The Official South Park Thread

Koray Savas

My movie viewing had picked up in 2008-09, but I've barely been this year.

It's not been a great year. With the exception of of a handful of films, there were not any really good to great films. It wasn't a bad year by any means. There were a few spectacular looking movies like Inception, but it was all fluff with no substance, a bad 007 film in a dream. There have been a few good horror films this year, but now you have bad films like Paranormal Activity 2 and Saw 3D(#7 btw) that will attract large crowds. There are some outstanding looking films coming towards the end of the year. Debt looks like munich only 100 times better.

Inception was an engrossing movie with a premise that made me think about things. Shame you didn't like it. I was unimpressed by anything in Avatar other than the visuals. Different cups of coffee.

Say what you want about Paranormal Activity. If you don't get scared by things that go bump in the night then no one's making you go to see it. I do, and I found it a great experience (first one, haven't seen #2).

Well, we have our two parter.

I hope the 2nd part is better than the first. Good god how awful is this season going to be?

Oops, I missed SP last night, got watching the World Series and lost interest and switched to ESPN for the OK City / Chicago NBA game and that was an entertaining one.

I mostly liked part 2, the Kenny twist is great. A long overdue plot arc/inside joke actually. Cartman cooing Chtulu was groan worthy though.

This is the first 3 parter since...Imaginationland?

• 2 weeks later...

all in all the decline of a once great show. The only saving grace from last night was the killing of Justin Beiber.

• 4 months later...

The new season begins Wednesday, April 27th.

It's late this year because of The Book of Mormon

• 1 month later...

I lose track of when they start and begin each season. I'm sure I'll catch it on reruns.

Right now the NBA playoffs have TV priority in the house. ;)

I thought it was just gross.

it was, I laughed a couple of times and hated myself afterwards.

Inception was an engrossing movie with a premise that made me think about things. Shame you didn't like it. I was unimpressed by anything in Avatar other than the visuals. Different cups of coffee.

Say what you want about Paranormal Activity. If you don't get scared by things that go bump in the night then no one's making you go to see it. I do, and I found it a great experience (first one, haven't seen #2).

I am glad you liked Inception, it's good that over thought films that people read too much into have an audience.

I'm sorry but you being scared by Paranormal Activity is funnier than anything South Park has made in years. It's the reason the have a fast forward button on dvd and blu players.

I didnt find tonight's episode very funny, except for the Token/Tyler Perry moments. Were they going for a Charlie Sheen thing?

• 4 weeks later...

I've thought South Park was going downhill since the Imaginationland season. I initially thought that this might just be my own opinion and the quality really hasn't decreased, but more and more people have agreed with me that it is not funny. Nothing from this season is good. Maybe one slightly funny joke an episode, and that is not nearly enough to keep me watching. It's truly awful. The Canadian wedding episode was SO bad.

That was the last season, which I liked. It's this season that is leaving me unenthused

it looks to be a Butters episode tonight so there is hope.

The Japanese guy vs Chinese guy was hilarious, the psychologist was really funny too, and the Psycho parody at the end was perfect

Butters is great.

The main kids didn't even appear at all, right?

Meh.

My thoughts exactly. They took two elements from the show that always succeed, Butters and City Wok, guaranteeing a successful episode, and it was just meh. Not really offensively bad like the last few, but not really good at all. I'm about to give up hope now.

The Japanese guy vs Chinese guy was hilarious, the psychologist was really funny too, and the Psycho parody at the end was perfect

Butters is great.

The main kids didn't even appear at all, right?

Butters is great, the episode wasn't meh, but it was not as good as it could have been. I wish it had left the chinese/japanese story for an entire episode with the boys, and this had concentrated on Butter's multiple identities.

The multiple identities subplot was intricately tied to the chinese/japanese subplot though, since his therapist was the chinese guy

The multiple identities subplot was intricately tied to the chinese/japanese subplot though, since his therapist was the chinese guy

yeah I would have dumped that Idea. I would have concentrated on the pyscholigist having mulitiple identities(though not the City Wok chef), and somehow having to battle each of Butter's identities. Really I'm wasting time rewriting their episode in my head, but we all do that.

It would have been hilarious to see Cartman being a sushi snob and making jokes that Kenny's family can't afford Sushi and Kyle not eating it because it's not kosher. I did laugh that neither oriental character could understand the other.

Was randomly watching the show on Comedy Central and I think I saw the latest episode. Hilarious, but it may as well have been a series finale. Looks like Trey Parker and Matt Stone are tired of the show.

Best episode I've seen in ages, for one reason: the perfect marriage of obscene and childish humour along with hard-hitting satire, this time directed at us viewers and the show itself. Brilliant.

I would only call the latest episode brilliant if it was the creators' intention to simulate what it is like to have the same disease Stan had AKA it was shitty. It was one bad poop joke. That's ok; They've based better episodes around worse jokes. But damn, they just hammered that joke in. It got progressively less funny, and pretty predictable. I like that they changed up the routine at the end, but it was trying to be dramatic, and South Park does not do drama well.

• 5 months later...

For some reason my DVR didn't record it! I think its because between my GF and I we have a million shows on Wednesday nights at 10

I'll see it after it records the report tomorrow night (Why didn't Comedy Central re-air it tonight? Very unusual)

Anyway, I found this half-season to be TERRIFIC, much better than the terrible half-season that aired this spring. The first episode that concluded the cliffhanger from the end of said crappy half-season was only ok, but the rest have all been really funny!

• 3 months later...

btw South Park started their new season brilliantly with a satirical slap in the face to the TSA. It was brutally direct, racist in a very honest approach, and it dared to argue the point from a man's point of view that the lid goes up damnit.

Transportation and Safety Administration, it's full of the most incompetent idiots in human existance.

In layman's terms they are the airport security you must pass through here in the US.

• 1 month later...

5 episodes, five solid episodes.

this is a great mini season for SouthPark.

the live portion was Hill Arious.

I missed the Jew episode so I can't count it.

so again 5 solid episodes.

Keeping fingers crossed for next weeks season finale.

Oh man that's too bad, the Jewpacabra episode was hilarious

then that would mean 6 great episodes.

what did you think of Butter's episode, I think it will end up a classic....Butter telling his grandmother she's gonna die is one of SP's great speeches.

Yea that whole episode was great. Anytime they focus on Butters its gold. I loved that he pulled out the Professor Chaos outfit and walked into room and his grandma had her own outfit :lol:

Yea that whole episode was great. Anytime they focus on Butters its gold. I loved that he pulled out the Professor Chaos outfit and walked into room and his grandma had her own outfit :lol:

yeah that was priceless. you're right most Butter episodes are gold, he's so mistreated and yet he's perhaps the most real and normal.