Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

D'oh! Now I realize the biggie that appears to be missing (if "The Well of the Souls" is indeed comprised of both parts) is "The Mummy Crypt." Perhaps with "Indy Rides the Statue" we'll finally found out how those two versions/segments of the adventure theme material was supposed to work.

-Ben, who thinks the DCC track titles were better, and thinks "Through the Wall" owns the title "Indy Rides the Statue"

OMFG

this is a GOOD sign.

If someone went through the trouble of putting "government agents" on the already perfectly acceptable Raiders c.d. , I have hopes that ToD and LC are expanded too. A "regular " music producer would not think of adding the missing Raiders cues that only film score geeks know about ,this sounds like the work of someone at FSM or the likes.

My thoughts exactly!

however, if the only new music on this set are those 3 Raiders cues ,I will not buy it.

I wouldn't put it beneath Lucasfilm to only release 4 minutes of previously unreleased music as a marketing gimmic.

K.M. letting his cynicism seep back in

The ONLY reason I can think of now of no expanded ToD and LC is the whole re-use fee/studio orchestra deal with those 2 scores which is not a problem with Raiders

The ONLY reason I can think of now of no expanded ToD and LC is the whole re-use fee/studio orchestra deal with those 2 scores which is not a problem with Raiders

Which is why the PR seems to indicate they are only going to be available in a limited edition set. Re-use fees = Far lower for limited editions.

Ricard seems pretty certain ALL 3 scores will be expanded by his announcement on the main page

Now LIMITED RELEASE .Does this mean some of us will get the shaft if we don't order in the first 2 minutes of release or can't find a store that sells it?

Well, I'm excited about this. Hopefully, I won't have to sell a kidney to afford it.

Yes, that's my next concern.

Booo! Peter Kelly just posted on Movie Music he said the box set will contain digipacks. :lol:

They don't bother me per se, I just don't like how they don't fit in with the rest of the CD shelf.

Ricard seems pretty certain ALL 3 scores will be expanded by his announcement on the main page

Now LIMITED RELEASE .Does this mean some of us will get the shaft if we don't order in the first 2 minutes of release or can't find a store that sells it?

I doubt it will sell out in a 24 hour period like most limited releases. I'm sure it will be around for a bit just not forever.

I would guess that its only available online. but who knows.

Just bookmark this one. http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/indianajonescollection

:lol:

Well, I'm excited about this. Hopefully, I won't have to sell a kidney to afford it.

this is perhaps the first time I do not care about the price whatsoever .I will pay up to 200$ if all 3 are expanded.

this is perhaps the first time I do not care about the price whatsoever .I will pay up to 200$ if all 3 are expanded.

Well, neither would I if I was pulling in dentist money. Some of us are on a tight month to month budget here. :lol:

Should this be available from SAE?

of course it will.

"Digipaks" are the type of casing that was used for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, correct?

Yes

"Digipaks" are the type of casing that was used for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, correct?

Yes that is correct. Though I guess with it being contained in a box style set I guess the digipacks.

Yes that is correct. Though I guess with it being contained in a box style set I guess the digipacks.

I don;t care about the packaging .I opened my KotCS album once to rip it...actually,I didn't even have to do that.

Good point KM, once I rip the scores they're going back into the box. After I get a CD I rip it to my hard drive as lossless and put it back in its case.

also ,if you take the FSM Superman Box Set , your also screwed if you damage the custom made jewel cases.

Good point KM, once I rip the scores they're going back into the box. After I get a CD I rip it to my hard drive as lossless and put it back in its case.

also ,if you take the FSM Superman Box Set , your also screwed if you damage the custom made jewel cases.

Very true. I'm glad I take care of my CD's better these days.

Well,right now I hate that we only have the Raiders track list and that the one who wrote the press release can't write properly

Maybe it was purposely confusing cause of your e-mail's :lol:

Could this be the first time John Williams is correctly treated for te quality of his works since... a decade? (the Star Wars SE)

Too many unknown information about this set, but _obviously_ somebody has been listening

Sheesh, guys. This would still be awesome even if, for some weird reason, only Raiders was expanded. "Government Agents" (I mean, "Washington Men") is amazing.

Something about the wording in their release makes me think ToD and LC won't be complete. Maybe expanded. They don't say, and if they WERE complete or expanded, you'd think they'd explicitly state it, instead of making you infer it by the way they worded the sentence which is ambiguous.

EDIT: Say, if this Concord thing is a hit....does this open the possibility for the Prequel scores?

Well if TOD & LC are only expanded you are looking at about 39 min for TOD and 20 min for LC

Could this be the first time John Williams is correctly treated for te quality of his works since... a decade? (the Star Wars SE)

Too many unknown information about this set, but _obviously_ somebody has been listening

You're forgetting FSM's Superman Box as well as Jaws and CE3K.

You're forgetting FSM's Superman Box as well as Jaws and CE3K.

Those need to be reworked. The sound quality leaves much to be desired... all I can hear is hiss. Mastering technology has advanced so much that some scores from that period (Alien) sound as if they had been recorded today.

Well so does the original trilogy but the point was that Williams has received great treatment as far as getting some of his well known works since the SE released.

Lets just say that ToD is only expanded ,but that "score experts" from FSM the likes were consulted ,then it is likely that all the great unreleased cues will be on it .There is some music in the middle part of the movie that is not so interesting and could be dropped .There's also a few uninteresting cues in LC they could drop

what,you' d buy the whole box for that cue? Not me.

raiders is available seperately.

Uhhh...BLUE BOX?

Well if TOD & LC are only expanded you are looking at about 39 min for TOD and 20 min for LC

Even if they are "only expanded", it doesn't necessarily mean they are limited to 1 disc each?

The more I think about it ...they seem to have put a lot of work in Raiders .Re-sequencing ,adding cues ,remastering ,when they had the DCC version they could have just tossed out. Seems like a major restoration . Definately not the usual Sony Classical "minimal effort" botch job. Makes no sense they didn;t do it with TOD and LC.

Agreed. Where do I order?

jump.gif

Even if they are "only expanded", it doesn't necessarily mean they are limited to 1 disc each?

That's just going off of everyone's assumptions that the set will only consist of 4 discs.

If you go with 2 discs each for TOD & LC then you will be able to do a complete version of each score.

I don't care about the price, either. I do care about actually having whatever number of dollars it will cost me. If I literally cannot afford it, well, that sucks for me, doesn't it?

I'd guess it's going to be about $150, and if that's the case, somebody will probably be selling me one.

The more I think about it ...they seem to have put a lot of work in Raiders .Re-sequencing ,adding cues ,remastering ,when they had the DCC version they could have just tossed out. Seems like a major restoration . Definately not the usual Sony Classical "minimal effort" botch job. Makes no sense they didn;t do it with TOD and LC.

Thank goodness Sony didn't get the rights to these. And I seem to remember a lot of negative reaction around here when Concord was announced. So much for that. :lol: