What Is The Last Film You Watched?

Mr. Breathmask

I'm interested in buying the score to either. I see some re-arrangements and/or condensed versions of Captain Blood at SAE for inexpensive, which I might buy. Is there a complete score available?

There's the OST recording on Tsunami (legal here, at least). Sounds fine for its age - perfectly listenable in my opinion. There's also an outstanding suite on a Marco Polo (now Naxos) compilation that's missing tons of great material, but offers an awesome performance. And Ship in the Night on Gerhardt's Flynn compilation is just lovely.

Also, when choosing to buy the score to The Adventures of Robin Hood, which is the better plan? Buy this 43 minute CD album (http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=9291), or buy the two-disc DVD set with the isolated score, and rip it myself? I might buy the DVD anyways, because I missed the beginning of the film, and Prince John gives such a delicious performance as villain that it deserves to be watched again, but I want to know if the CD album contains anything the iso score doesn't.

Raines is brilliant, and the DVD well worth having. Both the full-length Morgan/Stromberg recording on Marco Polo and the old, LP-length Kojian on Varese are worth having.

And to anyone who likes these films, I *highly* recommend Scaramouche. Great score by Victor Young, too, available as a lengthy suite on the Naxos compilation I mentioned above, and as the OST on FSM.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are probably my favorite things he's done.

The more I think about The Brothers Bloom, the more I like it.

The more I think about The Brothers Bloom, the more I like it.

Same here. Right after I knew I liked it, but the more I thought about it the more I really liked it. The prologue is great.

As for Tony Scott, my favorite would have to be Man On Fire. Beat The Devil is a superb little short film, but it's pretty much a mini-Man On Fire. I saw Crimson Tide for the first time today, and I think the same with Enemy Of The State. I'm pretty sure I've seen the latter before, but I didn't remember much.

Tomorrow I will probably watch Spy Game and True Romance.

Spy Game was highly forgettable. True Romance is good, but really Scott adds very little to it. I enjoyed reading the screenplay much more than the film itself. Still, it does have that one inarguably great scene.

Spy Game was highly forgettable. True Romance is good, but really Scott adds very little to it. I enjoyed reading the screenplay much more than the film itself. Still, it does have that one inarguably great scene.

The Christopher Walken/Dennis Hopper Sicilian scene? I agree.

Aronofsky's The Fountain.

Has anyone else seen this, maybe Morlock?

I loved it. I give it four stars from five.

I liked what it tried to do, and thought it was promising, but it never came to anything for me. It felt like a lot of it had been cut out. Which is a shame as I'm a big Aronofsky fan.

The Varese is a re-recording. I was going to recommend the complete recording done by William Stromberg & John Morgan on the Marco Polo label but it sadly seems to have already gone out of print. Perhaps Naxos will re-issue it on their cheaper label.

http://www.moviemusic.com/soundtrack/adven...sofrobinhood-mp

Found it! Thanks for the recommendation!

I wasn't a fan, actually. I wasn't fascinated by allured. I saw a lot of vague ideas with vague, if nicely executed, visual concepts.

If memory serves, I loved the first half, but only liked the second. Adorable main theme by Zimmer though, probably my favourite piece by him.

I found it very intriguing, in a positive way. Still puzzling after watching it twice, but I like it a lot. Excellent score, too.

Adorable main theme by Zimmer though, probably my favourite piece by him.

The main theme is really the only music, and it's an homage to Carl Orff. The whole movie is essentially Terrence Malick's Badlands.

Adorable main theme by Zimmer though, probably my favourite piece by him.

The main theme is really the only music, and it's an homage to Carl Orff. The whole movie is essentially Terrence Malick's Badlands.

Only not half as good. And starring Tarantino.