The Making of 'Jurassic Park'

earth_edge

There are a couple music cues used in the Making Of Jurassic Park video. Are they composed by John Williams or are they production music, like from Associated Production Music? If they're by John Williams, does anyone know where to find them?

There is a jaunty cue that sounds like it's Williams and could be unused JP music.

anyone knows?

That is from an early William Ross score.

You have some reference for that? There is a very florishing cue in the Jack Horner explanation scene, which definately sounds like Williams, but is not released.

Weird. Just the other day I was watching this doc and wondered who'd composed that. It has also appeared in episodes of Spongebob Squarepants!

By the way, it has always reminded me of the music that used to accompany the A & E Channel's logo at the end of a program.

Weird. Just the other day I was watching this doc and wondered who'd composed that. It has also appeared in episodes of Spongebob Squarepants!

By the way, it has always reminded me of the music that used to accompany the A & E Channel's logo at the end of a program.

If it was played on Spongebob, then it should be from the Associated Production Music website.

William Ross is the next John Williams!

And Michael Giacchino is the next William Ross!

And Chris Tilton is the next Michael Giacchino!!!!

I actually never heard Puccini was of influence on Korngold's writing, but it could be possible (especially for the aria's).

I don't know that much Puccini, but at times there's a strong influence. Le Villi sounds like it was a source for some ideas in Robin Hood, just like Der Rosenkavalier reminds me of, as far as I recall, Sea Hawk.

• 9 months later...
I've always wondered about that. There is a jaunty cue that sounds like it's Williams and could be unused JP music.

Can anybody give the exact time? :lol:

I've always wondered about that. There is a jaunty cue that sounds like it's Williams and could be unused JP music.

Can anybody give the exact time? :blink:

OK, so apparently no one can. :)

I just threw it out because I can't stand the sight of VHS tapes

Isn't that a bit rash? Oh, they may be a bit bulky, but I personally have a strong sense of nostalgia for the sight of VHSs on the shelf.

It is Williams, crumbs. :) It's the first part of an unreleased cue called "Hungry Raptor"; this part wasn't used in the film, but it would have scored the part when Ellie is chased out of the utility shed by the raptor. I believe the next scene is Muldoon hunting the raptor outside, and most of the rest of the cue plays beneath that, but the end isn't even heard in the film.

Aren't you guys talking about the End Credits Music of the making of?

it starts at 3:36 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEa10NLWFoA...feature=related

on the dvd it fades out.. I never heard it going on that long!

Wow, this is great! But I think this is some concert version JW hastily wrote, I can't imagine this music accompanying ANY scene in the movie...

How on earth would that underscore a T-Rex chasing a car, it sounds like Hook.

:blink:

Yes, that's the music for when Peter Pan fights Hook! :lol:

See my post above, guys. :blink:

It's the first part of an unreleased cue called "Hungry Raptor"; this part wasn't used in the film, but it would have scored the part when Ellie is chased out of the utility shed by the raptor. I believe the next scene is Muldoon hunting the raptor outside, and most of the rest of the cue plays beneath that, but the end isn't even heard in the film.

See my post above, guys. :blink:
It's the first part of an unreleased cue called "Hungry Raptor"; this part wasn't used in the film, but it would have scored the part when Ellie is chased out of the utility shed by the raptor. I believe the next scene is Muldoon hunting the raptor outside, and most of the rest of the cue plays beneath that, but the end isn't even heard in the film.

I wish you would give a source, and a source besides "me"... :lol: