Star Wars OT Soundtracks question

pieta97

Hi!

I haven't posted here in a while, but I have a question regarding the best version of the Original Star Wars Trilogy Complete Soundtracks. I have the following versions, which set is the best for SOUND QUALITY?

The Large Trilogy Box set from the mid 90's with the extra disc of alternate cues, etc.

The 1997 SE set with the gold/silver/bronse 20th anniv. logos for each film.

The 2004 re-release with the silver vader box to go with the DVD Trilogy release.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, it differs from track to track...

and the 1997/2004 versions are pretty much the same, for all intents and purposes.

you should get the 2 disc mid 80's release of the Star Wars original soundtrack, its great, course the 1997 version is far more complete, but as a listening experience this one is really great. It was my 2nd ever cd(could be 3rd, I got Close Encounter and Star Wars at the same time, my first was Tears for Fears featuring Shout, and Everybody want to Rule the World).

The Anthology does have the best sound in terms for quality and mixing wise for the Original Trilogy scores. All though it is incomplete. I personally have made my own edits for all three scores using the Anthology material wherever I could. Of course I had to use cues from the RCA sets which was okay. To me they sound better than the RCA/Sony sets.

By the way don't bother with the Sony sets if you can't track down the RCA versions. Sony's are just the exact same copies from the RCA sets. I have both sets including the Anthology release. I however didn't dupe and buy the re-release of the OT set that had the original poster art for the covers and box that came out last year I believe.

The Jedi disc of my Anthology was stolen from a friends car. :lol:

Such a shame, that's why I don't take my discs anywhere with me and why I don't lend friends my CD's.

I got rid of my original Star Wars 2 disc set when the Anthology was released.

I thought about it but I love that original 2 disk set and decided it was worth keeping, indeed its the one I listen to most.

I have the Anthology and the '97 SEs. I think mostly I listen to the SEs (Ewok Celebration aside). I like the Anthology material a lot, but some of it baffles me, like my favourite track of the whole saga, the ESB Finale (aka The Rebel Fleet), the last notes of which (i.e. the wipe to end credits bit) sound mistimed. And the other cut of that on the album is paired with the ROTJ credits, if I remember correctly.