The Official South Park Thread

Koray Savas

I'd never heard of Chipotle. I Googled their website and apparently there's quite a few in the Austin area but I don't remember ever seeing one.

You're not missing anything.

It's basically a mexican version of Subway, except it's big burritos instead of sandwiches.

We tried the new one out a few weeks ago, Adrienne got sick and it didn't do me any favors either.

I'll stick to the real mexican, tex-mex food.

Ah, I get it - like Dances With Wolves. I didn't realize until now that Avatar does have a very similar plot to that, lol

I fell asleep trying to watch the episode last night. Not cause it was boring; I was just wiped. Will watch tonight

I hadn't heard of Glen Beck before I watched the episode and read some comments on SP message board at South Park Studios. Nevertheless, I found the jokes quite universal in their meanings, given that demagogy and manipulation are common problem in media and politics all around the world.

Okay, what do you think about the season's finale? I must say I found it disappointing. It was rather dull, maybe except for couple of scenes (the experiments on monkeys... and Randy!). Perhaps, I should have watched 2012.

Cartman was a decent Rush Limbaugh, but the last episode was pretty bad, still 6 out of 7 episodes were quite watchable, and a couple are going to be classic.

• 3 months later...

Season 14 begins tonight!

3828web.jpgEpisode 1401 Press ReleasePosted on: 03.14.10

Episode 1401 Press Release

From the Comedy Central Press Release:

SEX ADDICTION IS ON THE RISE IN THE 14TH SEASON PREMIERE OF

"SOUTH PARK" BEGINNING ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

New York, March 15, 2010 - The latest in scientific testing reveals that some of the boys have a sex addiction problem in the 14th season premiere of "South Park" titled "Sexual Healing" premiering on Wednesday, March 17 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

The nation's top scientists come together to put a stop to the recent phenomenon of rich, successful men who suddenly want to have sex with many, many women. After extensive testing, some of the fourth grade boys in South Park Elementary are diagnosed as sex addicts.

Preview Clip Now Available.

Cartman was a decent Rush Limbaugh,

That was Glen Beck.

The finale was just weird. I spent most of it thinking "what the hell?".

glen beck is Limbaughs love child with ann coulter. sure reasons why abortion is needed.

Apparently the guys have already apologized for tonights episode. awesome.

I thought it was a very funny episode!

The dry humping monkeys were really funny, and the Tiger Woods video game was great

The new opening credits were excellent!

The Tale of Scrotty McBoggerballs was quite disgusting, gross, disturbing and one of the funniest episode in several seasons. Sarah Jessica Parker is so ugly, and Catcher in the Rye is so damn much about nothing.

Some Randy eps are good, some aren't. This one was mostly the latter. The Cartman side of things was the best part.

John- who thought McBoogerballs was merely average

I watched Fantastic Easter Special again today.

Sort of wears thin without The DaVinci Code in the public conscious.

Kyle killing Jesus is still hilarious in all its wrongness though. Yes, yes, it's cheap shock value, but I still laughed.

Best joke is the bit about the Pope's hat. You know, it doesn't make sense!

Yeah, I rewatched it last night too. Really didn't laugh as much as did first time around; a lot of the jokes just fell flat for me. I did love the hat thing too though, and the final punchline about the rabbit being Pope; "He doesn't say anything"... "Yes, just as Jesus intended it".

I've been quoting the "And it's gone!" from Margaritaville too much the last few days. More and more that's standing out as one of the best eps of recent years.

Man I just saw the Medicinal Fried Chicken ep and thought it was absolutely hilarious!

Sharon, you have a scrotum coat?

I've been quoting the "And it's gone!" from Margaritaville too much the last few days. More and more that's standing out as one of the best eps of recent years.

Didn't they win an Emmy for that one?

Regardless, it's still a great episode.

"Aaaaaand it's gone."

worst south park in a long time.

Don't you mean most intelligent and thought-out South Park in a long time?

perhaps if I smoked pot all the time like you I might have.

Since when do subject matter and offense targets count on the quality of a South Park episode?

when it suits you're own personal preference.

Didn't they win an Emmy for that one?

They did, yeah. Deservedly so, it's possibly one of the better episodes of the series.

• 6 months later...

I've seen all 3 episodes of the new "season". It's been alright. This week's was probably the best. I loved the parody of Inception's score

I am hoping they do another multi-episode story soon. Cartoon Wars, Go God Go, Imaginationland, and 200/201 were all great

The first episode this season was AWFUL, terrible, a completely failed episode.

Ep. 2, the Jersey Shore spoof was quite successful, often hilarious and demented.

Ep. 3, well it was almost as bad as the first episode. It was funny as a spoof of the Horders/Intervention show, but when it turned into a parody of this years most overrated film Inception it lost all steam. The best part was the ending meaning it was over. Mr Macky as a boy was fun m'kay.

So far they are 1 for 3 which in baseball is pretty good, not so much for a tv show. I might just have to start recording this and watch Law and Order LA instead, as my chances of watchin something quality greatly improve.

as Kyle would say, Really, Really?

Family Guy has been better than SP at this point. Course as bas as ep 1 was and as mediocre as ep 3 was that is easy to do.

as for It's a Jersey Thing, Hilarious.

I gave up on Family Guy a long time ago. I forced myself to sit through the ep Rush was in and it was so horribly unfunny it was almost painful.

The SP Jersey ep was hilarious though, so wrong and yet so right. The Cartman NASCAR one was ehh.

I gave up on Family Guy a long time ago. I forced myself to sit through the ep Rush was in and it was so horribly unfunny it was almost painful.

The SP Jersey ep was hilarious though, so wrong and yet so right. The Cartman NASCAR one was ehh.

I found the Rush episode superior to Cartman nascar and stan hording episodes, but I really enjoyed the hour long murder mystery episode.

Don't diss Family Guy, it's uncool bro.....

Family Guy lost its way a few years ago but I've liked a lot of recent episodes. South Park still beats it (and kicks the shit out of The Simpsons) any day.

The Inception spoof wasn't amazing but still satisfying. I was actually hoping it would go deeper and really take some serious meat out of the film but it was still fun.

if the last episode did anything right it pointed out how lame Inception really was.

I never bothered to see Inception nor do I have a need to for some reason.

But then that's the way it has been for the last 5-7 years. I just haven't found the need to go to the movies that much.