The Official Pop and Rock Music thread

Quintus

I've heard Barry Gibb's first solo album in decades (and since his brothers passed) a fair few times recently and the title track seemed bland at first but it's really a grower with time, I quite like it. 

The second most prolific singer/songwriter ever has still got it. 

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

I've heard Barry Gibb's first solo album in decades (and since his brothers passed) a fair few times recently and the title track seemed bland at first but it's really a grower with time, I quite like it. 

The second most prolific singer/songwriter ever has still got it. 

Yeah, I like it, too.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Have you heard DOFP?

Bes. I need your help!

Since you are the French music expert, do you know what song that Albert Brooks sings ( in French), in BROADCAST NEWS? 

Also, a few years ago, I heard a French song, the rough translation of the title being A CHILD STANDING IN THE RAIN, 

WAITING FOR LOVE. Any ideas?

Btw, what do you think of both Jean Claude Vannier, and Gino Vannelli?

20 hours ago, Richard said:

Bes. I need your help!

Since you are the French music expert, do you know what song that Albert Brooks sings ( in French), in BROARDCAST NEWS? 

L'edition speciale" by Francis Cabrel

Epic really is a word inappropriately thrown around these days, but this still truly deserves it - the intro, the gradual build of invitation, yearning, the sheer longing, the almost tristan and isolde drama of it all, returning once more to the seed where it began, beautifully weaved. Given that this is music my Mother listened to, admitting that you liked this stuff never happened for years. I grew up.  It remains a special work 43 years on.

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Did anyone ever do a Top 10 of one's favourite artists in this thread's 61-page history?

I don't think so.  Start a new thread about it!

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Indeed it was.

OK, then. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Incidentally, my list would look more or less the same today, with just some minor changes.

Yeah, I saw that on Facebook earlier today.

Pretty neat, although you can tell he's very nervous and respectful. He pretty much tries to follow Waters' original phrasings without giving it much of his own.

It's already been 5 years since Waters and Gilmour teamed up for the last time -- at the O2 concert in London. I think it's time for another!

5 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Richard is a notorious Pink Floyd hater ever since he discovered the music of Boney M. 

I love this stuff, but I prefer RASPUTIN.

NIGHT FLIGHT TO VENUS is a great CD.

No, I'm not against either BC, or PF. I just don't like it when actors (who should know better) try to be rock stars.

It comes off as embarrassing. 

I have a total of 7 (*) different versions of CN, so, to say that I don't like PF, is...a mistake. In fact, THE WALL is my fave PF album, with ANIMALS coming a very close second, and AMLOR, taking bronze.

(*) 9, now. Thanks ;)

Let me explain.

For example:

THE FINAL CUT vs WHOS NEXT?

No contest.

IT'S HARD vs WISH YOU WERE HERE?

Think we all know the answer to that one.

Similarly, CODA vs DARK SIDE OF THE MOON...hmm?

but...IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR vs 

UMMMAGUMMA? I know what I'd rather listen to.