Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koray Savas

Composer Threads
The Official Chris Tilton Thread

91 posts in this topic

Does Blockbuster allow you to trade a defective Disk for a better one, if they have another copy? (Oh, and I never listened to those scores yet, honestly. I suppose I should.)

I haven't rented a game or movie for like 10 years, but I'm sure you could. Although I'm pretty sure the game doesn't freeze, the system does.

Go to his site, christilton.com, you can download a lot of his work for free.

Any word on a score release (commercial or digital) for FRACTURE? I've been listening to the clips from Tracksounds' review nonstop, and I want that promo disc! It's got that great 'old' movie feel to it.

i saw some good quality Fractured footwarmer today, but when i entered the shopstore they were already sold out...

Anybody managed to get a spare pair that can lend me?

I bought a Chris-Tilton-signed copy of Fringe 2 from BuySoundtrax, and ordered the first one along with it - and to my very pleasant surprise BSX went (unasked) through the trouble to get that signed as well.

:up:

Can't wait to put these in my stereo tomorrow - very excited to finally have these CDs.

PS - if Chris Tilton happens to be reading - thanks for the signatures!

:)

Speaking of Chris Tilton, I just saw this neat post from him on FSM:

[Elfman] uses MOTU Digital Performer. So does Don Davis, Michael Giacchino, Desplat, Shore, Goldenthal, pretty much most Hollywood biggies...,

I switched to Pro Tools in early 2009, since it became more composer friendly. I previously used Digital Performer. I'm trying to convince MG to switch too, but he loves the "chunks" feature too much tongue.gif

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=79476

Speaking of Chris Tilton, I just saw this neat post from him on FSM:

[Elfman] uses MOTU Digital Performer. So does Don Davis, Michael Giacchino, Desplat, Shore, Goldenthal, pretty much most Hollywood biggies...,

I switched to Pro Tools in early 2009, since it became more composer friendly. I previously used Digital Performer. I'm trying to convince MG to switch too, but he loves the "chunks" feature too much tongue.gif

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=79476

what does mean 'chunks' feature?

i hope its not a button that composes chunks of filler music... :P

O.K. The guy deserves his own. He's the next Giacchino, who is the next John Williams. So basically HE IS John Williams.

I just actually really want to know what's going on with the Mercenaries 2 score. It's not up on iTunes yet.

What ever happened to him, he used to be a regular on the filmtracks forum. A major film music geek like much of the rest of us!

He only posted here a handful of times, a bit more on FSM. He's a busy guy, I know he continually works on Fringe and I think he writes for Alcatraz along with Andrea Datzman.

AWESOME NEWS!!!

I agree his Fringe scores are great, but honestly his work on ALCATRAZ last year was the best scoring of 2012!

It's a shame Alcatraz won't get an official release. I wish the show had done better--both for the music and for the show itself! Hopefully Human won't suffer the same fate!

I still have not heard any of Tilton's "solo" efforts.

I have been trying to track down his "The Incredibles" video game scores as a starting point.

I would recommend his Fringe scores--especially seasons three and four. Season two is still great, but I think season three and season four are his best.

I might be misinterpreting this, but it seems like Tilton might be scoring Mirror's Edge 2 for EA Games.

Have to hand it to EA, Mirror’s Edge tease is probably the best thing they could have done to end the show. I’m on board “when it’s ready”

https://twitter.com/christilton/status/344197026373853184

EDIT: I think I did misinterpret it. By "on board," he probably meant he's excited to play it, not going to score it. Never mind!

I don't know. I think he has been working on developing a video game of his own, and he's probably doing the music for that. (He said something about an announcement next month.) Or maybe they wanted a more techno sound for the show? I don't know. I was really hoping for some new tracks like Letters of Transit or The Singularity is Upon Us for a "futuristic" kind of score.

I'm really sad about this! I was so excited to hear him create a new musical world. :(

Yay, exciting news! I haven't heard the scores for the other Assassin's Creed games, but I'll definitely be checking this one out.

There's a wealth of great material from the games. You should check them out. Balfe's scores for Revelations and III are great.