Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

But besides this great news.. I think some of the new TitleNames really suck..

A Thought for Marion

Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well

Indy Rides the Statue

Washington Men?

Washington Ending??

nah could be worse but they do sound a little uninspired

They are rubbish.

Nothing beats the tracknames on the TPM UE though.

Peter Kelly says the label has sent out this paragraph:
Indiana Jones: The Complete Soundtracks Collection

For the first time ever all four Indiana Jones soundtrack albums are available in this limited edition collectible CD boxed set! Included are expanded and remastered versions of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and exclusive to this set: Indiana Jones & The Temple Doom, and Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade. This set also includes the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull soundtrack plus a bonus interview CD with composer John Williams on the making of this historic music. Housed in a handsome embossed slip case and presented with a full color booklet, this set reintroduces the iconic original Indiana Jones film scores by Oscar-winning composer John Williams - out of print since 1995! A must for fans and collectors alike, all will rejoice in having all these soundtracks presented together expanded with previously unreleased music - along with this summer's blockbuster Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull available together for the very first time. Relive the musical adventure today!

And the box set release is set for Nov 11...

Damn, I don't know if I should buy Raiders before the box set comes out. I'm actually pretty content with the EE, I'm only REALLY excited for ToD and LC (and I wish they were releasing KotCS as well, but I'm still a overjoyed camper).

:lol: :lol:

But besides this great news.. I think some of the new TitleNames really suck..

A Thought for Marion

Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well

Indy Rides the Statue

Washington Men?

Washington Ending??

nah could be worse but they do sound a little uninspired

They are rubbish.

yes there is nothing better than.

Death Warrant foQui Gon and Obi-Wan or

Queen Amidala Warns The Federation

also

Qui Gon, Darth Maul and the invisible Wall!

If Raiders is relegated to 1 CD it cannot be the entire score.

Neil

What are you guys talking about? well the 1995 version has 73:35 minutes

this one omitts the Raiders March (2:50) ... so we have about 9 Minutes space.. can't CDs be longer than 74 mins and have a max of 80???

70:45 minutes

+ Washington Men 1:08

+Bad Dates (Poisioning+bad dates) 1:15

+ Indy rides the Statue (IF Discovery of the ARK) 6:01 OHHHH MY BAD SORRY!

Raiders ReIssue: 79:09 mins

where is the problem?

If it only can hold 75 mins or so I guess we won't get the discovery of the ark. .

"Well of the Souls - Part 2" or whatever anyone wants to call it runs about 6 minutes. "Indy Rides the Statue" would be the following cue, and it's longer than the 51 remaining seconds you have on your CD.

Neil

When the Superman Blue Box was announced, many people said the complete Superman II wouldn't fit on a single disc, but indeed it did. That disc runs just 14 seconds short of a full 80 minutes.

But anyway, regardless of how many discs....... THIS IS AMAZING. It was just this afternoon that I was explaining to a new friend about my love for film music, and how rubbish it was that more Indiana Jones music wasn't available.

I'm going to go and complain to them some more! See what gets announced tomorrow! :lol:

When the Superman Blue Box was announced, many people said the complete Superman II wouldn't fit on a single disc, but indeed it did. That disc runs just 14 seconds short of a full 80 minutes.

Yeah, but I never said that. :lol:

Neil

"Well of the Souls - Part 2" or whatever anyone wants to call it runs about 6 minutes. "Indy Rides the Statue" would be the following cue, and it's longer than the 51 remaining seconds you have on your CD.

Neil

yes I know i misstook Riding the Statue with Discovering the ark.. but since most of us already have this track in perfect sound I don't care anyway if it's on this release

I prefer "Darth Sidious Receives News of the Gungan Army," for the sheer creativity.

Yes true thats great :lol: but the best thing must be the text from the back of the CD.

"Here at last is every Note of the Original Music that John Williams composed for Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace."

Peter posted this on MovieMusic.

Doom and Crusade will be available individually too, from what I understand on Nov 11 as well, but the unofficial word was unclear to be definitive to me. But you guys just said you don't want to buy it individually, so do you really care? :lol:

Any problems I had at school are now forgotten. I will have to have Indiana Jones reflexes to purchase the Discs before they sell out, though.

You know, that's actually a genuine concern of mine.

This is a great time to be a fan of JW, soundtracks, or Indiana Jones.

indy4 - who's never been so excited for a rerelease of old scores before

I feel bad for the guy who picked which cues will make it onto the ToD expanded (assuming they're not complete). No matter which cues he picks, he'll be murdered for not including others.

I feel bad for the guy who picked which cues will make it onto the ToD expanded (assuming they're not complete). No matter which cues he picks, he'll be murdered for not including others.

naah he can leave all the tracks that are on the Original ST Album CD if he asks me.. who needs these twice :lol:

Peter also reported that supposedly TOD and LC will also be available separately so you don't have to buy the whole set if you don't want to. I'm however buying the whole thing despite the price.

naah he can leave all the tracks that are on the Original ST Album CD if he asks me.. who needs these twice :lol:

I need them. My CDR is broken. And I was too stupid to pick it up the one or two times I saw it at Virgin Megstore all those years ago.

Peter also reported that supposedly TOD and LC will also be available separately so you don't have to buy the whole set if you don't want to. I'm however buying the whole thing despite the price.

Same here, I'm definetly getting the whole set.

Even if it means waiting a whole month before the box set becomes availible, so I don't have to buy them twice :lol: .

I'm so sorry, but all we've got right now is Raiders in its entirety, which - and I know you'll hate me for saying that - is not so hot. For me at least. I know there may be more than a few people just *craving* for those eight minutes ....

There's no word however about either ToD or LC, whether their individual releases will be expanded. When the press release says ToD and LC are exclusive to the limited box, and yet these two will be released individually as well, I can only assume only the versions included in the box will be expanded.

In any case, good news, if ToD and LC will indeed be expanded, which I'm still not entirely sure about.

I'm so sorry, but all we've got right now is Raiders in its entirety, which - and I know you'll hate me for saying that - is not so hot. For me at least. I know there may be more than a few people just *craving* for those eight minutes ....

There's no word however about either ToD or LC, whether their individual releases will be expanded. When the press release says ToD and LC are exclusive to the limited box, and yet these two will be released individually as well, I can only assume only the versions included in the box will be expanded.

In any case, good news, if ToD and LC will indeed be expanded, which I'm still not entirely sure about.

They would be mad to re-release an already almost complete score and not one that has more than one hour of unreleased music.

And then there's all that stuff about the ToD music on the FSM Podcast. I'd bet you my box set that LC and ToD will be expanded.

Indiana Jones: The Complete Soundtracks Collection

Included are expanded and remastered versions of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and exclusive to this set: Indiana Jones & The Temple Doom, and Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.

It does mention that included are expanded and remastered VERSIONS, which implies Raiders will not be the only score with extra music.

Wowsers! What excellent news! I am geniuinely pleased to hear this. What a nice piece of news to wake up to.

:lol:

Wake up? I've been up so long I'm a few hours from going to bed! Sheesh, you kids today....

:lol:

This is about the best news I have heard all day. I've had a pretty crappy week in terms of school (I guess that should be expected having to write a thesis and all) but this literally just put a smile on my face. I've never actually bought any of the CDs except KOTCS because I was hoping for a re/expanded release, and this is actually going to happen. I was hoping the complete release of The Incredible Hulk score might lead to companies willing to release more music from films. I'll definitely be picking this up, and if I have to rebuy KOTCS to get the rest complete, that's just fine with me.

I doubt it, there have been plenty of other major expanded releases of Williams' works and they didn't speed up the process.

And truthfully the only missing scores that I think are must releases are Black Sunday, The Sugarland Express and Family Plot. The prequels and HP are too new to be considered for an expanded release.

Same goes for the Indy Lego game people.

I'm gonna say Lucasfilm was probably responsible for that.

And truthfully the only missing scores that I think are must releases are Black Sunday, The Sugarland Express and Family Plot. The prequels and HP are too new to be considered for an expanded release.

I'd say Hook. Jurassic Park also possibly comes to mind.

Let us hope that a "Malcom Effect" does not take place.

Do tell.

Yeah, is it an effect that makes the music kind of sucky and overly reliant on special effects at the expense of character development?

It's miracles like this, an expanded Indiana Jones collection, which makes me cherish the fact that I'm a film score fan. How many regular or pop music fans could have the euphoric feeling I'm having right now!

I wouldn't get too excited yet, nothing's confirmed for ToD or LC right now. But this is definately a step in the right direction.

Peter Kelly would not fabricate this news.

OMFG

this is a GOOD sign.

If someone went through the trouble of putting "government agents" on the already perfectly acceptable Raiders c.d. , I have hopes that ToD and LC are expanded too. A "regular " music producer would not think of adding the missing Raiders cues that only film score geeks know about ,this sounds like the work of someone at FSM or the likes.

I wouldn't get too excited yet, nothing's confirmed for ToD or LC right now. But this is definately a step in the right direction.

Indeed. You can trust Peter Kelly on this news.

Indeed. You can trust Peter Kelly on this news.

Well, I certainly don't mean to besmirch him. Now that I've visited the thread at moviemusic.com (my first time over there ever, I think) I see the release via him from Concord. The problem is it's worded very badly. You can read it to where it implies that all three will be expanded, but I reserve the right to be a cynical old git and wait for something a little more solid.

It's certainly more than we've ever had, though.