Promo Scores

earth_edge

I don't know how this question will come across, but what exactly are promo scores? And how would someone get ahold of these?

I have a couple, but I don't really know what they are! lol

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special printings of scores for promotional, not retail, purposes. They're usually identical to the commercial CDs but sometimes you get extra material, like with the A.I. promo (sent to members of the Academy for Oscar consideration).

Or you get the scores directly from the composers themselves, which sometimes can be tough. Though a lot of people on FSM don't consider scores from composers real "promo" scores but bootlegs, which doesn't make sense. I've got a Volume 2 promo scores for Superman Returns and X-Men 2 directly from Ottman and he signed the discs himself and both have unreleased music on them.

Though a lot of people on FSM don't consider scores from composers real "promo" scores but bootlegs, which doesn't make sense.

I assume those should be named promos when the composer had the necessary rights to give out these copies, and bootlegs if he didn't (because he does no longer hold the copyright to his compositions, or the recordings, or whatever).

As a side node, promos usually come with labels like "for promotional use only, not for sale", and it used to be considered illegal to sell a promo (or pass it on), even if you legally owned it. But as far as I remember, an US court recently (a few months ago) ruled that selling (passing on) promos is actually legal under current copyright/fair use regulations.

I am still waiting for my copy from Weebo.

Why does that name seem fimilar?

He's a Ewok and it's Ewok mating season at the moment.

I am still waiting for my copy from Weebo.

Me too.

I just went to the post office yesterday to mail them all out.

-W

Just wait, BTTF 3 may take longer.

:nono:

Stefan- taking the money and hiding in South Africa.

I hope not...I'll hunt you down and shoot you like a duck.

Obviously, I won't literally going to do that.