The Official South Park Thread

Koray Savas

• 2 weeks later...

South Park 21x08 Moss Piglets

I thought that was pretty good.  I was glad they continued the Cartman feeding Heidi meat and her getting fat bit and it wasn't just a one-episode joke, and her taking on his personality was really funny.  The Nathan/Mimsy vs Timmy/Jimmy story was pretty good too, though I dunno if the NFL angle it took eventually worked as well as the setup until then did.

Basically not a great episode but is a good baseline for the standard quality the show should have.  If most episodes were like this and then occasionally we get amazing episodes that are better, I'd be perfectly happen.  Instead we just get a lot of clunkers and ones at even this level are hard to come by lately

A bit annoyed that the sentient tardigrade was the same basic story as when the sea monkeys achieved sentience in Simpsons Did It, but here it worked and was not the focus of the episode. 

South Park 21x09 Super Hard PCNess

The subplot with PC Principal / Strong Woman and Mr Mackey / Miss Conduct was pretty funny, as was Heidi/Cartman.  The stuff with Kyle now being against Terrance and Philip and them suddenly being really old (?) and having a Netflix show was meh.

Also, why did they call Kyle a Millenial in the show?  Aren't Millennials people who are like in their 20s or early 30s right now?

30ebe0c8d.png

Anyways, preview for tonight's season finale:

Another round of boring, unfunny Trump-bashing. The only well-executed joke that made me laugh was the fox trap. Where's the Trey and Matt who tried their hardest for almost two decades to show both sides of the coin and how they both can be right in their own way?

On 12/6/2017 at 3:40 PM, Jay said:

Also, why did they call Kyle a Millenial in the show?  Aren't Millennials people who are like in their 20s or early 30s right now?

Let's be frank. Kyle IS in his 20s, since the show began about twenty years ago. Lol. 

I'm watching last week's episode. They clearly made Kyle a "millennial" because they needed a word that starts with M. As in his mom's Mothers Against Canada as they rehash the Bigger Longer Uncut movie. Kyle is really becoming his mother. 

I see Terrance and Philip getting old as a parody of when our entertainers get old and slow down. And because they remember when this all happened before. 

I'm waiting for the Bryan Adams reference. 

That's it?? 

South Park 21x10 Splatty Tomato

That was kinda lame.  Felt like they just slapped together any random ideas they had for the season that hadn't yet made it in and called it a day.

They seemed to kind of try this season to do independent episodes like their glory days, and tried to avoid Trump stuff like they claimed they would do in interviews, but gradually got pulled back into both heavily serialized storytelling and Trump stuff.

A lot of the random parodies this week were just odd, way too half-baked to have any impact.  And the final message about Whites needing to band together to take down Trump was also just as half baked as everything else. 

A meh ending to a meh season.

• 10 months later...

I am enjoying this season so far!

This week's weed farm episode was pretty funny.  They all have been pretty funny, really.

• 1 month later...

Finished the season last night.  The final two-parter with Amazon and Bezos was pretty damn funny, and I liked how in the season finale they threaded in all the plots from the whole season.  Good season of TV all around.

Right, exactly!  I think after they had big success some seasons ago with a big 3part story once per season, they tried to do entire 10-episode arcs for the past few seasons, and while it was a valiant effort, it just didn't work.  They finally found the right formula this year with a blend of one-off stories and some 2parters mixed in, which threads that run througout like Tedrigy farms and school shootings, without trying to connect the plots all season.  Good stuff.

• 8 months later...

South Park had some slow years when they were more focused on Book of Mormon, but last season was pretty good. Still funnier than most comedies being made these days even if it's not as good as its own older seasons. 

11 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I wish all of these 20+ year animated shows would get taken out back and shot.  Put out of their misery.

Absolutely agree when it comes to the show that gave you your username, but South Park is still pretty funny. 

I tend to have an inverse relationship with South Park than most people do - when they realized that their quick turnaround time allowed them to respond to news items of the week, that's when I lost most of my interest.  South Park, along with The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad, is one of many shows that I watched because it was something to do, but happily kicked out of my life once my kid was born.  We still watch Bob's Burgers, which I think is the exemplary prime time animated sitcom at this moment.

I gave up on this last season. I'm rebinging it now and I gotta say it's not as consistently great as I remembered. I'm generally really enjoying the more absurdist/grossout random idiocy episodes where most of the humour comes from the kids being kids instead of the social/political trends of the week or Randy being stupid again. 

If you’re a grumpy pessimist, South Park wants you to know that your instinct is always right and you never need to change.  I’m not saying their targets are undeserving, but the South Park stance isn’t always very thoughtful.

Im sure I could look past all that if I thought it was funny.

• 2 weeks later...
sp-2301-news-episode-announcement_v01.jp

Episode 2301 “Mexican Joker” Press Release

Categorized Under: Episode  

SOUTH PARK SEASON 23 RETURNS WITH NEW EPISODES ON
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

——–
All-New Season 23 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
——–
NEW YORK, September 24, 2019 –Randy fights against home-grown in the season 23 premiere of South Park titled, “Mexican Joker” airing on Wednesday, September 25 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

In the pilot episode of the new hit series, Tegridy Farms, Randy battles home-grown weed and comes to terms with the fact that he might be a towel. Meanwhile, Kyle goes to camp.

All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on ">SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.

Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT).

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

— Watch the preview clip here. —

Anybody watch last night?  I have to decide between either this or the Always Sunny premiere to watch while I eat lunch today

South Park 23x01 Mexican Joker

I am very glad they are keeping the Tegridy Farms thing going.  The stuff with the ICE agent scared about being in a flashback was pretty funny too

South Park 23x02 Band in China

Well damn that was pretty good, pretty clever. Tying in the personal stories of Stan forming a band and wanting to move back to South Park and Randy wanting to expand his business with commentary on Hollywood films appealing to the Chinese market, Chinese censorship, and formulaic biopics was pretty well done!

Tonight's episode is their 300th episode

Episode 2303 “Shots!!!” Press Release

SOUTH PARK REACHES 300TH EPISODE ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9 ON COMEDY CENTRAL

All-Day South Park Marathon Starts at 9 a.m. ET and Leads into All-New Episode at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT

——–
All-New Season 23 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
——–
NEW YORK, October 7, 2019 –The show’s creators celebrate the THIRD episode of Tegridy Farms in the episode titled, “SHOTS!!!” airing on Wednesday, October 9 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

This week, Randy revels in a Tegridy Farms milestone. Meanwhile, Cartman stands his ground and refuses to get a shot.

In honor of the 300th episode of South Park, Comedy Central will host an all-day series marathon starting at 9 a.m. ET/PT on October 9. All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.comcc.com and the Comedy Central App.

Comedy Central’s “South Park” launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT).

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning “South Park.” Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. “South Park’s” Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

Is it just me or did 23x3 Shots have two disjointed animation styles? It's like the rodeo sequence was well done with computer graphics, but all the footage with Cartman's mom seemed more crudely animated, like from the first few seasons. 

Maybe I should not watch these episodes when I'm tired. 

South Park 23x03 Shots!!!

Cartman all greased up and squelling like a pig was hilarious.  Making fun of anti-vaxxers was great, but seemed like they ultimately didn't have some grand point about them to reveal at the end or anything.  I'm continuing to love that Randy sings the opening and end credits every week

South Park 23x04 Let Them Eat Goo

That was pretty good, especially when all of a sudden we had a great There Will Be Blood parody going on.  Weak ending though as always

• 2 weeks later...

After taking last week odd, they are back with a new episode this week

sp-2305-news-episode-announcement_v01.jp
Episode 2305 “Tegridy Farms Halloween Special” Press Release

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 30 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

——–

NEW YORK, October 28, 2019 – It’s the Tegridy Farms Halloween Special in an all-new episode of TEGRIDY FARMS titled, “Tegridy Farms Halloween Special” airing on Wednesday, October 30 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

It’s Halloween and Randy is dealing with his daughter’s marijuana problem. Butters gets an unexpected surprise when he visits the Egyptian Artifact exhibit at the Denver Museum.