Upcoming Films

Quintus

I have never seen any of the Divergent movies, but I watched these videos and judging by them they are really stupid!

I saw part of the first one on HBO a couple of years ago and yeah it was awful.  Who would have predicted that the Maze Runner series would be more successful than Divergent among the shitty Hunger Games clones?

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Lonnegan said:

Will watch because Snowpiercer was a good oddity. 

I don't get the love. Waste of many talents. 

I don't know why they made a Trainspotting 2 but they did with the main cast all returning somehow

Interesting article about the failure of Divergent 3 and the decline of YA novel film adaptations as whole

http://www.salon.com/2016/07/24/the_fall_of_divergent_the_final_film_will_bow_on_tv_heres_why_it_matters/

Seems like Hollywood will be moving on to other things instead of churning these out all the time now.

~

Wow they let M Night Shyamalan direct another film

40 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wow they let M Night Shyamalan direct another film

To be fair, his last movie grossed almost $100 million on a $5 million budget.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=blumhouse2015.htm

I'd guess that After Earth is probably the last time he gets a lot of money to play with though.

I saw The Visit and it was absolutely terrible, I can't believe so many consider it a comeback film for him.  It's even worse than his big budget junk

That game is awesome and its brilliance comes from its excellent environmental storytelling and branching narrative based on player choice. A film adaptation can't possibly serve the story justice.

As for Split, James McAvoy looks like he's having a great time but alas, no James Newton Howard. Did they have a falling out after After Earth?

Disney is developing a sequel to "The Rocketeer"

It's set 6 years after the original film, and will star a young black woman in the Rocketeer suit, to distant itself from their Iron Man property...... which is kinda funny, because in the comics Marvel just had a young black woman take over as Iron Man!

The Jungle Book producer Brigham Taylor is set to produce the film with the unlikely pair of L.A. Clippers Power forward Blake Griffin and Carolina Panthers center Ryan Kalil.

WTF?

On 25/07/2016 at 7:47 PM, Stefancos said:

That one and Pulp Fiction

I remember 61 year old Barry Norman saying it was his film of the year in his '94 end of year top 10 countdown. I discovered the film because of him. Good times. 

Now we get Winkleman :eh: