The Official South Park Thread

Koray Savas

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but we have Heroes and Lost threads here that mostly discuss the shows themselves. But yeah, I realized I missed a couple episodes in the middle of the current season.

I watched Over Logging and Super Fun Time, both ridiculously hilarious. I loved the Close Encounters reference in Over Logging, has anyone else seen it?

Is Super Fun Time the last one from last year, with the Burger King robbers and the historical reenactmant park? That one was great, with Butters' best moment ever at the end. "Teacher, my partner is back on the bus!"

Last week's new one was good. A nice small character episode, watching Cartman trying to weasel his way out of the fight was great.

John- who was tempted to do this with Mark's recent South Park thread

Yeah Super Fun Time was that. Sheriff McLawDog :lol:

Last weeks was pretty good, I enjoyed the Snatch and There Will Be Blood part. "Eric, did you just crap on my desk?" :lol:

And we can attach this to Mark's SP thread and make that an official one. But that has quite a few pages of random stuff.

EDIT: Ah I love to share my hate for Philip Glass, and this is the perfect thread for it. Watch this video. The joke happens towards the end.

The Close Encounters reference in "Over Logging" had me in hysterics, in an already excellent episode.

But my favourite is "Super Fun Time", mainly as I work at a historical park (Sovereign Hill, 1850's on the Goldfields in Victoria, to be precise!) and can relate to the frustration of the visitors.

We're gonna try and find some internet down Californee way. :lol:

The premise of that episode was so familiar. I know it's making fun of a movie, but I can't remember which.

;)

it was making fun of Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath

So far, this season has been excellent. First, the now-infamous raped-Indy episode . . . an instant classic.

Then, the Breast Cancer Awareness show. Another classic.

The most recent one, which began as a Peruvian flute band episode and ended up being an awesome Cloverfield parody, was also excellent.

I love this show.

I need to watch last week's episode, which is the flute band one. This season has been great, but I don't think many realized they took a break midseason. This is still the same one back with the Britney Spears episode and Major Boobage making fun of Heavy Metal.

The most recent one, which began as a Peruvian flute band episode and ended up being an awesome Cloverfield parody, was also excellent.

Not to mention Blaire Witch, and every other "home video movie".

Not to mention Blaire Witch, and every other "home video movie".

Right you are.

Me, I love both The Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield; but that is definitely a mockable genre.

Tonight's episode...?

Well, number one, fellas, kudos for getting an election episode out there about as quickly as humanly possible.

Number two, I found all of the town-reaction stuff to be pretty hilarious.

Number three, the actual Obama/McCain plot was just retarded. Not without its good moments, but it didn't feel like South Park to me; I expect biting satire, and instead I got Family Guy-esque randomness. It was funnier than it would have been on Family Guy, but in my world, that ain't saying much.

The initial twist with Obama and McCain was great, but after that it all felt a little flat and predictable. Honestly I was hoping for something a bit more political, but what we got on that front was still good.

Well, that's one opinion...A wrong one, but hey, if you want to run with it go ahead. :unsure:

no, its the correct one, the guin. pig 2pt. episode was uber awful, and last night was just ehh, not really bad, not good. I kept waiting for a good laugh that never came.

However it started off with 2 home runs. I'm afraid its run its course though

I'll agree about last night's, it was overall pretty meh, but I enjoyed the guinea pig/mouse/rabbit/etc two parter. Craig's ribbing of the boys and the situations they keep ending up in was brilliant, and the Cloverfield parody was fun (says a Cloverfield lover). So far it's been better and more consistent than the first half of the season.

I liked elements of the presidential episode, like the reactions of the townspeople (like Bryant said). But I agree the main story was a bit weak, and overall it wasn't as good as the previous episodes.

the cloverfield part was weak, the pigs were worse. Dave and I both cringed, you guys here are the first people I've encounter who seem to like it. The only good part was Randy saying I'm soooooo startled.

I think they probably had last nights episode done several ways considering the outcome, the only recent part must have been about the grandmother, that actually was tastless even for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes South Park is great, other times they can be meh or just average.

The guinea pig episode was rather silly once they were revealed.

• 3 months later...

it was ok, it definately wasn't bad. And evil Mickey, hmmmm, Disney isn't going to be happy.

Kenny Died and no one said you bastard.

I have that, but we don't subscribe to the HD package. So when I press 249 for Comedy Central, I have to press channel up once and then back down to get to "normal" Comedy Central. Typing in any channel number manually automatically takes me to the HD equivalent, only to read the message that I'm not subscribed to it. And I can't seem to deactivate this by making a favorites list. It's aggravating.