Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (official Thread)

Mr. Breathmask

I'm interested in all the cues we're getting, but these are my main ToD 'wants' (if you will): -

Anything Goes Fanfare / Shanghai 1935 (Don't think for one minute it'll be on there, but I can use the boot for that)

Over The Himalayas / Out Of Fuel

Saving Willie (I wonder if this will flow into "Slave Children's Crusade"?)

Slave Children's Crusade

Short Round Helps

Water!

The Sword Trick

The Broken Bridge / British Relief

Return To The Village / Finale

End Credits

Is it actually confirmed we're getting none of the bridge percussion then? :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The track "End Credits" on Disc 2 could actually be the film version of the end credits, starting at the credits roll. It would have the same duration as the album version.

Yeah, it could.. but it won't be.

The track "End Credits" on Disc 2 could actually be the film version of the end credits, starting at the credits roll. It would have the same duration as the album version.

It would have a ** next to it

Well the bridge percussions......... you're either getting none of it, or you're getting a heavily truncated one minute of it. It depends what "The Sword Trick" is and, given its duration, it's most likely the cue as Indy attacks the sword-wielding Thugees. So no bridge percussion... but it's actually a fairly clean DVD rip, and much of it can be found within the Lego files anyhow.

Well the bridge percussions......... you're either getting none of it, or you're getting a heavily truncated one minute of it. It depends what "The Sword Trick" is and, given its duration, it's most likely the cue as Indy attacks the sword-wielding Thugees. So no bridge percussion... but it's actually a fairly clean DVD rip, and much of it can be found within the Lego files anyhow.

I see. Just what are these Lego files that people keep mentioning? :)

Since some of you have already been fooled by a supposed early version of Raiders I would suggest waiting until Concord releases the official track times because there are some discrepancies with track times that are already known.

KM may not care about the bridge percussion but that doesn't apply to everyone else.

Since some of you have already been fooled by a supposed early version of Raiders I would suggest waiting until Concord releases the official track times because there are some discrepancies with track times that are already known.

I'm beginning to wonder if Concord ever will?

Well, moving off TEMPLE and onto CRUSADE, looks as if "Alarm!" is the music from the moment Henry burns his finger and throws the zippo onto the floor by accident, up until the scene where Indy thinks they've reached a dead end at the top of the castle. In the film, this is all about 2:50, so as always, there might be a little bit of unreleased trimmed material in this track as well! Lovely!!! :)

I agree. I'll not take anything for granted until I'll listen to the boxset with my own ears.

We have most of the bridge stuff clean from the Lego Video Games

It's not entirely clean, is it? There's jungle noises throughout the two of the three main cues with the bridge music.

So I was watching the ToD finale... Is it just my imagination, or do the villagers actually sing along with the B section of the Raiders March when the children are returning?

So I was watching the ToD finale... Is it just my imagination, or do the villagers actually sing along with the B section of the Raiders March when the children are returning?

Can't remember them singing...... :)

Is there a choir accompanying the orchestra perhaps?

It would have a ** next to it

Let's look at the track times carefully. Every single track - except for "Mine Car Chase" - is five or six seconds shorter than the album version due to the deletion of silence at the end. "End Credits" (which on the OST was "Finale and End Credits") is exactly the same length. Could there be something different about it?

Well, moving off TEMPLE and onto CRUSADE, looks as if "Alarm!" is the music from the moment Henry burns his finger and throws the zippo onto the floor by accident, up until the scene where Indy thinks they've reached a dead end at the top of the castle. In the film, this is all about 2:50, so as always, there might be a little bit of unreleased trimmed material in this track as well! Lovely!!! :)

I ripped "Alarm!" from the DVD a few years ago, and on my edit it's 3:05. I did notice an obvious cut, however, that suggests we could get some unheard music. It goes something like this:

0:00 - 0:11 - Cue starts as Henry drops the lighter

0:12 - 0:32 - Music cuts to scherzo as the room lights on fire (it seems to use the exact orchestration from the scherzo statement in 1:08-1:27, particularly the ending suggests this)

0:33 - end - Music cuts to Nazi theme, then at 1:08, the scherzo starts again (sounds like there's a minor 2-second cut around 1:24), then from 1:27 through the end I can't recall anything really distinctive

God is there NO END to the moaning that goes on in this place?!? You people LOOK for faults - can't you just enjoy what you have?

This is JWFAN we're talking about here...and it seems not.

KM may not care about the bridge percussion but that doesn't apply to everyone else.

I agree it's rather silly to be panicking at this point. I'm taking these track times with a grain of salt since they're posted on a foreign site. I'm going to wait until I get my box set in 3 weeks.

I hope you are not part of 'everyone else' as we have heard you many times your comptent with this incomplete release...

About the TOD end credits.

We had the OST and then we had this box set that included the finale and credits in two parts splitted in two discs.

Now it seems that even with an expanded release, we wont have the complete thing (when all the other 3 movies have complete versions of the finale and end credits).

Yes i can complain.

I'll moan if it becomes true. Right now i'll just complain.

I hope you are not part of 'everyone else' as we have heard you many times your comptent with this incomplete release...

Uh what contempt? You have no idea what you are talking about.

I've been one of the few members who's been positive about the Concord box set from the begining. Most of my posts have been positive and encouraged members to wait until they get official word before panicking. When it was announced that Raiders was expanded I posted that it was highly likely that LC & TOD would be expanded as well when others doubted that that would happen.

You must have me confused with King Mark.

I've been one of the few members who's been positive about the Concord box set from the begining. Most of my posts have been positive and encouraged members to wait until they get official word before panicking. When it was announced that Raiders was expanded I posted that it was highly likely that LC & TOD would be expanded as well when others doubted that that would happen.

Indeed and I'm with Mark on this too and have been since the beginning as well. I'm not panicking at all in fact I'm waiting for my box set to come to get anything official. I'm not going to believe some foreign site.

doesnt comptent mean 'pleased'. I could be wrong (false friend with spanish)

I think you are pleased and didnt cared this release is not complete, that's why i can't believe you could care about not getting the bridge percussion.

You have said many times that if this release just included the DCC and TOD OST 'as is' it would be great in returning the music in the market. That's not very 'caring'...

To put it simply contempt means dislike.

And you've mis-construed some of my remarks, if Concord have never planned to expand these releases and just release the original albums I said it was good for those who never had a chance to get any of the scores from IJ. I also said I wasn't concerned about Raiders being expanded because the DCC had enough music on it. My preferences were for TOD & LC to be expanded.

It's Mark.

Yes, I would like the percussion to be included because it's a major cue and part of the film. However I won't throw a hissy fit if it's not included.

So am I the only one that's chosen not to live and die by what the early tracklists say and patiently waiting to, y'know, listen to what's on the discs?

Nope Mark O and I are not going to believe some foreign site. Both of us are going to wait until we get our copies of the box set to get official information.

So am I the only one that's chosen not to live and die by what the early tracklists say and patiently waiting to, y'know, listen to what's on the discs?

Nope Mark O and I are not going to believe some foreign site. Both of us are going to wait until we get our copies of the box set to get official information.

you make it sound as if 'foreign' is bad.

I'm insulted :)

BTW many many things leak before in foreign places because they are not tightly looked down by US companies.

Remember we had the 1st review of KOTCS cd in a frech site. (i dont rembemre it well but i think it was not fake)

Just accept the damn set for what it is. Who cares about 20 seconds of missing music?

Xcuse me but you are going to spend about 40$ in some unreleased crap from TDK...

Not even chronologically ordered.

Just accept the damn set for what it is. Who cares about 20 seconds of missing music?

I don't think you really understand where you are. ;)

That's signature worthy right there, hehe.

Seriously. you'd think the fact that were getting at least 40 minutes each of new music from Doom and Crusade would be enough to make people happy....