The Official Pop and Rock Music thread

Quintus

Love loads of Britishness Rock n Roll but never got the hype about the Who. Don't like Daltry's voice. 

Live at Leeds is no Live and Dangerous. 

I'd put LED Zep second only to the Beatles 

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

At least LIVE AT LEEDS is live, the Thin Lizzy album is...questionable.

I think the drums are live ?

Still one of my favourite albums of all time. 

Saw Oasis: Supersonic last night. 

Id be interested to see how this is received by non fans of the band I don't know if there's enough drama for the casual. It's the story of the band from inception to Knebworth. Loads of cool footage and Noel and Liam's modern interviews are funny as always. It's definitely a must for the hardcore. 

10 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Saw Oasis: Supersonic last night. 

Id be interested to see how this is received by non fans of the band I don't know if there's enough drama for the casual. It's the story of the band from inception to Knebworth. Loads of cool footage and Noel and Liam's modern interviews are funny as always. It's definitely a must for the hardcore. 

If I hadn't been enjoying the locally satirical comedy stylings of Mr Tim McGarry last night, I would probably have gone to this (think it was a 'for one night only' deal in cinemas).   

On an earlier discussion ... having seen The Who live twice in the last 3 years, I'd just like to say Daltrey and Townsend still rock like motherfuckers. 

1 hour ago, Sweeping Strings said:

If I hadn't been enjoying the locally satirical comedy stylings of Mr Tim McGarry last night, I would probably have gone to this (think it was a 'for one night only' deal in cinemas).   

On an earlier discussion ... having seen The Who live twice in the last 3 years, I'd just like to say Daltrey and Townsend still rock like motherfuckers. 

Its out on Bluray shortly anyway!

On 10/2/2016 at 5:16 PM, Koray Savas said:

The one and only #1:

I actually really like that song. Tempest is definitely my favorite Dylan album released this century.

That's a tough call. Modern Times might be mine, though I adore "Tin Angel." Both albums are top tier Dylan to me.

1. Modern Times

2. Tempest

3. Together Through Life

4. Love And Theft

5. Christmas In The Heart

6. Fallen Angels

7. Shadows In The Night

Very proud of my interview published on a Québécois Webzine today, about my Charles Aznavour website.

The french original version:

http://lesartsze.com/un-quebecois-plus-important-archiviste-de-loeuvre-charles-aznavour/

Here's the page in English, translated by Google.

The Quebecers Emanuel Champagne, the most important archivist of the work of Charles Aznavour.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Flesartsze.com%2Fun-quebecois-plus-important-archiviste-de-loeuvre-charles-aznavour%2F

Made a mix of some of my favorite songs of 1982. Gonna be listening to this one a lot today ;)

1. Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes

2. Haircut 100 - Love Plus One

3. ABC - Poison Arrow

4. Orange Juice - Rip It Up

5. Fun Boy Three - The Lunatics (Have Taken Over the Asylum)

6. The B-52’s - Mesopotamia

7. XTC - Senses Working Overtime

8. Squeeze - Black Coffee in Bed

9. Captain Sensible - Wot

10. The Jam - A Town Called Malice

11. Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy

12. Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Tropical Gangsters

13. The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky

9 hours ago, Richard said:

A-ha!

On 10/16/2016 at 3:51 PM, Stefancos said:

For most of my life I thought the lyric was "I guess the rain's down in Africa".  I only recently found out that I've been living under a delusion.  I mean, the rain could be in Africa, it's possible, you don't know that, who knows these things!