, making a rather awkward moment. As I revisit it, it seems as though there may be a bit of editing there anyway, but from what we have, the DVD rip, though it has some ambience, is needed to complete the cue. Right now I'm going back through my edit and finally integrating the Lego material. I will probably give alternate directions for those who want to avoid DVD material.

Did any of the material from Spalko's introduction turn up? I'm not finding it, but I almost feel like it might have...

Not entirely, the intro and outtro yes, but the actual scene with spalko talking to indy and reading his mind is clean, except for some minor distortion artifacts

I recorded the audio* with AC3filter and MediaPlayerClassic, while removing the voices/center channel all in realtime, then I re-expanded the stereo field to make it mesh with the rest of the score, I used it for my edit.

*Do not worry, it was to WAV

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am ripping the Documentaries on the bonus disc for the Indy trilogy, and there are some unreleased pieces for TLC, will check for stuff from TOD and ROTLA.

Before we get enthusiastic; SFX-less?

...SFXless yes, but some distortion from the vocal removal, and they have to be expanded to fake stereo.

Indies feats is Desert Chase right? if so, I believe the DCC raiders has the complete cue, where the Concord and oriiginal album have the edit.

It's the.. Third part of Desert Chase i think. I'd have to check the sheet music to be sure.

Desert chase is made up of:

9M1 Indie in Pursuit

9M1A Truck Chase

9MBC Indie's Feats

As said before, the DCC CD is the only one with all three cues in complete form. And for those of us who prefer to separate the cues out there's enoughspacing between each cue to do a decent faked ending for each cue using the partial clean ending of each.

Instead of going through 31 pages of Indy music pages I'll just ask the question.

What tracks do I need to make a full film version of the ending to TOD and where will I find those tracks?

D5-T12 Return To The Village / Raiders March - all of it

DVD rip of the start of the End Credits

D2-T22 End Credits - 0:32-end

Of course, only the rear channels of the DVD rip have the music SFX-less, but as you know rear channels are pretty notorious for being poor quality in comparison to the CD audio.The only possible exception is if there is a Blu-Ray rip out there. Some of us just use the Royal Philharmonic recording for that missing bit - but that's if you're doing an edit which calls for clean openings and endings to each cue.

D5-T12 Return To The Village / Raiders March - all of it

DVD rip of the start of the End Credits

D2-T22 End Credits - 0:32-end

And how long is the required DVD rip?

Could the HD broadcast's be ripped?

I don't think that's the issue - it's concerned with the actual mix. With KotCS we got really lucky, as the music is mixed really loud and clear in the rear channels. Most DVDs I've seen are mixed so that the music is fairly echoey in the rear, and usually also missing some of the mix.

I was wondering if HD broadcats were mixed in 6.1 and higher, or if they were mixed the way they are on DVD.

HD broadcasts aren't broadcast over 5.1 and the audio is never lossless. It's compressed dolby digital, same as the DVD.

HD broadcasts most certainly are in 5.1!

They are lossy, though, like you say. No reason to seek them out. The blurays will be useful though, as they are lossless

• 1 year later...

Interesting to see there's been no discussion in this thread as of late...! :)

Is nobody planning to splice together all the separate cues from KOTCS into a proper complete score?

Interesting to see there's been no discussion in this thread as of late...! :)

Is nobody planning to splice together all the separate cues from KOTCS into a proper complete score?

KOTCS Complete cue list

Some really interesting revisions and alternates:

Williams wrote no less than three totally different versions of "Staring down the Skull".

The first version of "Revisiting the Ark" used more of the ark theme.

The original version of "The Departure" didn't use the Call of the Crystal theme at the end.

And it seems like the OST used a combination of both versions of "Ugh, Vines" for "The Jungle Chase".

That cue list is slightly wrong by the way - The OST track Orellana's Cradle is actually made up of:

0:00-2:28 is from 3m27BR "Orellana's Cradle"

2:28-3:39 is from 3m27F "Saucer Men"

3:39-end is from 3m28R "Hello Jonesy"

And yes, the track "Irina's Theme" on the OST is just an edit of 3 film cues:

1m4NR "Irina Spalko"

7m56 "Finale"

3m28v2 "Russians Reappear (version 2)"

He did later write a real Irina's Theme concert arrangement but it's only been played in concert.

And it's also interesting to note that the OST track "The Jungle Chase" uses SOME but not ALL of the revised 5m40 insert.

There is no official recording, like I said it's only been played in concerts

Unofficially there are a million versions on youtube