RIP Stargate Atlantis, 2004-2009

Bryant Burnette

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrific show. Terrible news.

Only had half the lifespan of its predecessor. I remember Showtime cancelled SG-1 after five seasons, but the Sci-Fi Network picked it up for another five. Bad move, they should have gone somewhere else.

The new movie sounds promising though, and means a new Goldsmith score! I just got my signed copy of Continuum in the mail today, yay!

I enjoyed the show when I could manage to watch it. It was a happy mix of Star Trek, The X-Files, military prowess, and pseudo-history/archaeology. The film was entertaining, but felt the show really took advantage of a good premise and really ran with it, rather than dwelling the limited view D & E originally had.

Stargate, BB? You really like everything, don't you?

;)

I suppose you watched it and didn't like it.

Joe, who really liked the show alot.

I've never seen more than a few minutes of the show. The acting, dialogue and production value I was exposed to did not sit well with me.

Alex I don't think you even know what "class" is.

Morlock if you want any credibility sometimes you need to stay quiet.

If you didn't like the show, thats one thing, even the acting comment, which doesn't hold up to scrutiny, but to say it had poor production values, well, this is just another reason you have zero cred.

Joe, who loves the latest DC of Bladerunner.

If you didn't like the show, thats one thing, even the acting comment, which doesn't hold up to scrutiny, but to say it had poor production values, well, this is just another reason you have zero cred.

The Effects, makeup, sets, and some of the more elaborate costumes all looked very unimpressive.

Joe, who loves the latest DC of Bladerunner.

So does Alex, so that creates something of a paradox for him. ;)

try putting that in microwave and watch what happens.

I neve understood the appeal of Stargate.

Ditto. And I have watched a little seeing as how I'm a huge fan of the major shows that have been broadcast around it (Farscape, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica).

Stargate, BB? You really like everything, don't you?

:lol:

I don't really know what that means, Alex.

I'm not a huge Stargate fan. Primarily, I've seen the first four seasons of SG1 (which are really good), and have only dipped into the rest (including Atlantis) here and there. Eventually, I'll get around to watching it all, if for no other reason than the fact that I'm a fan of sci-fi tv in general and would like to be able to talk knowledgeably about it with other sci-fi tv fans.

If that annoys you for some obscure reason, I'm terribly sorry.

The Effects, makeup, sets, and some of the more elaborate costumes all looked very unimpressive.

Go to Sokar.

It was an embarrassing show and I'm glad it's over. It's only for those who dwell with bad taste: The scorpion King 4, The Mummy 7, 28 Weeks Later, etcetera.

With other words: No class.

fat_kid.jpg

Every thinkable aspect of the Stargate show is as unremarkable and unambitious as Walker, Texas Ranger. It's for people that name McDonalds a classy restaurant.

Every thinkable aspect of the Stargate show is as unremarkable and unambitious as Walker, Texas Ranger. It's for people that name McDonalds a classy restaurant.

Well, in fairness, having Chuck Norris actually sing the theme to his own TV series could be considered ambitious.

ROTFLMAO