Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but since the beginning we started to worry for things that in the end were revealed non-existent, so I hope the pattern will repeat for track timings too. :)

However, the "Desert Chase" timing is not correct, even if they put the original edited version. As for the fact that Disc 5 is not maxed out at full capacity, I believe that re-use fees were the problem, but there's also the possibility they purposefully didn't include everything for being open to other re-releases in the future.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just sat down and re-watched the Return To The Village / Finale / End Credits part of The Temple Of Doom. I also timed it.

From the second The Raiders March starts playing (just after Indy appears with the stone on the broken bridge) to the final note of the End Credits music, it's timed at JUST UNDER 8 MINUTES IN TOTAL.

Now, given the track lengths (if they are accurate) are 3:26 and 6:19, we could perhaps be getting the whole finale here! :D

It's worth noting that in the film when the credits start rolling, the music changes tone slightly, at around 3:24 (suspiciously around the same time as the "Return To The Village / Raiders March" track on the CD is supposed to end). :)

Looking good guys! :)

I've just sat down and re-watched the Return To The Village / Finale / End Credits part of The Temple Of Doom. I also timed it.

From the second The Raiders March starts playing (just after Indy appears with the stone on the broken bridge) to the final note of the End Credits music, it's timed at JUST UNDER 8 MINUTES IN TOTAL.

Now, given the track lengths (if they are accurate) are 3:26 and 6:19, we could perhaps be getting the whole finale here! :D

It's worth noting that in the film when the credits start rolling, the music changes tone slightly, at around 3:24 (suspiciously around the same time as the "Return To The Village / Raiders March" track on the CD is supposed to end). :)

Looking good guys! :)

Since you're from the UK, I presume you have the Region 2 versions? Be careful to take the 4% speed-up into account unless you have the Region 1.

Since you're from the UK, I presume you have the Region 2 versions? Be careful to take the 4% speed-up into account unless you have the Region 1.

Forgot about that! Blast! :)

Why is there a difference in the two different regions? Does the region 1 music play slower? Surely it has to match the speed of the film?

Forgot about that! Blast! :)

Why is there a difference in the two different regions? Does the region 1 music play slower? Surely it has to match the speed of the film?

Region 1 has the NTSC video system, which runs at the correct speed when transfered from film. Regions 2 and 4 use the PAL system, which speeds film transfers from 24fps to 25fps, hence a 4% speed-up at an incorrect speed and usually a higher pitch.

Region 1 has the NTSC video system, which runs at the correct speed when transfered from film. Regions 2 and 4 use the PAL system, which speeds film transfers from 24fps to 25fps, hence a 4% speed-up at an incorrect speed and usually a higher pitch.

Hmmm. Interesting. :)

Even so, we could still get the full Finale, given that the combined CD track lengths come to nearly 10 minutes?

Well,I hope we can edit it with the End Credits from disk 2 ,and not need a DVD rip for the Short Round/Indy interpolation ,or that we'll be missing 10 seconds no matter what we do (the crowd cheering just before the fade out to End Credits)

and yes you guys in Europe have the incorrect speed .All edits with c.d. material must be based on DVD rips from US version

damn bad news if they are true...

but since many tracklist whithin CD covers have typos... why these couldnt' either?

I hope he TOD end creidits can be re-created merging the two cues...

And father and son reunited better be THAT scene and not indy sneaks....

yeah the indy sneaks cue is pretty lame .I was sure they 'd leave it out .Could be the one poor decision of this set

I wouldnt mind having it mixed with the actual reunion cue. But having it alone....well...we already are missing great small renditions of the grail theme and henry's theme to have another one. :)

The only thing that really disappoints here is that the boring cue when Indy is walking around the Nazi castle is 'Father and Son Reunited', not the gorgeous cue that follows it in the film. Not sure what Laurent was thinking here, but if Williams was involved....... I mean, the guy gives us 'Secret Doors and Scorpions' over 'Warehouse Escape' and complete 'Jungle Chase'. He seems to love breaking up the wonderful melodic cues with dull, atonal or dissonant ones.

But alas, the sheer volume of material we are getting makes this a non-issue.

As far as Temple of Doom, I can confirm two things: in the film, from the moment that Indy begins cutting the bridge, until the wide shot of Indy & co. walking towards the village, it lasts from exactly 1:40:30 to 1:44:59. Now, allowing for the 4% speed up, a couple of seconds of music that was cut in the film, and quiet at the start and end of the track itself, this fits the 4:46 track runtime perfectly. So basically, this track begins with the fanfare as Indy destroys the bridge, and ends after the music of Indy climbing back up the bridge to the relief of a nervous Willie and Shorty.

The mysterious "Return to the Village/Raiders March" track isn't as bad as we're all expecting. In the film, the Raiders March begins at 1:44:56 and the credits begin rolling at 1:48:15, which is 3:19 in duration (the track is 7 seconds longer, basically just silence at the start and end). For those familiar with the Lego cues we extracted, we actually have the very end of this cue with its clean ending right after the lovely one-octave-raise of the Indy 'A' theme. So we'll just have to extract the music from the DVD to get a complete film version of the Indy end credits.

"Indy and the Villagers" is a great big mystery to me though, this duration doesn't fit with anything in the film. It's too long and too short to fit anything... let's just hope it includes the 'Fortune and Glory' fanfare!

Also worth noting, 'Water!' in the film is from 1:36:00 until 1:37:35. Even allowing for a 4% speed up, this must have a fair bit of cut music or includes only half of the Basket Game reference.

"Sword Trick" being only a minute is strange. It snugly fits the Basket Game reference up until the music right before the bridge percussion. That, or this is a heavily truncated track with the bridge percussion (which lasts over 2 minutes in the film). With all the bridge percussion music included in the Lego game (and it's obvious those games used prototypes of these CDs for their material), it seems odd that it didn't make it to the final CD. Nothing I'm too upset about personally, just odd that they'd include "The Secret Passage" instead of the iconic percussion cue. Alas, that's the only explanation.

I just think it's strange that they've decided to put "Return To The Village / Raiders March" and "End Credits" on seperate discs. I thought it would make more sense to have them play one after the other, or maybe combine the two and have one long track (like the movie).

I guess having the combination made the Temple CD too long...

The End Credits on the Temple CD really only contains about 5 minutes of the film version's End Credits, so we're missing some stuff either way.

and ends after the music of Indy climbing back up the bridge to the relief of a nervous Willie and Shorty.

it BETTER include this .Though it makes sense to include it in that track so that the merge with the Raiders March is preserved on disk 2

I'm afraid it won't be complete even with the DVD rip .The crowd noises are a few seconds into the end credits over that first statement ot the Raiders March .So it means we'll have to edit the interpolation(clean ,so that's good news ) with the end of whatever ends on Disk 5.

Oh, some other observations:

'Short Round Escapes' is all the music from the second time we see Shorty banging away at his chains and Indy caressing Willie's cheek as she begs for help, right up until when Willie's cage is flipped over and the floor opens to the lava below. Not bad.

'Saving Willie' is everything from the moment Indy and Shorty begin attacking Thugees together (the statement of the Indy 'A' Theme, basically), right up until the fanfare as Indy says "Right...all of us", which leads us directly into "Slave Children's Crusade".

I guess having the combination made the Temple CD too long...

The End Credits on the Temple CD really only contains about 5 minutes of the film version's End Credits, so we're missing some stuff either way.

I like the very end of the End Credits (final rendition of the Raiders March) in the film far more than the CD version. I wonder which version we're getting? Probably the one from the OST.

This is worth repeating . . . .

Now with track times....

CD 1: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - EXPANDED EDITION

01. John Williams - In the Jungle (04:11)

02. John Williams - The Idol Temple (03:54)

03. John Williams - Escape from the Temple (01:31)

04. John Williams - Flight From Peru (02:21)

05. John Williams - Washington Men/Indy's Home (01:03)

06. John Williams - A Thought for Marion/To Nepal (02:10)

07. John Williams - The Medallion (02:52)

08. John Williams - Flight to Cairo (01:28)

09. John Williams - The Basket Game (05:01)

10. John Williams - Bad Dates (01:11)

11. John Williams - The Map Room: Dawn (03:49)

12. John Williams - Reunion in the Tent/Searching for the Well (03:59)

13. John Williams - The Well of the Souls (05:26)

14. John Williams - Indy Rides the Statue (01:07)

15. John Williams - The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing (04:34)

16. John Williams - Desert Chase (07:31)

17. John Williams - Marion's Theme/The Crate (02:07)

18. John Williams - The German Sub (01:21)

19. John Williams - Ride to the Nazi Hideout (03:17)

20. John Williams - Indy Follows the Ark (01:38)

21. John Williams - The Miracle of the Ark (06:05)

22. John Williams - Washington Ending & Raiders March (06:51)

ca. 73 Min.

CD 2: INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM - EXPANDED EDITION

01. John Williams - Anything Goes (02:49)

02. John Williams - Indy Negotiates (03:58)

03. John Williams - The Nightclub Brawl (02:30)

04. John Williams - Fast Streets of Shanghai (03:39)

05. John Williams - Map/Out of Fuel (03:21)

06. John Williams - Slalom on Mt. Humol (02:23)

07. John Williams - Short Round's Theme (02:28)

08. John Williams - The Scroll/To Pankot Palace (04:24)

09. John Williams - Nocturnal Activities (05:53)

10. John Williams - Bug Tunnel/Death Trap (03:28)

11. John Williams - Approaching the Stones (02:38)

12. John Williams - Children in Chains (02:41)

13. John Williams - The Temple of Doom (02:58)

14. John Williams - Short Round Escapes (02:20)

15. John Williams - Saving Willie (03:34)

16. John Williams - Slave Children's Crusade (03:22)

17. John Williams - Short Round Helps (04:49)

18. John Williams - The Mine Car Chase (03:40)

19. John Williams - Water! (01:55)

20. John Williams - The Sword Trick (01:03)

21. John Williams - The Broken Bridge/British Relief (04:46)

22. John Williams - End Credits (06:19)

ca. 75 Min.

CD 3: INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE - EXPANDED EDITION

01. John Williams - Indy's Very First Adventure (12:00)

02. John Williams - The Boat Scene (02:21)

03. John Williams - X Marks the Spot (03:11)

04. John Williams - Ah, Rats!!! (03:40)

05. John Williams - Escape from Venice (04:22)

06. John Williams - Journey to Austria (00:38)

07. John Williams - Father and Son Reunited (01:48)

08. John Williams - The Austrian Way (02:39)

09. John Williams - Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra (03:52)

10. John Williams - Alarm! (03:05)

11. John Williams - No Ticket (02:44)

12. John Williams - Keeping Up With the Joneses (03:36)

13. John Williams - Brother of the Cruciform Sword (01:56)

14. John Williams - On the Tank (03:37)

15. John Williams - Belly of the Steel Beast (05:28)

16. John Williams - The Canyon of the Crescent Moon (04:17)

17. John Williams - The Penitent Man Will Pass (03:23)

18. John Williams - The Keeper of the Grail (03:23)

19. John Williams - Finale & End Credits (10:37)

ca. 77 Min.

CD 4: INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL - ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

01. John Williams - Raiders March (05:06)

02. John Williams - Call of the Crystal (03:49)

03. John Williams - The Adventures of Mutt (03:12)

04. John Williams - Irina's Theme (02:26)

05. John Williams - The Snake Pit (03:15)

06. John Williams - The Spell of the Skull (04:24)

07. John Williams - The Journey to Akator (03:07)

08. John Williams - A Whirl Through Academe (03:34)

09. John Williams - "Return" (03:12)

10. John Williams - The Jungle Chase (04:23)

11. John Williams - Orellana's Cradle (04:22)

12. John Williams - Grave Robbers (02:29)

13. John Williams - Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold (05:14)

14. John Williams - Secret Doors and Scorpions (02:17)

15. John Williams - Oxley's Dilemma (04:46)

16. John Williams - Ants! (04:14)

17. John Williams - Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed (05:51)

18. John Williams - The Departure (02:27)

19. John Williams - Finale (09:20)

ca. 77 Min.

CD 5: INTERVIEWS AND MORE MUSIC FROM INDIANA JONES

1. John Williams - Raiders March (02:28)

2. John Williams - Interviews with John Williams, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas (17:56)

3. John Williams - Uncovering the Ark (05:30)

4. John Williams - Indy and the Villagers (03:51)

5. John Williams - The Secret Passage (03:28)

6. John Williams - Father's Study (02:25)

7. John Williams - Marcus Is Captured/To Berlin (01:53)

8. John Williams - To the Blimp (02:01)

9. John Williams - The Blimp Turns Around (01:27)

10. John Williams - Death of Kazim (02:24)

11. John Williams - Wrong Choice, Right Choice (04:34)

12. John Williams - Return to the Village/Raiders March (03:26)

Music ca. 34 Min. + Interviews ca. 18 Min. = 52 Min.

http://www.exlibris.ch/musik.aspx?status=d...00&t_na=pho

I am VERY happy with this release and cannot wait for my order to arrive. :)

I somehow can't imagine "Indy Climbing back" being on this set... the end credits of disk 2 are the album ones and the one on disc 5 will start with the raiders march. I think indy cilmbs back is an own cue, maybe it is at the end of bridge confrontation.. but I just have a feeling it won't be on it..

I like the very end of the End Credits (final rendition of the Raiders March) in the film far more than the CD version. I wonder which version we're getting? Probably the one from the OST.

Although I'm not too savvy with alternates and what not, from what I can tell, the OST version is just an extended version of the film version? Ie, the film version is just a cut down version we have on the OST... all we're really missing is the Indy/Shorty theme interpolation (film version)... sadly. Alas, we'll just have to endure 5 seconds of crowd noises in the inevitable new Temple Complete bootlegs.

I somehow can't imagine "Indy Climbing back" being on this set... the end credits of disk 2 are the album ones and the one on disc 5 will start with the raiders march. I think indy cilmbs back is an own cue, maybe it is at the end of bridge confrontation.. but I just have a feeling it won't be on it..
It's attached to the end of 'British Relief' just as it appears in the film. Why would it not? The timing fits with the track time perfectly, unless there's 45 seconds of music we've never heard before in 'Broken Bridge/British Relief'. That's the only other explanation.

It's attached to the end of 'British Relief' just as it appears in the film. Why would it not? The timing fits with the track time perfectly, unless there's 45 seconds of music we've never heard before in 'Broken Bridge/British Relief'. That's the only other explanation.

The tracktimes weren't posted when I wrote that post..

I'm sure "Indy Climbs" surely will be at the end of the "British Relief" cue.

The thing that doesn't make sense with a 3:26 duration of "Return to the Village/Raiders March" is that said cue can't be splitted or cut at that time mark. I just hope they didn't do a hack editing job on that.

Although I'm not too savvy with alternates and what not, from what I can tell, the OST version is just an extended version of the film version? Ie, the film version is just a cut down version we have on the OST

It is, but it's also a more powerful version of the Indy theme - much more suited to this film. That's what I think anyway. :)

The thing that doesn't make sense with a 3:26 duration of "Return to the Village/Raiders March" is that said cue can't be splitted or cut at that time mark. I just hope they didn't do a hack editing job on that.

Yeah that's my worry too. I hope there isn't just an abrupt stop in the music. Unless it is actually supposed to fit directly onto the front of "End Credits" with no gap?

It does make sense, and unfortunately it does end abrubtly. You can hear exactly how this cue was recorded in parts... but you'd never guess it listening to it in the film. Basically, we get the music as Indy/Willie finally kiss, and the Raiders march soars, and then... two notes and it just... ends. The file is 'BOB_OUTROEND' in the Lego game files for anyone curious or confused.

That annoys me far more than anything else we've discovered today... but we're also getting a cue we assumed wasn't on there ("Blasphemy"), so it balances out. A pity to not have all the glorious Grail/Illumination cues from Crusade, but maybe we can expect complete releases a few years down the track.

It does make sense, and unfortunately it does end abrubtly. You can hear exactly how this cue was recorded in parts... but you'd never guess it listening to it in the film. Basically, we get the music as Indy/Willie finally kiss, and the Raiders march soars, and then... two notes and it just... ends. The file is 'BOB_OUTROEND' in the Lego game files for anyone curious or confused.

Oh my.. I just listened to that file..

horrible!!!

ah yes .Meaning I'm also right .Even with a DVDrip we still have crowd noises and can't make a full edit

Yeah I've just listened to it again, and yes you're right.

Is this 'BOB_OUTROEND' available to download anywhere?

Will the "Return To The Village" cue be able to join neatly to the start of "End Credits"? Then again, I suppose that will depend on which version of the End Credits we get?

So hopefully that clears up any confusion about what this cue is...

It isn't so bad. We're missing, what, 45 seconds tops? 1:48:15 until 1:48:56 in the film? Maybe Laurent just thought we could fill in the gaps, considering how much of the cue overlaps with the End Credits track on the Temple CD.

We can use :

The track as it ends on disk 5 as in Lego file . The next track would be a DVD rip that starts with the Interpolation ,no mixing of the 2 .That's ok because the first statement of the Raiders March over the credits (crowd noises) is NOT the important one and just a normal rendition of the theme

Yep, basically.. the crowd noises are well and truly gone by the time we get to the lovely Indy/Shorty theme interpolation, so we can just tag that on to the end of "Return to the Village", then tag on "End Credits" from Disc 2 after that. It's not as if the crowd noises overlap with a theme we haven't heard a million and one variations of.

Alright, let's put it this way. If you want a complete Temple of Doom Finale/End Credits, you will have to use:

1. Disc 5 Track 12 "Return to the Village"

2. About 20 seconds ripped from the DVD, which contains the unreleased part of the Indy/Shorty theme interpolation, which then segues into...

3. Disc 2 Track 22 "End Credits", from 0:37 onwards.

Alright, let's put it this way. If you want a complete Temple of Doom Finale/End Credits, you will have to use:

1. Disc 5 Track 12 "Return to the Village"

2. About 20 seconds ripped from the DVD, which contains the unreleased part of the Indy/Shorty theme interpolation, which then segues into...

3. Disc 2 Track 22 "End Credits", from 0:37 onwards.

Fair enough. :) Thanks for explaining.

I'll see what it sounds like when it gets here as to what I'm gonna do!

Basically, there's 10 seconds of music we won't have clean.. Nothing to get upset over.

I'm more surprised that nobody seems to care that we're not getting any of the Bridge percussion, or that it's likely we're not getting 'Fortune and Glory' (it'll probably be that mysterious alternate from the Lego files, plus 'They Stole the Children').

I'm more surprised that nobody seems to care that we're not getting any of the Bridge percussion, or that it's likely we're not getting 'Fortune and Glory' (it'll probably be that mysterious alternate from the Lego files, plus 'They Stole the Children').

Don't care whatsoever for the bridge percussions (even less than other unreleased cues)

I bet we have Fortune and Glory because it leads into Short Rounds Theme

I'm hoping track times from a different source prove this one wrong...but I know it's not likely.

The expansions are great - but why did they have to do that to Desert Chase? I really don't want to put down another $30 just to get the DCC for the one track. :)

The track "End Credits" on Disc 2 could actually be the film version of the end credits, starting at the credits roll. It would have the same duration as the album version.